Sponsored

So Kansas f150 is shut down and Dearborn is on limited builds with chip shortage?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You guys really need to understand the
F-150 is their bread and butter. It’s their largest profit margin vehicle. Don’t think for a second this won’t effect bronco production. It’s costing them millions of dollars a day to be shut down. With the success of the bronco selling out pretty much for the first two years, they’ll have no choice but to reduce production again and shift focus to the F-150. I’d say a lot of people need to be prepared to be shifted to 2022 MY.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is sad that Ford and other auto makers are in this situation.
I am sure that global demand is high and competitive.
I cannot help but think things may not be as bad if we had more onshore production but that is an entirely different conversation that encompasses a host of products.
This situation would absolutely NOT be this bad if our government wasn't encouraging corporations to ship our jobs overseas. It should be stated for the record that when Trump was President, Ford cancelled a factory they were building in Mexico... and as soon as Biden came to power, announced they were moving production back to Mexico again.

Chinese Companies Stockpile Chips for Autos, Exacerbating Global Chip Shortage

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chine...xacerbating-global-chip-shortage_3774860.html

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gets back to the margins question. I doubt a fleet 150 could match an MSRP Bronco. Volume is no comparison as you mention. Fleets might even be able to handle a delay better since most new trucks are replacing those aging. They simply use the older vehicle a little longer. The competition is in the same boat, so there is likely not a huge potential for defection. It's an interesting situation for sure.
That's a risky move IMO. You can't always just wait, either the vehicles need to be replaced ASAP, or funding needs to spent ASAP. (Not always the case... but the risk is there)

It would be a pretty big loss to Ford if a lot of fleets suddenly started switching to Chevy or Dodge... and kept purchasing those vehicles in the future.

LowDime

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 yukon, 06 cts-v
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i work as a fleet coordinator and we use GM half ton trucks. They are not available currently either. The local dealer that we use has about 30 trucks total in their inventory and 25 of them are mine they are flooring for me for a couple months......

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys really need to understand the
F-150 is their bread and butter. It’s their largest profit margin vehicle. Don’t think for a second this won’t effect bronco production. It’s costing them millions of dollars a day to be shut down. With the success of the bronco selling out pretty much for the first two years, they’ll have no choice but to reduce production again and shift focus to the F-150. I’d say a lot of people need to be prepared to be shifted to 2022 MY.
the Bronco uses a different chip set than the F150

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This situation would absolutely NOT be this bad if our government wasn't encouraging corporations to ship our jobs overseas. It should be stated for the record that when Trump was President, Ford cancelled a factory they were building in Mexico... and as soon as Biden came to power, announced they were moving production back to Mexico again.

Chinese Companies Stockpile Chips for Autos, Exacerbating Global Chip Shortage

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chine...xacerbating-global-chip-shortage_3774860.html
Epoch Times is a Falun Gong-backed newspaper that uses propaganda tactics and right-wing misinformation to become an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.
https://www.adfontesmedia.com/epoch-times-bias-and-reliability/

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Epoch Times is a Falun Gong-backed newspaper that uses propaganda tactics and right-wing misinformation to become an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.
https://www.adfontesmedia.com/epoch-times-bias-and-reliability/
ad Fontes media does not do their own fact checking..they are not an unbiased source like Pew research

lol let’s not go there because I have a wealth of information on left wing propaganda and tactics..

otherwise this thread will get banned

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here we go again............

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford released a communication about which vehicle lines the chip issue was impacting, big Bronco wasn't on there at the time. They keep saying chip like it's all semi-conductors, I haven't dug into it much but suspect it's a specific part(s), not all "chips" in general.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard Sharonville is shutting due to chip shortage. I haven’t confirmed when and how long.
Weird seeing my hometown mentioned on the internet. Drove past that plant everyday going to HS.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is sad that Ford and other auto makers are in this situation.
I am sure that global demand is high and competitive.
I cannot help but think things may not be as bad if we had more onshore production but that is an entirely different conversation that encompasses a host of products.
Intel is working on it. Two new plants in Arizona are under construction.
https://www.industryweek.com/techno...to-spend-20-billion-on-two-new-us-chip-plants

Intel’s CEO, Pat Gelsinger, thinks it’ll take 2 years to fully recover. However he also said Intel can start making up for the shortage in 6 to 9 months.
https://www.industryweek.com/techno...to-spend-20-billion-on-two-new-us-chip-plants

Gelsinger is my old CEO. He originally came from Intel and just went back there to take over. He knows his stuff. He knows it exceptionally well. He’s been pointing out that high tech manufacturing MUST be more balanced. We used to 37% of all chips, but now we make 12%

So don’t expect this problem to go away for a while.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs