First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious of your thoughts? I'm thinking of purchasing this knuckleheads kit. From my understanding the plastic sleeve is simply to fill the gap so the track stays aligned with the teeth at extreme angles.
This little piece of plastic is a simple, ingenious idea IMO and many others agree. It supports the rack and prevents the gears from jumping the rack.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was just a joke for the manual guys. Just busting their balls because they're so emotional when it comes to getting a manual 😂
Your right about us being passionate about our manuals, BUT I also know that for rock crawling and such that an automatic is preferred and that's OK. I understand matching the power train to what your using it for matters too.

For example: racing on a high speed track, a dual clutch auto with manual sifting is fastest... but manuals are still more fun for simple engagement. So if you want the fastest time you go with the PDK, if you want more engagement than records and like to row your gears then it's cool to go manual.

My choice of a manual is based on two things, the fact that my off road driving is limited by my pocket book more than my skill; if there is a higher risk that I can break something I just don't do it and that limits where I'd go more than my skills and experience. And, second because of my SCCA days.

So, a manual is more fun (for me) on the road/hwy and on the type of trails & pre-runner desert driving I would do in it.

If I could afford the cost and were rock crawling, I'd be hard press to not have an auto, but then I could afford a Mustang GT for my manual fix.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh how nice it would be to be able to burn money like that... glad no animals got hurt making that video.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what transmission he has, but I have the 2.7 with the auto and have had my engine stall out while wheeling over an obstacle. I don't know if it was a stall or some sort of protective feature shutting it down, but the engine quit on me at least twice.

I was in Normal mode, 4L, lockers engaged. In automode. I was on trail 21 at Windrock near the end and trying to get over a ledge. The previous trip I had made it up over the same ledge without any issue, didn't break a sweat that time, but I took a dumb line and was having some trouble. Rather than using proper technique, I started putting too much power down and the wheels would spin. After a second or two, the engine would shut off. This happened 3 times.

I should reiterate that I was driving poorly. I also should've been in manual mode and not in auto, that was an oversight on my part. The previous time I rode this section, I did it blind with no issue, but I took a dumb line this time and used dumb technique, but the automatic definitely stalled out two or three times on me in this area. When this happens, the car has to be completely shut off and turned back on again (the engine was stopped, when I say shut off, I mean the electronics)

This and the auto downshift from 2 -> 1 in manual mode is really frustrating, although the 2->1 downshift is far more problematic for me. I don't think folks driving properly would run into this problem with the engine stalling, but then again, I've never been on the trail that he was.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know what transmission he has, but I have the 2.7 with the auto and have had my engine stall out while wheeling over an obstacle. I don't know if it was a stall or some sort of protective feature shutting it down, but the engine quit on me at least twice.

I was in Normal mode, 4L, lockers engaged. In automode. I was on trail 21 at Windrock near the end and trying to get over a ledge. The previous trip I had made it up over the same ledge without any issue, didn't break a sweat that time, but I took a dumb line and was having some trouble. Rather than using proper technique, I started putting too much power down and the wheels would spin. After a second or two, the engine would shut off. This happened 3 times.

I should reiterate that I was driving poorly. I also should've been in manual mode and not in auto, that was an oversight on my part. The previous time I rode this section, I did it blind with no issue, but I took a dumb line this time and used dumb technique, but the automatic definitely stalled out two or three times on me in this area. When this happens, the car has to be completely shut off and turned back on again (the engine was stopped, when I say shut off, I mean the electronics)

This and the auto downshift from 2 -> 1 in manual mode is really frustrating, although the 2->1 downshift is far more problematic for me. I don't think folks driving properly would run into this problem with the engine stalling, but then again, I've never been on the trail that he was.
We're you spinning the tires?
My theory is that the traction controll overtakes the engines power or rotation.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know about a load test, but he did do another video with LiteBrite after his fixes, and he put a lot of pressure on the steering components with no issues.

Of course you have to stomach a LiteBrite clickbait.
I’d watch of video of theirs here and there, until I saw the husband belittling people upset with ADM and calling them “poors” on Facebook.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that's true... Does Ford cover the damage?

I mean, if the engine dies while doing something like this. It's not the owner's fault technically.

What if the engine died while driving on the highway, in the rain or something, and it caused an accident?

Just asking... 🤔
They’ll cover BroncBuster since he has direct ties to Ford Performance. If you’re doing this? Doubtful

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
She should have engaged the auto craw mode and that bronco would have walked up that little hill. Set it for 1 mph and that bronco would have never spun the tires.

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's an invite to the next event if anyone wants to go. I'm sure Tyler will be there so you can ask him about his driving style. https://www.broncosafari.com/WP/

Sponsored

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's an invite to the next event if anyone wants to go. I'm sure Tyler will be there so you can ask him about his driving style. https://www.broncosafari.com/WP/
This is going to be a fun event. Folks should consider attending to have a great time with like minded individuals who are into wheeling their rigs.

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm only an expert on the internet. Looks to me like a MT and too high a gear. Its slowed down and bucked then stalled. Not knocking him, I'm jealous I wasn't there with them.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's because I've done stupid shit and learned from it, that I feel qualified to comment.
Lots of fond memories of making my passengers scream like babies when I would pull stunts with an old beater in highschool. It was a great way to learn how to tell when you were about to lose control, and probably kept me out of some real wrecks later in life.
Sponsored