Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a feeling things were not going to go well with my Bronco order. So in preparation, I just signed up for the $100 Tread Lightly.

But for those who may not know, it offers more than Jeeps 1% under invoice...

These are just some key points..

Up-to $100 Discount Tire rebate
20% off Outdoor4x4 subscription
20% off Shear Comfort Seat covers
Affliate Rewards Preferred Price
BFG Tire Rebate
Save $15 off $100 or more at Overlander.com OR save $50 off $465 or more at Overlander.com

I'm not trying to pimp this out, but just passing along information in case others have found themselves in a bind due to the latest Bronco news as well.

Since you can basically buy a new Jeep cheaper than a used one (unless you go old), it may make for a good holdover vehicle And at the discount, your chances of reselling and not taking a large hit get better.
Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a feeling things were not going to go well with my Bronco order. So in preparation, I just signed up for the $100 Tread Lightly.

BFG Tire Rebate
Save $15 off $100 or more at Overlander.com OR save $50 off $465 or more at Overlander.com

I'm not trying to pimp this out, but just passing along information in case others have found themselves in a bind due to the latest Bronco news as well.

Since you can basically buy a new Jeep cheaper than a used one (unless you go old), it may make for a good holdover vehicle And at the discount, your chances of reselling and not taking a large hit get better.
Yep, I did this. Just remember to sign up a month before you are going to buy your Jeep. (I think the control number becomes valid 30 days after you sign up).

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess this is good if you want to buy local. Wasnā€™t Chapman offering 8% under invoice?

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess this is good if you want to buy local. Wasnā€™t Chapman offering 8% under invoice?
There are a few dealerships that do several % under invoice, but from what Iā€™ve read, they usually are including the tread lightly. YMMV

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They do 5% under plus the 1% under from Tread Lightly

There are a few that do 8%, usually that means 6% under plus 1% from tread lightly and 1% for financing through them.

I ordered through CDJR Mall of Georgia who do 5% under plus 1% for tread lightly plus 1% if you finance less than $25k though them.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol... Maybe I should have mentioned I'm in California, so you're lucky if you can even get under MSRP.

I probably would have gone with the Chapman but being completely on the other side of the country, pretty much that extra profit would get eaten up in either travel or shipping.

But all of you are correct, the tread lightly many times get you an extra 1% off whatever deal they offer.

And from what I've been able to determine, many of the dealers that normally offer the under invoice deals are not really doing them right now because of the shortages. Even the guy in Southern California that is known for doing like 5% under invoice is only doing the one or two right now.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BFG Tire Rebate

Ford Bronco So I signed up for Tread Lightly for potential Jeep purchase BOOOOO!

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
:(To my dismay on the Bronco. I will keep my orders in. Needing something for the next 2 years while this Bronco debacle continues. I am with this group of potential Jeep buyers and have researched discounts. It is true about the Thread Lightly. Not all Jeep dealers are a part of that program. It does appear Chapman offers a good discount as well as Motor Inn in Spirit Lake Ia. I am currently working with Granger Motors and they seem to have a handle on ordering and selling Jeep products at fair prices.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

:(To my dismay on the Bronco. I will keep my orders in. Needing something for the next 2 years while this Bronco debacle continues. I am with this group of potential Jeep buyers and have researched discounts. It is true about the Thread Lightly. Not all Jeep dealers are a part of that program. It does appear Chapman offers a good discount as well as Motor Inn in Spirit Lake Ia. I am currently working with Granger Motors and they seem to have a handle on ordering and selling Jeep products at fair prices.
Given the news, Jeep should take advantage and offer a discount to 2021 Bronco order holders...

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

BFG Tire Rebate

Actually, with the sad news about MIC delays going into October, I too was thinking about a Jeep, especially with them offering one of my favorite shade of green! Originally, I was in the market for a Jeep Gladiator (doors/top off fun) and researched Tread Lightly and all of the dealers offering below sticker when Bronco announced their build. I obviously would rather have a Bronco over a Gladiator, but waiting is going to be the killer, especially since I think my Bronco was built around 08/05. But I just read a previous post on this thread about Granger selling Jeeps, which I totally forgot about! My order is through Granger. Oh well, just a thought....I'm sure I'll wait it out like everyone else!! Good luck to all and my fingers crossed that Ford will come up with a better plan!

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given the news, Jeep should take advantage and offer a discount to 2021 Bronco order holders...
They really should. I can't help but laugh. I really want a vehicle to drive right now. If I was just waiting on a Bronco, I could say screw it and go buy a Jeep. Ford really has me by the stuff though. I acquired my Bronco, which promptly broke and has been captive at the dealer for three weeks now. I can't even cancel and buy a Jeep:ROFLMAO: I am hopeful I will get back in time for some nice fall weather though.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly my plan (still contemplating it though) is to buy a Wrangler at a discount so that when my WT finally comes in I can decide. If I fell in love with the jeep, I'll keep it, if I still want the Bronco, and I can sell the jeep and recover most of the cost, I can do that.

My only fear is that I buy a wrangler for say 50k, and then find out I would have to take a 10k hit to sell it...no bueno!

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As previously mentioned, Mall of Georgia Jeep you can get up to 6% under invoice. Thereā€™s also a place outside nashville- canā€™t remember the name off hand, thatā€™s up to 8%.

A lot of good options out there to get a good deal on a jeep.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly my plan (still contemplating it though) is to buy a Wrangler at a discount so that when my WT finally comes in I can decide. If I fell in love with the jeep, I'll keep it, if I still want the Bronco, and I can sell the jeep and recover most of the cost, I can do that.

My only fear is that I buy a wrangler for say 50k, and then find out I would have to take a 10k hit to sell it...no bueno!
I doubt youā€™d have that issue. My Jeep is a 2018 and bought it for 46k. KBB says I could sell it for 43k to a private party. You could basically only pay a couple grand more for a new Bronco a few years down the line and have something to enjoy while you wait. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored