Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Red carpet lease? Are you leasing?
I was planning on it, but even their financing option was absurd, so I just walked out.

Also to those asking about the "red carpet leasing" I honestly do not know what that means, I have never heard of it before lol. They claim it is Ford's policy? Pretty sure thats a load of ...
Sponsored

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

or they are hoping u dont buy so they can sell it for even more its shitty but i see dealers have been doing that
that is probably the case, because as soon as I decided to walk out he told me to email him that im not interested anymore. Very strange

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

that is probably the case, because as soon as I decided to walk out he told me to email him that im not interested anymore. Very strange
yup thats what they are doing probably have some one set up willing to pay more ASSHOLE dealer

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was planning on it, but even their financing option was absurd, so I just walked out.

Also to those asking about the "red carpet leasing" I honestly do not know what that means, I have never heard of it before lol. They claim it is Ford's policy? Pretty sure thats a load of ...

What financing are they offering? My dealer offered me 1.89% earlier this month, which was as good as I could find on my own.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife leased a few Fords. The only memory I have of the red carpet program is a discount for returning Ford leasers. The program didnā€™t have upcharges as it was a benefit program. Sounds like the dealer has their own adjusted markup their adding into the msrp of the vehicle raising the lease rate. Ford leasing has nothing to do with that additional price.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like the lease portion is the snag, not an actual ADM, right? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I think the lease APR is based on your credit and a lease payment is otherwise largely determined by your trimā€™s residual value.

I donā€™t get the sense that this is an ADM issue like many here think, and I donā€™t think the dealership should be shammed for this, personally.

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the lease portion is the snag, not an actual ADM, right? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I think the lease APR is based on your credit and a lease payment is otherwise largely determined by your trimā€™s residual value.

I donā€™t get the sense that this is an ADM issue like many here think, and I donā€™t think the dealership should be shammed for this, personally.
Perhaps I came on strong here, but Financing was 4+%, so maybe that is just what rates are these days. As someone looking to lease, I was dissapointed, but Maybe looking at financing it is acceptible for me as I would end up paying far more than I believe it is worth

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps I came on strong here, but Financing was 4+%, so maybe that is just what rates are these days. As someone looking to lease, I was dissapointed, but Maybe looking at financing it is acceptible for me as I would end up paying far more than I believe it is worth

Financing is based on your credit, but 4% is not anywhere close to the going rate for decent credit.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, this clears it up for me. I agree with you that you should walk if the total payments are absurd. Before you do, check with a local credit union, and if youā€™re at all interested in the Bronco, send the dealership an email RIGHT NOW saying that you intend to purchase the vehicle.

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the same sense. Get another rate comparison from somewhere like bank or credit union to buy. Donā€™t walk away yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, this clears it up for me. I agree with you that you should walk if the total payments are absurd. Before you do, check with a local credit union, and if youā€™re at all interested in the Bronco, send the dealership an email RIGHT NOW saying that you intend to purchase the vehicle.
looking into it now! thanks for the advice :)

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, I'd look for financing elsewhere and tell the dealer to hold it for you for an other day. I'd also voice my disappointment (nicely, not throwing a fit) and ask to see that "red carpet" stuff explained in writing by Ford.

Good luck, really sucks how some dealers operate, makes me appreciate mine even more.

Let us know how it goes, be nice but firm and see if they budge.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lease APRs are higher then financing rates

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Red Carpet Leasing is Fordā€™s in-house leasing company. Iā€™ve leased many vehicles with them.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So just to be clear the selling price is not more than MSRP?
Sponsored