Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Best of luck. My best strategy was to submit and just flat out forget that I had a new vehicle ordered. It's help save me so much angst over the past 6 months (reserved in May 2021), and could only imagine double that time.
Yeah we're not in a hurry at all. She loves her Mustang ragtop and I'm hoping to finally get HER '84 GMC 4x4 short bed truck into the shop to start tearing it down.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The whole point of selling my F150 was to get a Bronco that I can tow a 7 pin with so I can have a a RV trailer to go on long term vacations to anywhere I want. If I drop the tow package, I am dropping my Bronco and getting a Ranger. I also am not budging on the hard top, that is a requirement and since both of these seems to be a problem child, its pointless. I am just going to hang out.

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some people just like to watch the world burn
The only thing I gave up was my mod top. Actually really enjoy the soft top. Easy open close. No need to have a place to keep the tops. Besides, I live in Houston and it is soft top weather most of the year. Received my Bad Squatch 2.7 Lux with tow just a month later than expected.

Deleted member 12876

This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
  • Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)
Fuck that
Give me what offered or just keep it.
I don’t compromise when I’m a paying customer

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How does the Curt harness install? Does it have to connect to the battery? I had a Reese trailer light kit for my wife's Equinox that had to run a cable all the way up to the battery. Two kits later and I gave up on it never got it to operate correctly. (full disclosure, former Reese engineer)
It connects in-line with the tail lights and it also needs a power and a ground. See below.

I just put one on my '20 Sahara. The hitch took about ten minutes and the harness took about an hour. The hardest part (time consuming actually) was running a wire up to the battery for power. I had to make sure to stay clear of the exhaust on the way up. I would assume the aftermarket Bronco kit is going to need the power wire to work with the Led tail lights?
Yes, though it appears any non-base Bronco will have a suitable 12V wire already run to the trailer tow module at the left side of the cargo area. You just add a pin to the blank plug so no splicing. Phil has a great thread discussing it here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tow-package-arrived-contents-inside.17659/page-13

Sponsored

snick2301

Outer Banks
First Name
Niki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2 DR OBX w/SAS, and all three of the "no go" options ordered! I am going to be waiting a long time! Not changing I will wait for what I want, but SUCKS

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
The whole point of selling my F150 was to get a Bronco that I can tow a 7 pin with so I can have a a RV trailer to go on long term vacations to anywhere I want. If I drop the tow package, I am dropping my Bronco and getting a Ranger. I also am not budging on the hard top, that is a requirement and since both of these seems to be a problem child, its pointless. I am just going to hang out.
Even if you got the factory tow package you would still need to install or have installed the trailer brake controller (it is not included with the tow package)

The Curt hitch and wiring for 4 pin is around $200 and a separate brake controller is another ~$200 and ~$100 for the 7 pin wiring kit -about $500 total before installation

The factory setup is $595 + ~$250 for the brake controller - about $845 (still have to install brake controller)

I would find it hard to believe that you could not get a reputable shop to install the hitch and wiring for the $345 dollar difference (actually more if you figure in installing the brake controller on the factory setup)

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just changed my order to a soft top...I don't know why I even ordered a hardtop since I wanted the 'open feeling' in the first place and 90% of the time I am rolling with the windows and sunroof open in my Tacoma

OW/Badlands4Dr/SQuatch

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is lux package still a constraint vs. switching to high? Looking at the build/price this morning and it looks like they don't even let you select lux for a 2 or 4 door badlands anymore. Anyone know if they've stopped taking lux orders now?
I just looked at the Build and Price site and lux is still an option.

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just looked at the Build and Price site and lux is still an option.
Okay I see what's going on (at least on my end). It looks like they have the packages out of order suddenly today as it seems to go mid, lux, standard, high from left to right now. It was always in order of cost before, so that's strange.

I'm still curious if anyone knows if there's much difference between high and lux in terms of build ability at this point. I'd like to gain the features that come in lux but maybe not enough to cause it to delay my order at this point.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In theory, this is to be SCHEDULED. If one is already scheduled with these constraints, there shouldn't be a reason to worry?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
  • Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)
I'm on the fence on the MIC top. Does anyone have any inside information on how much dropping the MIC top will improve my odds of getting a build anytime soon? My build is just a base with HD bumper and aux switches.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You say that, but those rodeo emails don’t stop after you take delivery. I took delivery in October.

Ford Bronco Removing these 3 constraints / commodities will improve your Bronco order’s chances of getting scheduled - says Ford FF524A70-D214-4F47-A80B-9C6996685578

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I see what's going on (at least on my end). It looks like they have the packages out of order suddenly today as it seems to go mid, lux, standard, high from left to right now. It was always in order of cost before, so that's strange.

I'm still curious if anyone knows if there's much difference between high and lux in terms of build ability at this point. I'd like to gain the features that come in lux but maybe not enough to cause it to delay my order at this point.
I noticed the same thing. Not sure why that is. I ordered the Lux and it didn’t seem to delay mine. Maybe I just got lucky.
Sponsored