Sponsored

Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is actually the Bronco i as hoping we would get. if this big bronco came out first, i'd probably be more excited about it.

I am trying to get the Bronco to be the family hauler, and deep down know that it probably wont get the job done, or will be too much of a compromise. If this were to come out down the road, i would consider trading in....although spending mid 50k on the current Bronco is starting to push my limits as to what i would pay for a Ford. If the big boy bronco like the photo above is in the mid 60s range, i would very much look elsewhere. and it would be hard to convince myself to book a loss on my current bronco and trade into something like the photo above. I would effectively be paying 25k+ to get an extra foot of cargo.

The most likely situation is if the current bronco falls short, i keep it, and swap out my second car for a VW Atlas lease (which ive heard great things about)
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally don't see a market for it. I think they would probably be better off making a Raptor version of the Expedition.
If it is built for a big off roader, with a front solid axle, i agree. It the chassis was as on-road friendly as the current bronco - i could see a market. This is a cool alternative to an Explorer. I feel like a lot of people, including myself, are shoe-horning ourselves into the current 4 door bronco and are 'trying to make it work' simply because that's the only packaging offered.

Reactions: Ksm

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
GM sells twice as many Suburbans and Yukons as Ford sells Expeditions. There really is no excuse for that. Demand for large SUVs is out there, Ford would just have to figure out a way to add a fullsize Bronco to their lineup without cannibalizing Expedition sales. Maybe drop the Expedition, make the Explorer a little bigger and design a fullsize four door, 3 row Bronco.

My dream truck would be a Bronco based on the Super Duty platform, with a big gas V8, 3 rows of seating, and that sky roof like in that render. Basically just a modern version of the Excursion.

Reactions: Ksm

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I personally don't see a market for it. I think they would probably be better off making a Raptor version of the Expedition.
I think if they wanted to go the full size route the parts/idea is already out there.
They can make the Tremor Package an option on the Expedition.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trust me, I know. But they can't keep expeditions on the lot, and those start in the mid 50's. I'm sure there is a market for them.. just a matter of how much profit they can make. Return on investment etc etc.
I was so close purchasing a new King Ranch Expedition. The only thing that made me wait was the new Bronco. So glad I waited. I’ll get the Expedition down the road after mid cycle refresh. Unless, they roll out a Raptor based two door Bronco!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As long as the compact and midsize do well, and gas doesn’t hit $5 again we will see a full size. Many more Broncos to come, EV/hybrid, truck, warthog, and full size.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it is built for a big off roader, with a front solid axle, i agree. It the chassis was as on-road friendly as the current bronco - i could see a market. This is a cool alternative to an Explorer. I feel like a lot of people, including myself, are shoe-horning ourselves into the current 4 door bronco and are 'trying to make it work' simply because that's the only packaging offered.
I guess I can see that.

GM sells twice as many Suburbans and Yukons as Ford sells Expeditions. There really is no excuse for that. Demand for large SUVs is out there, Ford would just have to figure out a way to add a fullsize Bronco to their lineup without cannibalizing Expedition sales. Maybe drop the Expedition, make the Explorer a little bigger and design a fullsize four door, 3 row Bronco.

My dream truck would be a Bronco based on the Super Duty platform, with a big gas V8, 3 rows of seating, and that sky roof like in that render. Basically just a modern version of the Excursion.
Demand for big SUVs is there 100%, but is there demand for big offroad SUVs is the question? I don't think there is anyway Ford drops the Expedition. they can't keep them on the lot and it allows them to sell the navigator which basically prints money for them. Expedition will stick around

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A full sized Bronco and the Sport can serve as bookends for a complete series of Broncos.

Sponsored

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont see the need for a 3 row Bronco. But give me a 2 door Bronco built off a F150 regular cab short bed frame with a 5.0 and I'll pay anything.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Expedition has been a mommy mobile ever since it lost its rear axle. It’s like comparing the Bronco to the Explorer.

Bring out an actual SUV with a V8, open top, at least one solid axle and I’m game.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont see the need for a 3 row Bronco. But give me a 2 door Bronco built off a F150 regular cab short bed frame with a 5.0 and I'll pay anything.
Right there with you. No kids at home any more, no need for three rows, but, a two door full size, yes! This would make me leave an Expedition on the dealers lot.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe they should just drop the Expedition and the Explorer entirely and replace all their SUVs with different versions of the Bronco.

Add a 2 door and 4 door based off the F150, add a high performance Raptor version, then make a Bronco XL based off the Super Duty.

Broncos for everyone!

The "Bronco" brandname is a money-maker. "Expedition"? Meh.

Ford needs to find a way to cut into that market share of all those Yukons and Tahoes and Suburbans everywhere.
Sponsored