First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm Ok. I will say this. Get what you want and be happy. I wanted to get a Bronco that was equivalent to what my Harley Davidson F150 had. I also wanted something that could go off road when our group venture's out to the off road parks, or the makeshift dirt road mud trails. I live in Miami. Miami mind you. I want you to take a long hard look at my RIG.

Ford Bronco Seconds thoughts (remorse) about my Badlands 1687545884199

Ford Bronco Seconds thoughts (remorse) about my Badlands 1687545912283

Do you honestly believe, along with anyone on this forum that S. FL will offer anything for this RIG that it could not do??? Yes, i may have gone a bit overboard with modding, but it's what I enjoy doing.

When I do off-road, I am not worried at all. For when I go to Aventura mall, well no parking curb will stop me!!! The point is I truly do not care what people may perceive about my Bronco. It's a Badlands, it has way more than I will probably ever use. My MPG is not the greatest, around 14.5 in the city. But guess what. It had all of the things I wanted in the LUX package, everything my F150 had, and it fits into garages and parking spaces. BONUS!

Do you. Do not worry if you have too much. If you get another 2.7 you will save what? 1~3 mpg at best? If you get a 2.3 you have wished you kept the 2.7. In the end, YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR RIG.

So do what makes you happy. I'm happy every time I jump in any of my vehicles. Because they are what I wanted, and have what I wanted to mod them with.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to say but i think you got shafted paying that much for a used Badlands, esp since that wasnt what you needed. I have a '23 black diamond in area 51 with the mid package (includes remote start and other bells/whistles) with the washout floor and marine grade vinyl seats etc.
I waited a year for it and paid $44K out the door -- i dont think you can go wrong if you go BD. I love mine and like you am relatively new to off roading. I've attended the Bronco Off Roadeo and learned alot about what the car is capable of , and moreso what I might be capable of. Initially thought i wouldnt do much rock crawling but man is it exciting even for the few times i have gone out locally here in NH. Mine is hard top but looking to go soft top once they figure out how to make one that lays flat in the back once retracted. The 32' steelies and rubber that comes with the BD are awesome - they do the job on rough terrain and are very well mannered on the highway, which is still where i spend most of the time. good luck with your decisions either way!
Yea I just hadnā€™t come across a Blk Diamond with low mileage so I got impatient..for what itā€™s worth, the dealer didnā€™t lower the asking price any further than 56k but instead we negotiated on the trade in value..so I got the highest possible value that anyone else had offered on my trade in. Essentially at the end it came out to exactly $5,500 extra for the badlands vs a comparable mileage Blk Diamond. Reading a couple of responses here basically sounds Like Iā€™d lose that much just on paying taxes on the sale and the repurchase..

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For someone who is also purchasing a Badlands for the looks, I second this! Especially if youre in Florida. Im in Miami and the markups over here are insane which is why I am purchasing a high pack baddie from North Dakota at MSRP! Just waiting on the call!
Yea, Iā€™m in Jax and there was only one or two badlands resales from local dealerships..and they were automatic transmission. They were asking about $58k for them. So youā€™d be for selling it and looking out for a lower trim with a higher package?

Reactions: alx

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manuals have the lowest demand. Mullinax Ford in Florida and a few other dealers (Jarret) had new manual Black Diamonds and Badlands at MSRP for weeks and they didn't sell - compared to Broncos that fly off lots here in Florida.

Given the crazy FL dealer fees... downgrading will net you almost zero I think. If you are looking to save money... I don't think it will happen. If you are simply looking to downsize to a lesser vehicle... sure I guess.
Depends on how many doors. A 2-door manual should be pretty darn easy to sell, and hold it's value. A 4-door manual might not be as popular though, that is true.

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i would feel the same if I had spent ~60k on a bronco.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, you will forget all about the extra goodies you thought you over-bought that first time you are stuck, and you hit the button for the front dif-lock and walk right out.šŸ„°

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. iā€™m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, Iā€™m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Hereā€™s some background info: I donā€™t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. Iā€™ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasnā€™t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I donā€™t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I donā€™t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ā€˜rightā€™ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless Iā€™m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also donā€™t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6ā€“7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Wonā€™t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entryā€¦.without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if itā€™s even worth having and paying for if youā€™ll never use it.

Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
I say if you really like the Bronco you bought to keep it. I have a Base Model and love it, you could get a Base and save a few dollars and make it your own and will do everything you need.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm concerned with transaction costs, taxes, etc., if you change vehicles, you are going to end up in a less valuable vehicle and not really save anything with selling the old one, buying the new one... If you could re do this, you might have wanted to end up in a base, big bend or OBX since you won't do much off-roading. But given you already own what you have, you might be better off to keep it. Hard to tell about values, but you might sell it a few years down the road for a good price since you have an extremely capable vehicle that won't have been abused.

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. Cars are not financial investments. Trying to figure out when to sell, trade, downgrade, upgrade,etc is pointless. Trade in value is great but thatā€˜s not why you bought the Bronco.

2. $ is important but I guarantee you bought the Bronco for fun and happiness... not a financial benefit. If you really need the $, then trade down. If not, just keep it and enjoy it.

The more time you spend on trying to convince yourself if this is a good decision or bad, you waste time just enjoying the ride.

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m not sure why you are dialed in on the Black Diamondā€¦it is everything you said in OP that you donā€™t wantā€¦rear locker, full underbody steel skid plates, rocker protection bars. My point is, you may have pulled the trigger early on your Badlands, but you still donā€™t REALLY know what you want. You have a bad ass Bronco in the stableā€¦enjoy the heck out of it or do some soul searching and really dig in and figure out what checks all your boxes. But donā€™t do a costly swap before you are zeroed in on what you really want/need.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are in a good spot, you own it outright...no payments. Hmm, standard...check...color...check...Bronco...check

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hey thanks!! Thatā€™s a great pov and advice!! I tend to think of ā€˜off roadingā€™ as rock crawling etc and hadnt really considered something like camping!
So many things you can do that arent technically rock crawling. Me and the gf took mine on a road trip to big bend and slept in it for two days. amazing time.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not sure why you are dialed in on the Black Diamondā€¦it is everything you said in OP that you donā€™t wantā€¦rear locker, full underbody steel skid plates, rocker protection bars. My point is, you may have pulled the trigger early on your Badlands, but you still donā€™t REALLY know what you want. You have a bad ass Bronco in the stableā€¦enjoy the heck out of it or do some soul searching and really dig in and figure out what checks all your boxes. But donā€™t do a costly swap before you are zeroed in on what you really want/need.
Makes perfect sense, thanks!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.