Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another win for B6G.
I would love to see writeups in the automotive press on how we are banding together to fight unscrupulous dealership practices.
Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike Levine responded to my email and asked for some basic information regarding my order and my contact info. I've heard nothing since then.

Gen sales manager mentioned that Ford can fine them and lower their allocation numbers which suggested to me that Levine might have contacted them. Not totally clear though. His spin on it is that it would only hurt customers because there would be less allocation for them.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bullshit. Hurts customers. Your ADMs are hurting customers you scumbag. I hate how these assholes are trying to twist words to make them look like angels. You have to be an idiot to not see that or roll your eyes when they say shit like that. Especially after pulling that on you.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

The bronco6g community is nothing short of amazing. You have my axe.

Mission accomplished.

Screenshot_20211206-185604_Gallery.jpg
So because he agreed to remove the ADM you now think he's a great guy and didn't do anything wrong? What a douche........ After you sign the paper and get the Bronco put the review back up there and tell the story otherwise he will do the same to others..

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

Mission accomplished.

HUZZAH!

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So because he agreed to remove the ADM you now think he's a great guy and didn't do anything wrong? What a douche........ After you sign the paper and get the Bronco put the review back up there and tell the story otherwise he will do the same to others..
I dont think he is a great guy. I will not do business with them ever again. I'm just happy to get the original deal (and then some) and put this whole episode behind me.

Sponsored

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

f#$% yes! good stuff OP and th ecommunity... Now we know some dealers are worried about backlash. glad you got your rig OP.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if someone is desperate enough to pay that kinda money, who's problem is that? The issue here is a dealer AGREEING to a price, on a CUSTOMERS order in which they waited 500+ days for, and then going back on that and trying to charge $10k over. Dealer want's to try to make some extra money and charge ADM? Cool, but do it on one of their dealer orders, not a customers order.

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are two mutually exclusive scenarios. This is an order fulfiller relationship the other is a free market transaction. In this scenario, the dealer is merely an order fulfiller and represented the order at MSRP.

Vehicles ordered for dealer stock are free market and subject to supply and demand curves, flooring costs, as well as marketing and selling the vehicle. More work = higher price.

With dealer hold backs and incentives they are making about $427 on a Bronco Base two-door and $498 on a Base four-door a first addition acn be upto $2k for a First Edition four-door.

Anecdote: I read somewhere that even at Invoice FoMoCo makes about $7500 on each Bronco.

Last edited:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see writeups in the automotive press on how we are banding together to fight unscrupulous dealership practices.
F Yah

BTW I told my grandma that WTF means Watching The Family, so now she ends all her texts with “WTF, Grandma”

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) spoiled this patient customer's new car moment, and they should fire everyone involved in that - if they are that desperate, they obviously have too many on the payroll for the current times.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reach out the guy on jalopnik.com that wrote the article about my shit show-that is what he normally writes about.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great to hear! sorry it was such a headache, I'm sure that's NOT how you wanted the final stages of this experience to go... but awesome that the power of the people helped David beat Goliath in this case!! Congrats!

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mike Levine responded to my email and asked for some basic information regarding my order and my contact info. I've heard nothing since then.

Gen sales manager mentioned that Ford can fine them and lower their allocation numbers which suggested to me that Levine might have contacted them. Not totally clear though. His spin on it is that it would only hurt customers because there would be less allocation for them.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And they are piling guilt on you. Dirt bags.
Sponsored