John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have an opinion on running Amsoil lubricants? I've only got 600 miles on her, and we get the first 20,000 miles of maintenance included, but after that, I want to replace all the fluids with Amsoil....unless someone has data to show that it's ill-advised. Thanks.
Sponsored

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Axle Fluid

Front axle fluid capacity:
  • W/ electronic locking differential: 26.2 fluid ounces
  • W/o electronic locking differential and w/o front axle disconnect: 29.2 fluid ounces
  • W/o electronic locking differential and w/ front axle disconnect: 30.4 fluid ounces
Rear axle fluid capacity:
  • W/ electronic locking differential: 63.6 fluid ounces
  • W/o electronic locking differential: 65.3 fluid ounces
MOTORCRAFT PART NUMBER
Motorcraft® SAE 80W-90 Premium Rear Axle Lubricant (U.S.)WSP-M2C197-A
Motorcraft® SAE 75W-85 Premium Synthetic Hypoid Gear Lubricant (U.S.)WSS-M2C942-A

I'm compiling a file for all the required fluids and I am confused on the Front and Rear Diff lube.

If I'm readiing the above correctly, the Rear Axle lube is Motorcraft 80W-90 and the Front is 75W-85 Hypoid. But when I called the dealer parts department to get part numbers, he said the complete opposite: the Rear Lube is 75W-85 and the front is the 80W-90.

Can anyone help clarify?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

do you have to go with Ford Motorcraft Antifreeze/Coolant/ or is antifreeze just antifreeze?? I need to top mine off

also this is the first coolant reservoir that I can't remove the cap from .... is there a trick to this?

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Axle Fluid

Front axle fluid capacity:
  • W/ electronic locking differential: 26.2 fluid ounces
  • W/o electronic locking differential and w/o front axle disconnect: 29.2 fluid ounces
  • W/o electronic locking differential and w/ front axle disconnect: 30.4 fluid ounces
Rear axle fluid capacity:
  • W/ electronic locking differential: 63.6 fluid ounces
  • W/o electronic locking differential: 65.3 fluid ounces
MOTORCRAFT PART NUMBER
Motorcraft® SAE 80W-90 Premium Rear Axle Lubricant (U.S.)WSP-M2C197-A
Motorcraft® SAE 75W-85 Premium Synthetic Hypoid Gear Lubricant (U.S.)WSS-M2C942-A

I'm compiling a file for all the required fluids and I am confused on the Front and Rear Diff lube.

If I'm readiing the above correctly, the Rear Axle lube is Motorcraft 80W-90 and the Front is 75W-85 Hypoid. But when I called the dealer parts department to get part numbers, he said the complete opposite: the Rear Lube is 75W-85 and the front is the 80W-90.

Can anyone help clarify?
Bit of a delayed answer, but the 80W-90 goes in the front (even through Ford labels the fluid as a rear axle lube) and the 75W-85 goes in the rear

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those interested in their products, I had a chat with Dave over at Redline since the 'applications by vehicle' thing on their website wasn't up to date for the Bronco, these were their recommendations:

Front diff: 75W90 GL-5
Rear diff: 75W85 GL-5
T-case: D6 AFT

Currently no products for the 10 speed transmission, they don't yet make anything that crosses with the Mercon ULV standard

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm so glad it takes "standard, normal" 5W-30 oil. My commuter VW Jetta takes 5W-20 European grade oil. 'Standard" Dexos grade 5W-20 is no problem. Try finding the European grade- PIA and expensive- like 20 a quart. So I get 53 MPG in it so I guess it's worth it, maybe.

Wish I could afford to drive the Bronco versus the commuter though........

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 oil filter vs 2.7 oil filter

2.7 oil filter looks a lot bigger and newer design (and 2-3x more expensive)
I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up a Motorcraft 2026A cartridge-type filter for the 2.7 at Walmart for $6.46.

Excellent video for your first oil change.

Last edited:
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Liberty CRD, Aveo
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my manual states 6 quarts of oil for the 2.3, but here and elsewhere ive seen 6.2, is this something that was updated at some point?

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have an opinion on running Amsoil lubricants? I've only got 600 miles on her, and we get the first 20,000 miles of maintenance included, but after that, I want to replace all the fluids with Amsoil....unless someone has data to show that it's ill-advised. Thanks.
I just switched my MY22 OBX to AMSoil at its first change at 3500 miles (1/month - I had a road trip).

I've run AMSoil in past motors and pretty happy with their claims. I'm still following the factory maintenance schedule and just paying the premium for a US-oil and doing the whole synthetic route. I also send my oil to a lab for analysis - waiting on the initial one back.

That being said, I also have a 735rwhp Mustang that the builder said Castol 10W40 Conventional every 3,000 miles - that I follow his advice on.

I had a MY21 Big Bend (soft top) with the 2.3 that I ran Mobil1 (was on-sale and just wanted Synthetic).

I am running Mishimoto dual catch cans now to - although that maybe overkill on the 2.7. I never bothered with it on the MY21 2.3, since that one was to hold me over for the build that I really wanted :).

My other vehicle experience with AMSoil was in F150 and F250s (gas and diesel). Nothing bad to say about the product and no failures with combined probably over 200,000 miles on their product. In the 2.7, it did quiet down the engine at idle. I'll see how it goes over the life of it.

As far as going for 10,000+ miles before a change, I would be wary over deviation of the factory maintenance schedule. If you have a lab report to back it up, you MAY be OK - but...

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So can we use this https://www.valvoline.com/en-au/syngear-75w-85/ ? I have always used Valvoline without any issues. Now in my F-150 with the limited slip, it also requires friction modifer. I don't see that mentioned here at all or in any other Bronco info/data sites. I guess I can bypass the friction modifer this time?🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So can we use this https://www.valvoline.com/en-au/syngear-75w-85/ ? I have always used Valvoline without any issues. Now in my F-150 with the limited slip, it also requires friction modifer. I don't see that mentioned here at all or in any other Bronco info/data sites. I guess I can bypass the friction modifer this time?🤷‍♂️
No friction modifier necessary. The bronco doesn’t have a limited slip differential.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if this is a good spot, but just an FYI I had noticed that Pennzoil Ultra Platinum didn't meet Ford's specs but their regular Platinum did.

So I emailed them to clarify and they confirmed that their Ultra does not and will mostly not meet Ford's spec for our Broncos.

So if you do happen to be a Pennzoil user...make sure to use the right one.

Enquiry: FW: Pennzoil Platinum vs Ultra Platinum (and Ford WSS-M2C961-A) Ref:09755669
Response:

Hello,

Trust you are well. There's no error in the TDS for Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30. It really does not cover the properties of M2C961-A. Also, we have not received any advice on plans on getting the certification. Thank you

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That will work just fine for the rear axle. You're correct, no friction modified needed since it's a on-or-off locker in the Broncos instead of a clutch-based limited slip

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wondering if there is a fuel filter?

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering if there is a fuel filter?
No fuel filter. At least not on 2.3 L. Gimme a 2.7 or 3.0 VIN and I'll run it.
Sponsored