First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I havent followed the 2dr models. Is it true that they're making very few of them because they're all MIC in 2021? The HT is worth waiting for, but a long wait?
It is true. They had to stop making them to fix the QA problem. Once fixed they had to finish all FE's in MY21, then for those who'd already taken delivery of a Hardtop, then for those parked after assembly waiting on the swap, ththththeennnnn, to me builds. So, is not pulled for production up until then we're basically pushed back to MY22 & then reorder on 10/14. The way things are looking, I won't see mine until Oct '23... 🙄😶🤪
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a 2dr order holder. Don't want or need a 4dr - been there, done that (30 years). This is just for me. But, I'm not mad. I'm confused by all the variables involved in when a particular Bronco gets picked for build but I'd guess it's a constantly changing formula. When I do finally get my Bronco - it will be sweet. And then I'll enjoy it as much as the days ahead allow - for sure!
The Hard Top is worth waiting for, I can say. Its a quality top and removes easily. On the 4dr, the two panels fit on edge behind the front seat, overlapping slightly, so long as there's only 2 people. I expect thats also true on 2dr, even though they're longer, they'll still overlap. A big beach towel on one of them, protects both of them from scratching. It's also easy to put panels in the garage for the day, if you're sure of the sunshine. Mine's a 4dr, so I also have the mid-panel, but thats a 2 person job, and i take the mid panel off less often. With the longer front panels on the shorter 2dr, you've got a wonderful vehicle coming. Use all your Zen and enjoy the (6mo?) wait?

SmartSelect_20211203-223738_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20211203-224825_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is true. They had to stop making them to fix the QA problem. Once fixed they had to finish all FE's in MY21, then for those who'd already taken delivery of a Hardtop, then for those parked after assembly waiting on the swap, ththththeennnnn, to me builds. So, is not pulled for production up until then we're basically pushed back to MY22 & then reorder on 10/14. The way things are looking, I won't see mine until Oct '23... 🙄😶🤪
My dealer was very excited when I got lucky last April, with a VIN and a June build date. Finally built July 21, but I waited till Oct 21 to get the top replaced. The uncertainty was the hard part. It was less frustrating in July when they issued the MIC letter, and I managed my own expectations by deciding I'd be fortunate to take delivery by Thanksgiving. So I was thankful to get it "early" on October 21! It sounds like you're managing your own expectations the same way. Perhaps, once the 2021 FE 2dr models are done in January, they can concentrate on the other 2dr models! Maybe you'll get it "early" on Memorial Day!

BsCostanzo1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's your reservation date? Big dealer?
Res date was 6/9/21. I actually cancelled my fist res of 8/2/20 back in January and then signed up again. Dealer is pretty good size. They turned my res into an order back in early October. They told me that they were given enough allocations to cover me??

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds great. I’m not trying to tell you what to get. Just saying you don’t need to criticize someone else’s pick.
It's not that at all. People think compromise's are what you need to do. Ford is encouraging it. Folks are doing it left and right. You have to live with your decision. All I am saying is get what you WANT. Another few months of waiting isn't going to matter in the long run.
Bronco on...

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Res date was 6/9/21. I actually cancelled my fist res of 8/2/20 back in January and then signed up again. Dealer is pretty good size. They turned my res into an order back in early October. They told me that they were given enough allocations to cover me??
That's awesome! I reserved 7/13/20 as soon as the site opened. Hoever, after listening to some advice about new model 1st year woes, I decided to cancel - $100 res fee refunded. Then I jumped back in, on 3/21. Converted to order 7/21 for 2dr, 2.7L/10spd, Blk Dia. Anti-matter Blue. Got pushed to MY22. Attended Off Rodeo in Nev 10/7. Went to dealer 10/14 to get into MY22 Order Bank- changed my order to a Badlands (after witnessing the capabilities at the Bronco OR). Still a 2dr, list the color so, went with Velocity Blue. Feels like with 2dr & MIC issues, it'll be Jun-Aug before I get pulled for build. First ever new car for me, so - I'll wait with excitement. I've test driven 2dr & 4dr, drive Wildtrack (sans disconnect) at OR so, yep, in sticking to it. 👍

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 pin only and no electronic sway control if that makes a difference to you.
It probably doesn't matter with the low 3500lb limit.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only restricted thing I have is the tow hitch. However I received a build date (1/17) and have a vin already.
So I guess that means it’s too late to remove the hitch?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It probably doesn't matter with the low 3500lb limit.
Agreed! 100%. But there are sub 3500lb trailers now with controlled brakes. I’ve optioned it but would have no issues installing a Curt and a 4 pin plug and play adapter like I was planning when I originally was getting a manbasesquatch.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The only restricted thing I have is the tow hitch. However I received a build date (1/17) and have a vin already.
So I guess that means it’s too late to remove the hitch?
I wouldn’t remove it. You are scheduled so you are good. They schedule based on believing they can build it. Being constrained only means limited quantities compared to what is demanded. You get to pass go and collect 200.00! :cool:

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn’t remove it. You are scheduled so you are good. They schedule based on believing they can build it. Being constrained only means limited quantities compared to what is demanded. You get to pass go and collect 200.00! :cool:
Good to know!

now I’m wondering if the 1/17 build date will happen on time. If not I have bronco sport to keep me busy.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good to know!

now I’m wondering if the 1/17 build date will happen on time. If not I have bronco sport to keep me busy.
Well, there is also the chance it could change. Besides the chip shit that is happening, we are having issues now with getting parts nickel plated at our business. So you never know, but they have you in the schedule for now.

I’ve ordered a BS BL as well scheduled for 1/24. We shall see. Good luck to you. My 2 door won’t get scheduled until ‘24 or ‘25 hence the ‘22 BS BL order!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see the first two (ppf and tow) being removed as helping but the top, no way. There isn’t some infinity machine on soft tops.

I’m guilty of switching tops. Between problems with the MIC and constraints I switched. Let's face it there are over 100k Bronco orders still laying out there unfulfilled.