Sponsored

Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors

OP
OP
Big L 65

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was it the dealer who lives in our town but his dealership is in another? without saying names, I think I might believe him
it is but the whole thing sounds like Bs . Well just have to wait and see I guess

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Guys and Girls, I have received information from a dealer out by me in Long Island NY .The Sales manager said people who wait until MY22 will the option for the bigger V6 ecoboost and two more colors to the line up. (army green,Grabber Yellow ). Now Ive been on this forum regularly and been following Bronco Nation I have not heard a damn thing about this. If anybody heard anything like this please share.

PS my reservation is not with this Dealership. Was there my buddy was pickIng up a pre-own Fusion

Sponsored

pdonoh

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2015 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Guys and Girls, I have received information from a dealer out by me in Long Island NY .The Sales manager said people who wait until MY22 will the option for the bigger V6 ecoboost and two more colors to the line up. (army green,Grabber Yellow ). Now Ive been on this forum regularly and been following Bronco Nation I have not heard a damn thing about this. If anybody heard anything like this please share.

PS my reservation is not with this Dealership. Was there my buddy was pickIng up a pre-own Fusion
Dealers are not "in" Long Island, they are "on" Long Island. I don't believe anything else is accurate in this post.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I call major BS for the 3.0. However, if (big if) the option was available, I'd take it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whole thing sounds like bs but what if?

Reactions: abe

T Neil

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover, LR3 HSE, 2011 BMW 335IS, KTM SAS 1290
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Could be true...but. The 3.0L Ecoboost is an aluminum block...the 2.7L is a compacted graphite iron block (AKA Diesel engine block material). I know that for a small block engine with twin boost I want the compacted graphite block..

In addition, the 2.7L has direct and port injection which resolves the issue with direct injection engines fouling the intake valves. The 3.0L has only Direct injection.

However, in specific application the 3.0L is pushed significantly higher in house power.

Overall, my choice would be the 2.7L

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lies so many lies😂

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wishful thinking, but if it happens being just barely a MY22 I won't be mad at them one bit.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Picture jokes aside the Bronco “JWK” is coming 😉. Individuals in The Know with Ford shared this tidbit with me last week but wouldn’t elaborate, job security and all. Exactly what it is is up for discussion but they say it will be amazing! May be a 2022 or 2023. I’ll still take delivery of my First Edition and have fun with it while eagerly awaiting future iterations.
Ford Bronco Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors 385FE593-0188-476A-9B99-4C702E960F74

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 3.0L is the same block as the 2.7L. Externally, they are the same dimensions. Just the bore and stroke internally is different.

That being said, if it were available outside of the the Warthog, I'd be all over it. I'm not holding my breath tho.
I guess the 3.0 EcoBoost is based on the 2.7 block, except the 3.0 is cast aluminum vs the compacted-graphite iron for the 2.7, based on this article. It appears 2.7 was designed for more heavy duty or truck applications vs the 3.0, which powers the current Lincoln line up.

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-...rd-ecoboost-family/ford-3-0l-ecoboost-engine/

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to the "no way" group. As in, no way Ford is going to slot a motor between the current V6 upgrade and the Warthog engine. So, either the 3.0 is the Warthog engine, or it's not coming. The 2.7 is the upgrade for the regular Bronco. When the Bronco starts selling in more F150-like numbers, they'll look at another engine option. 😄
Sponsored