Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is more content now out there on this system, but still not a bunch...

On 40's
As a side note, looks like RK is running either APG or Fiberwerx fenders. 🔥 Bubba runs ADV, but I believe he is going to switch them out for more room.
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine showed up yesterday. Not sure when I'll get around to installing it but I'll keep you guys informed when I do. I just got the triangulated upper link kit, keeping my ICON lowers.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine showed up yesterday. Not sure when I'll get around to installing it but I'll keep you guys informed when I do. I just got the triangulated upper link kit, keeping my ICON lowers.
Photos! Better not say jeep on the box!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good healthy skepticism here on this system. If you want a long, deep dive on the amount of work Ford put in to the Braptor (and I'm sure similarly on non Raptor Broncos) to give them a fantastic ability both on AND off road give this a read (it's an oldie but a goodie):

https://www.theautopian.com/how-for...usly-hardcore-purpose-built-off-road-monster/

I'm absolutely not saying people can't best Ford OEM via upgrades, happens all the time, but that said, such major mods are not without downsides and ARE NOT engineered nor tested at the level of the OEM.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good healthy skepticism here on this system. If you want a long, deep dive on the amount of work Ford put in to the Braptor (and I'm sure similarly on non Raptor Broncos) to give them a fantastic ability both on AND off road give this a read (it's an oldie but a goodie):

https://www.theautopian.com/how-for...usly-hardcore-purpose-built-off-road-monster/

I'm absolutely not saying people can't best Ford OEM via upgrades, happens all the time, but that said, such major mods are not without downsides and ARE NOT engineered nor tested at the level of the OEM.

Good read, thanks for posting. In a way it does not surprise me as I was/still am a big Fox body guy. Late 80s Ford came out with an EFI 302 that made some stupid torque numbers for a small block. For those that do not know it was 225 hp and 300ft. lbs. of torque. Ford spent huge hours in R&D an intake manifold that would build torque. Yes, other designs would give better hp numbers but then torque would fall off, just look at aftermarket ones, a shorter runner moves the power band up but kills the torque. Longer runners would not build more torque. it was always a trade off. I disappointed many Chevy drivers when I could leave the light a gap them by 2 cars by the top of first gear, well in my case it would be the top of second I had some deep gears in my Stang.

I could go on about many more points and many things they did in the mod motor days with traction control. About how Ford stated if you think you are a good shoe then turn off traction control and see if you can drive it well enough to put up the same number. You need just enough clutch slip and just enough throttle to get the best out of them, just like the Foxes. I won't clog up this thread any more, I tend to ramble on about the subject.

Ford might have some downfalls but when it comes to performance, they are miles ahead of the game. Engine builders have told me many times all things being equal a Ford engine will outperform a similarly built Chevy it is just the way it is. The distributor was in the front for a reason. ;)

Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't these use the same upper mounts that people who offroad are having significant cracking issues?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For what it's worth, those front upper mounts are the beefiest in the entire system. They are welded to the frame rail and also to the cross beam above them. You could probably add a gusset to the mount going up to the cross beam if you felt you needed more.
Don't these use the same upper mounts that people who offroad are having significant cracking issues?
Yes, but only 21's and not all.

https://www.bronco6g.com/psa-check-...co-cracks-on-rear-control-arm-upper-brackets/

20240124_170054.jpg
20240210_123017.jpg
20240212_154443.jpg

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, simply lifting with spacers or collars leads to steering geometry issues and reduced down travel. Using your Bronco to its suspension limits will lead to breakage, it was quite clear at this year's Bronco Safari that these lift solutions fail quickly!
Gotcha, never occurred to me about spacers or collars because I would never use that crap and don’t consider that a “lift” well not the proper way anyways

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone ran their numbers on dive/anti dive on this setup? Just curious... is it lifting under load? Is it lifting when braking? There is more to triangulated four link than axle locating and articulation.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone ran their numbers on dive/anti dive on this setup? Just curious... is it lifting under load? Is it lifting when braking? There is more to triangulated four link than axle locating and articulation.
Nope, zero real information out there. It's up to @Dusty to video everything.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Triangulation itself has no effect on anti squat or anti dive, etc. It’s simply whether the new mounts on the axle are higher or lower than the factory mounts.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Triangulation itself has no effect on anti squat or anti dive, etc. It’s simply whether the new mounts on the axle are higher or lower than the factory mounts.
They moved axle attaching point.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They moved axle attaching point.
Up or down? If up, which seems likely, they would have lowered the instant center and increased anti-squat.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, zero real information out there. It's up to @Dusty to video everything.
This kit was adapted from their kit for the Gladiator, so I’m Wondering if there is more information with how they work on it.
It's interesting how quickly they revised that open bracket design and did it without anyone knowing about it.
My 2021 was in the last build week and came boxed. Glad they fixed it.

Ordered this RK kit today and will be adding it, 5:13 gears, and Ford Performance FDU in a few months. Getting the axle tube welded next week as a precaution until then.
Sponsored