First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I never kept anything of value in my wrangler when I left it parked with the top opened and windows down. If I ever did that, it was somewhere were I knew I would be in and out of quickly.

It was also a manual sport model, with very very few bells & whistles.

I do see Jeeps parked with the tops & doors off a lot in the summer time.
Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I lived in Arizona, I ran a Jeep wit no full top for over a year - at most I had a bikini top and doors. But I'd go without doors and only a bikini top for weeks on end.

That thing got parked in a rough part of Tucson on a regular basis (i.e. I lived in the rough part) and various apartment complexes in other parts of Tucson. I never left anything valuable in it (well, I guess I did leave a spare driveshaft and U-joints in it normally) and I never had any troubles.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read something about sensors that detects peeps approaching and setting off an alert when reaching in not invited. Also, there are locking armrest and glove box.
I read something about a proximity alarm as well. Makes my brain jump to the connectivity Ford has with their app and starts me off down a path like the Ring doorbell where you can receive notifications and talk through it. Imagine someone poking their head into your Bronco, your phone notifying you of a perimeter breach and being able to shout through your speakers "Hey back up off the Bronco!" Bonus points if they added a camera. Could be integrated in the screen or sold aftermarket to go along that dashboard accessory rail?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a jeep owner...
- if topless/doorless, donā€™t keep anything of value in the bronco (not even in a locked glove box or plastic center console), tuffy makes under the lockable seat drawers, but storage is minimal for personal items, alarm proximity sensor works great if adjusted correctl
-if running a soft top, keep your doors unlock and nothing of value in the jeep or bronco, trust me youā€™d rather they just open your door than to cut your soft top or window.

i could go on for days as to the tricks/tips I have had in place for my jeep, some purchased and others DIY.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My f150 has an interior proximity/motion alarm and when its triggered, my phone gets an alert. Ex. I had my alarm set one night and a frickin moth must have got locked in the truck and set the thing off.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep (JK) - I never had the doors off, because of the mirror issue, but I didn't keep anything of value inside. No stickers to attract any extra attention. I kept the windows up and sometimes let the empty glove box hang open like turning your pockets inside out to show you're poor, haha.

Mustang convertible - left the windows up when the roof was off and only for short periods of time or in a really secure area.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Don't leave anything you care about in your vehicle.
2. Try to park under well lit areas or populated areas. People are less likely to break in if they feel they can be easily seen.

Has anyone thought about this... if you own the four door and store the doors in the back... what is to stop some shmuck from walking by and pulling the doors out of the back and running off with them... albeit at a slow speed I'm sure.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Nothing says, "If you look in here you might find a gun" like an NRA sticker.
Or ā€œ follow me home and wait till I leave again and break into my houseā€ Gun stickers on a car are bad idea.

I am hoping thereā€™s a lock box for the Bronco for behind the rear seat or something. There are times when I wonā€™t be able to take everything out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Haven't locked the doors on either of my cars in over a decade. No matter where I park it. Windows are only up when driving in the rain otherwise they live safely in the door.

Of course, usually people recognize that they probably can't even figure out how to start a classic car, let alone steal it. They can have all the Harbor Freight tools they want out of the trunk... If they can pick the lock to the trunk, since remote trunk openers hadn't been invented yet.

Swing away steering wheel on the T-bird throws people off, and the '51 has a starter button with 3-on-the-tree.

Will be curious to see what happens with the Bronco, since I don't plan on having the rear clamshell on very often. Doors will be weekdays only.

20170510_174442.jpg
I have a friend whoā€™s home was broken into for food after Hurricane Katrina. Whoever broke in noticed the Porsche keys on the hook. They found the keys in the passenger floor well of the car. The would be thief did not realize Porsche ignition switches are on the dash to the left of the steering column.

TacoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma DCLB + 2015 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a jeep owner...
- if topless/doorless, donā€™t keep anything of value in the bronco (not even in a locked glove box or plastic center console), tuffy makes under the lockable seat drawers, but storage is minimal for personal items, alarm proximity sensor works great if adjusted correctl
-if running a soft top, keep your doors unlock and nothing of value in the jeep or bronco, trust me youā€™d rather they just open your door than to cut your soft top or window.

i could go on for days as to the tricks/tips I have had in place for my jeep, some purchased and others DIY.
This is 100% accurate. NEVER lock your doors with a soft top. I did this one time and one time only at the Memphis airport in my '99 Wrangler TJ and I returned to a knifed up top; every window.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an old convertible but at least it has a locking trunk, even then I dont really leave anything valuable in it.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I lived in Arizona, I ran a Jeep wit no full top for over a year - at most I had a bikini top and doors. But I'd go without doors and only a bikini top for weeks on end.

That thing got parked in a rough part of Tucson on a regular basis (i.e. I lived in the rough part) and various apartment complexes in other parts of Tucson. I never left anything valuable in it (well, I guess I did leave a spare driveshaft and U-joints in it normally) and I never had any troubles.
Ha! I spent one night in Tucson about 5 years ago (rough part, was visiting friends)and someone broke into my old explorer. Stole at least $300 worth of stuff. iPod touch, ray bans, Kershaw knife, backpack with a medical kit and a few other survival things. I was so damn mad.

I donā€™t leave anything in my vehicle like that anymore to be sure.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone thought about this... if you own the four door and store the doors in the back... what is to stop some shmuck from walking by and pulling the doors out of the back and running off with them... albeit at a slow speed I'm sure.
I have the same concern. Someone here a while back told me that there are tie down hooks in the back. There might be a way to lock them down with cables. I'm also hoping that if we get an aftermarket rear "trunk" that it can fit the two front doors in it on their side.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If its not too warm i use one of these they work real good ,just dont leave anything inside of value . I also use the removable steering wheel.
Screenshot_20191101-065838_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored