First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t know about the new security systems but on my old ‘95 and my convertible mustang. If you lock the doors with the fob, even with windows or top down, and you reach through the window to open the door or hit the unlock button on the door panel it will start alarming. Granted, if you have no doors or roof then electronic parking brake and lockable consoles are safest bet
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to get something like this, but even more low profile to keep gear in. Low enough that you can still throw stuff in the trunk on top of it and it be below the belt line.
go9v0tsnrfofs7u2ab3e.jpg
I have a custom enclosure behind where the rear seat goes in my wrangler and I rhino-lined it for waterproofing. Stores my tool bag, winch remote, battery jumper and few other items. Can only access from the tailgate and is anchored down to the tub using stock hooks. But I will say, it's a pain lifting my 75lb dog up onto it so he can ride with (as its a 2-door and I keep the rear seat removed just for him).

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I want them to take advantage of the 4 inch space in the back to have a lockable drawer so you would need to open the back to open the drawer. The drawer could also be used as a shelf. Just like the ARB. :)

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anything can be put in the center console/glove box that locks, I don't live in a city, and when I go into a "big" city it's city full of old Mormon rich people, the only place I ever make sure my vehicle is locked up is when I go to Vegas

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Nothing says, "If you look in here you might find a gun" like an NRA sticker.
If someone used my nra sticker as an invitation to look through my truck all they will find is my body armor, gun leaves the truck when I do.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These work well for cash,
Ford Bronco Roof off security Screenshot_20200806-122458_Chrome
keys

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious for those that have jeeps that park with the roof/doors off... I've had convertibles but always parked with the roof up because I'm likely overly cautious. For instance going to dinner at a restaurant (before the apocalypse) and put the roof up and windows up. Just not wanting to give some idiot the idea to quickly get in and search the car or... be a total d!ck and throw trash in it. I've been to NFL games where someone wanted to show off there nice convertible only to have beer cans thrown in it. Let's face it... there are idiots on this planet.

With the Bronco I was wondering if there will be any type of secure storage available like a lock box I had for my Tundra. Granted... that was much larger and huge center console plus it wasn't a convertible nor could I take the doors off...but I think you understand where I'm coming from.

Driving with the roof off doors on is likely going to attract less attention. Doors off/roof off likely not the case parked in a lot going to dinner for a few hours.

Wondering if I'm just being overly cautious or not.

I had my Tacoma broken into and rummaged through. Not a pleasant experience.

Thanks,
Scott
There should be. Factory options and aftermarket products should be available, but the factory options may depend on the trim.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Funny you say that because back when I lived in San Francisco, you’d often see more people than not driving stick. But generally, yep I agree with you.

When I used to park my 4runner in the mission w/ the hardtop off, I would sometimes find it moved forward a few meters because someone threw it in neutral and wanted to play games. Also couldn’t tell you the number of less financially fortunate people I found sleeping in the bed - no harm no foul though.

I guess you can say I’m philanthropic and give back to the community w/ my rigs eh?:geek:
As a current SF resident, this speaks to me on a personal level. Haha

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Drive a base manual trans and put those fake bullet hole and rust spot stickers here and there, drive it through some mud and leave it dirty.

Put on some old faded and worn saddle blanket seat covers and make it look just this side of already abandoned.

All reversible and should decrease temptation!

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone used my nra sticker as an invitation to look through my truck all they will find is my body armor, gun leaves the truck when I do.
As it should be but I'd rather someone walk on by rather than "check" just in case.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just think, it isn't until you get to the Lux package that you actually can do away with your garage door opener and have it built into the Bronco. Where you keeping your remote with your doors and top off?

OP
OP
bowhun2r

bowhun2r

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 STi/18 4Runner/19 GX-460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just think, it isn't until you get to the Lux package that you actually can do away with your garage door opener and have it built into the Bronco. Where you keeping your remote with your doors and top off?
Lol. Maybe it’s me... I need/want the built in home link. I had that on our 2014 4Runner and it should be at least on the mid package. Definitely the high package and nonsense for the lux package!

this made me laugh and for that sir...a virtual beer for you!

side note... I appreciate all the cool ideas and pics of the aftermarket solutions available for the jeeps and the ideas of how to deal with my original question. I was hesitant to post this question and glad I did.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So with the doors off and manual trans someone could just come and put down brake and shift to neutral? Or does it lock the shifter somehow when the key is not in ignition?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could just get a keypad for garage door so you can open it no matter what car you are in. I had to do this with my Vette since their homelink was garbage and didn’t work with any new garages
Sponsored