Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contracts work like this: offer + acceptance. The offer is the order summary where all the specific items and costs associated with my custom bronco order are detailed and provided by the dealership. Acceptance is my signature and date. WHile minor fees and tax may not be included in the order summary, those fees are expected and understood to be part of any transaction. $10k dealer markup is not and was not part of that deal.
Threaten taking them to court. Tell them you can easily cost them well over $10K in legal fees out of spite. They’ll cave.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The money is the least of it. Getting into the pigsty and rassling the pig is the real cost. Life is too short.
I understand that many people don’t feel the need to support “the rule of law” … until they need it.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: just got off the phone with Danny the general sales manager who I dealt with yesterday. He agreed to hold the bronco for a few days so that I can discuss with the manager Paul. I updated him on my effort to file a legal complaint and he said once it gets legal it's out of his hands.

I requested multiple times that he take my bronco off their facebook marketplace. He refused and said they already had someone come in last night and offer the 10k adm but they didn't accept it because he didn't want to "piss me off even more".
They’re nervous and escalating it now, or it would have been sold IF that guy was being honest even about that. Keep it up 6G!

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Threaten taking them to court. Tell them you can easily cost them well over $10K in legal fees out of spite. They’ll cave.
Describe in detail the full page add in the local paper and posted on their Facebook page describing your experience … drool on their desk (I find that last bit very effective).

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do like people used to do in the old days.
Get yourself a lawn chair and a big poster telling people that drive by to BEWARE OF THIS DISHONEST DEALER!
Just make sure you stay on the right of way to avoid being trespassed. :poop:

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My build date is in January. Don't think they will but if my dealer pulls any crap I will turn around and walk away. I really want my Bronco but I don't really need it.
Plus the way recent orders are getting built sooner - why not go to another dealer, get a clear agreement and re/order?

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP: start googling Ford regional sales managers/directors in your area. Usually you can get a hit for someone’s LinkedIn profile. I’d think you’ll have more success shaking the tree from higher up.
this sounds like a good idea, but again do these Ford employees have any power over an independent franchise? Koons is the biggest scumbag dealer of DC - incompetent AND slime.

@Smeagolsaur - Ford regional managers, DC and Baltimore:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-r-vigneault-84a4418
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-polifko-92a067b1

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens if you don't like the Bronco and do not want to buy it? Did you obligate yourself to buy your ordered Bronco if the Dealership met all of the agreed-to conditions? Just curious.
2 cents...
From a common sense prospective, if you place a special order, you should have some skin in the game.
Why should a Broker/Dealer be stuck holding the bag because you ordered Pineapple on a Pepperoni and changed your mind ?
I agree you are obligated to purchase and at minimum you should forfeit your deposit for the decision not to purchase.

Sponsored

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a very cynical way to live, but 25 years in technical sales (not auto) has taught me that "everyone lies all the time, especially when it comes to money."
100% untrue statement

Hooker Hood

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco, 1960 Ford f-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date but they are not honoring it. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.
For those who have yet to order. Before I updated my order for 2022, I had the dealership send me a email, and told them they had to say "we will not charge you an ADM". Once they did this, I then updated my order and with the agreed upon price...

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey OP, as a side note, I have found several 2 door CG badlands for sale at MSRP. now I dont know your s0ecific build but I bet you can get another one pretty similar to what you ordered from a different dealer if you need to...

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build date is in January. Don't think they will but if my dealer pulls any crap I will turn around and walk away. I really want my Bronco but I don't really need it.
I exchanged a few emails with my dealer confirming with them that there would be no ADM. just for a little piece of mind. I know that’s not a contract but at least I feel better. Supposed to be taking delivery just before Xmas. My truck’s on the train as I write this.
Sponsored