Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A new version of the Early Bronco, with decent off-road capability, removable top and doors ... base priced at the 30k mark? What do I have to complain about? I'll leave the complaining to the lux buyers over trim and trinkets.

Key question for me - can the new Bronco get me out to Moab and replace my (now rusted out) CJ-7 in the photo below? Answer is YES - so I'm good.

RedCJ7_newBronco.jpg
I'm right there with you brother. I'm not complaining a bit. I can take a Base, add Sasquatch and every accessory that comes standard on a Black Diamond plus some and come out to around $38k-$39k. I am a very happy man. I feel sorry for all those folks who "need" all those bells and whistles who are now getting chapped asses because of those "needs". We'll see those folks in mid 2022 having already had our Broncos for over a year lol.
Sponsored

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me it was a reality check.
Back to M7 Big Bend with towing, maybe I can jump a to a BD with no options. (Im a sucker for the Cyber Orange)

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm ok with it. Given the glitches and lagging due to all of us. I'm surprised it didn't crash.

In a couple of weeks I expect it to be much better.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All 2 DR, Velocity Blue builds calculated with Granger $2k below Invoice pricing and Illinois tax.

BaseManSquatch - $38,225, Standard (obviously) Package, headliner, roof rack, advanced 4x4 auto engagement, keyless entry, HD Mod front bumper/bask plates, mesh bimini top, rock rails. 2.3L MT.

Black Diamond - $39,446, Standard Package (no MT availability), headliner, tow package, roof rack, advanced 4x4 auto engagement, mesh bimini top. 2.3L MT.

Badlands - $46,390, Mid Package (available w/ MT), headliner, tow, roof rack, mesh bimini top. 2.3L MT.

For the money, I'm heavily leaning BaseManSquatch, but that MGV keeps tugging at me. Really enjoying the back and forth building these things. Today has been a good day.

Sponsored

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm satisfied. We have the pricing for the options now. Yes, you can and can't add certain items and some of the contingencies seem wonky, but at least you can see the option prices and have something to work from.
For those that were curious regarding the pricing of the automatic transmission, I saw this in the order guide.

10-Speed Automatic Transmission (NOTE: Standard on all 4-Door; Standard on all 2-Door with 2.7L Engine; Standard on 2-Door Advanced 4x4 with 2.3L Engine; Optional on 2-Door Standard 4x4 with 2.3L Engine; With 2.3L Engine – Includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist; With 2.7L Engine – Includes Trail Control, Trail Turn Assist and Trail One-Pedal Driving) Optional

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that but do not know the best balance. I hate to have my DD constantly pulling high RPMs for highway speeds, but know that the 4.7 is better for off road.

Why did you pick the 4.7?
I want 37s

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty satisfied here. Pleasantly surprised I could get 4.27 gears w/rear locker on my Outer Banks for future 33's.
I didnt even think about that. Has there been discussions as to how necessary that is? Does it have any major implication to daily driving / MPGs, compared to 3.73 gears with 33s? Hoping to get 275/75, or 65 i forget/18 @ 33.1" aftermarket. What tire size were you thinking on stock 18s?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is nice to hear honestly.. I do believe that many folks on here just spend what they don't have and that you are in the minority

I don't use my real name so it doesn't bother me to share...

I make $70k, have no kids, and no school debt.
A $50k truck out of pocket STILL seems insane to me.
It is kind of insane. But when something becomes a sort of norm, then it does little good to point out the insanity, when you are living in the insane asylum, lol. With that in mind, I paid 14k for a new car last January. So I choose not to participate in the 60k vehicle thing, and will be going base Bronco. A base Bronco (maybe look for a larger tire swap deal around memorial/labor day), will put you on top of some mountain trail same as the 60k rigs (which might not even leave the pavement anyway).

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am happy with my build. But I fear it is too good to be true, and they will figure out my b&p value/performance hack.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

honestly don’t understand why it took 3+ months to release this. there’s literally no surprises and no where near 200 accessories lol

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stock wildtrak. I already knew what it would cost

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% Good on this. I've got a new toy to play with for the next few weeks.

The new game is who can identify their changes and corrections first?!?!?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didnt even think about that. Has there been discussions as to how necessary that is? Does it have any major implication to daily driving / MPGs, compared to 3.73 gears with 33s? Hoping to get 275/75, or 65 i forget/18 @ 33.1" aftermarket. What tire size were you thinking on stock 18s?
I was thinking about ditching the 18's for 17's down the road, running a 285/70-17.
I like the taller sidewall for airing down for better flotation for beach duty.
3.73's would be fine but I never turn down the chance at lower gearing for more mechanical advantage.
If I spent a lot of time on the freeways I would keep 3.73's but if you do a lot city driving 4.27 would definitely be my choice.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it's working as Ford intended I'm VERY happy with the tool. By that I mean I hope it's not a error that the auto trans is included in the 2.7. On paper the perfect build for me is 2 door Base-Squatch 2.7/10sp in Velocity Blue. Considering it hasn't been updated in the 19 hours since the tool went live I have to believe it's intended. But then again we never know with Fords lack of transparency and reliability on information.

If that's an error I might be forced to stay with the 2.3, but we'll see. This is also why I'm waiting and not reserving. I want to drive the Bronco with both engines to be sure I'll be happy. I plan on keeping this thing at least 10 years so I need to be sure.
Sponsored