Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say keep it and make a family trip out somewhere where you can use is it to it's full potential. Take the family on camping road trip out west or something.

Life is about enabling yourself to do things. Not limiting yourself...
hey thanks!! That’s a great pov and advice!! I tend to think of ‘off roading’ as rock crawling etc and hadnt really considered something like camping!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do not use 4H on pavement driving around town

Does your Bronco not even have mid package? Intelligent Access is the feature you want as stated in your post. Did you spend 57k for a Bronco that doesn't even have the mid package?
yea, I meant the 4A - Auto. for pavement around town, not 4H.
it’s the Advanced package.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands has the Bilstein shocks on it and they are much smoother riding than a Black Diamond on Hitachi's. You did get the heaviest Bronco though, so gas mileage won't be the best. My vote is for you to keep it and the soft top. If I lived in Florida I'd have the top open and parked on the beach every chance I could.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sell it and buy a pickup. A nice pickup will suit your needs better as a daily driver given the parameters you specified in your original post.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yea, I meant the 4A - Auto. for pavement around town, not 4H.
it’s the Advanced package.
I'm talking about Standard, Mid, High, Lux packages

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something, something, bird in hand vs some bush, etc...
MOST "lifestyle" vehicles like sports cars, offroaders, ect are not used to even a small fraction of their potential. That doesn't stop anyone from enjoying them and it shouldn't stop you.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My family insist I buy a cell phone that I will not use 99% of its capability. I wanted a Bronco. I went through the build and price page a thousand times. I never had a desire to crawl over boulders. I built and ordered a Bronco that had the options I WANTED. I wanted MGV. I wanted the High option at a minimum. The numbers and wants concluded A Bad Lands was the way to go. I attended a Bronco Off rodeo to see if I was missing something as it pertains to crawling over boulders. I still don’t get the attraction. My BL will spend the majority of its off road life on the beaches of the east coast as I partake in surf fishing adventures. Are the features found standard in the BL required to achieve this? Nope. However, I have the Bronco I wanted. Better to have “ more” than not enough. BTW, my son added another reason to own the BL. “ It has the best name of them all”. Can’t argue that. Keep the BL.

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever do find yourself in a situation, it's better to have and not need, than need and not have.

Came into an incident a few years back where my old man separated his bicept from the bone. The vehicle we brought was manual. Luckily, I knew how to drive manual and got him from the woods to the hospital.

Knowing how to drive a manual adds to your bag of tricks, much like those additional bells and whistles. But, with badlands, all those bells and whistles are under warranty as well.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Badlands will hold it's value better than the Black Diamond, if that's part of your consideration (especially if you're not offroading it). I would say drive in 4A all the time (I do). The Badlands is a nicer, more eye pleasing ride IMO, and if anyone gives you crap e.g. "mall crawler", there's plenty of lakes to jump in there in Florida.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan on wheeling mine harder than most, and I doubt I will use the front locker more than a handful of times. You really have to know what you're doing in order to not get into a position that will flop the rig, and also there aren't a ton of situations where it is truly needed when spotting, stacking, or driving won't get it done. The rear locker will get 95%+ of stuff done.

I wouldn't worry too much about having stuff you might not need on it, it will help resale later on when you do sell.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brother, you got a nice new truck. Whether you take it on safari or not, it's yours. Drive it. Enjoy it. Get your use out of it whatever that may be. There's no wrong answer here.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm talking about Standard, Mid, High, Lux packages

oh I see..yea, I wasnt crazy familiar with the packages. I’ll double check the paperwork when I get home but it’s the standard package cuz it doesn’t have blind spot monitoring or dual zone AC

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands has the Bilstein shocks on it and they are much smoother riding than a Black Diamond on Hitachi's. You did get the heaviest Bronco though, so gas mileage won't be the best. My vote is for you to keep it and the soft top. If I lived in Florida I'd have the top open and parked on the beach every chance I could.
Ah ok that’s Great..I assumed that the tires would make the bulk Diamond more road comfortable! Thanks!

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Badlands will hold it's value better than the Black Diamond, if that's part of your consideration (especially if you're not offroading it). I would say drive in 4A all the time (I do). The Badlands is a nicer, more eye pleasing ride IMO, and if anyone gives you crap e.g. "mall crawler", there's plenty of lakes to jump in there in Florida.
😀 thanks!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ok that’s Great..I assumed that the tires would make the bulk Diamond more road comfortable! Thanks!
If you think your Bronco is riding rough I suggest you drop the air pressure in your tires. 39psi is way too high IMO. Try 32psi and see how she feels.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.