Sponsored

So whats everyones preliminary thoughts?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More or less, thats to prevent damage from people who dont know how to use it properly, of for when the sensors say "whoa, this isnt right, something is gonna give!"
So make it an option for us who can really use it for wooded tight trails. Granted without a stick on the 2.7......
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's OK, I was hoping for more hp and a better tow rating.
(Btw; I've been running Gen. Grabbers on my 17' Tacoma DCSB OR for a couple years now, FWIW they've been perfect, absolutely no problems with them.)
The torque is more important in this application, which the EcoBoost family is really good at delivering that.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only thing that surprised me was the interior turned out better than expected with good space/storage. The rest of vehicle was as expected or better, love the package options but wish they would have given more insight to ALL the options.

2.7 and Sasquatch across the line is definitely awesome.

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I was a little underwhelmed with last night. Yes, they showed a lot of great things and confirmed some things, but there are still a lot of questions. I would have thought delaying the reveal would have given them more time to nail down options and their cost. We only got high level info on the top(s) and accessories.

I would have loved to have learned more about the top, especially on the 2 door. A statement on Ford's site says you can go from the hard top to the soft without any tools. Great! Show us how to take the top off. There is clearly some donut hole type thing in the back of the hard top for the 2 door. No mention of that.

I'm being picky but it would be nice to know more details on what options are and aren't available on different trim levels. The high end stereo with subwoofer. Is that only in certain packages and trim levels or can it be added to any trim level? Same with heated steering wheel.

Show us the back seats (again more info needed on the 2 door) and how they fold and the storage you get from that.

I get that leaks and rumors are not necessarily what we'll see out of a production model but there were a lot of things I read about here that I was excited to see that were never mentioned. Paint colors is one, the soft top / hard top combo over the driver and passenger is a big one for me. Roof racks was something I would have loved to learn more about. Ford talked about hundreds of accessories but only showed us a few.

I placed a reservation but I still need to be convinced. I've liked everything I've seen but there are other questions that are make or break for me. I know what my factory / dealer / aftermarket options are with a new 2 door JL. I didn't see enough to say I have zero doubt I'm going with a Bronco.
I agree, I anticipated more info to be shared. But it will come out with automotive media outlets. It is awesome though, I can say that with utter confidence, it is better than the competition stock for stock.

Yo_itsjimbo

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me and what I wanted personally, my only gripe (and its a small gripe) is the color choices. My original plan was OJ white but was hoping for Grabber Lime. Otherwise, every box has been ticked. Base 2-door, 2.3 auto, and Sasquatch is a solid foundation to start with. Im beyond excited.

Sponsored

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overall impressed and amazed that we got all that we did. I went with the BD 4-door and will get the optional advanced 4x4 package and mid trim level upgrade. I was upset about the lack of 2.7 with the manual and the low tow rating. Happy that I will get all that I really need (and a little more) for what I had in my budget - that never happens! Will probably be in the market again in 4 years after the Hybrid is out and all the issues are worked out. Can't wait to drive this car!

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Initial thoughts:
-It looks cool
-Top options are good. I'd be in the regular hardtop camp.
-I'm glad the auto-4x4 transfer case is available, but need more info on how it works. Is this the Raptor transfer case?
-Very disappointed about the limited availability of the manual
-Disappointed the 'all out desert runner' Wildtrack doesn't have upgraded shocks or limited slip diffs
-Really want to see some weight figures
I know what you have been after, we have participated in a lot of threads together lol. Honestly, the shocks are amazing. The diff may come as limited slip. In your case id opt to change them to torsens maybe.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm pretty happy with what I've seen, and the Bronco is now at the top of my list for purchase next year.

I have a couple of gripes, but nothing that would keep me from buying.

I'll need to see driving reviews and actually sit in one myself before committing though.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still cannot get over the value proposition of the base+Sasquatch. Even if Sasquatch is $5k It’s up there with the C8 corvette for “best values ever” IMO. Ford converted me to a 2-door and base model after reading over everything which I would’ve never expected.

Sponsored

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still waiting on some info for the tow package capability. Given what the Ranger can pull, was hooping 5500 lbs at least. Even the Colorado ZR2, which has all the off road capability that these will have, tows 5k.

I need it to tow more than the 3.5k shown last night.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still cannot get over the value proposition of the base+Sasquatch. Even if Sasquatch is $5k It’s up there with the C8 corvette for “best values ever” IMO. Ford converted me to a 2-door and base model after reading over everything which I would’ve never expected.
I think the 2 door would generally be more fun to drive. I've never got into a long vehicle and thought hey, this is sporty and maneuverable to drive, lol. On the other hand, if I will have 4 adults on a trip with some gear, I've done that even in a CJ5, but it would be more difficult and less comfortable than a 4 door. When driving by myself or with one passenger though, my shorter wheelbase vehicles have been more fun than long vehicles. My buddy has a 4 door Wrangler, but my 2 door TJ is still more fun to drive in my book.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hybrid is in the works from what I've been told. 2020 as a whole, has fudged a lot of things up for everyone. But from what I was told, it was never going to be a first year option. They did plan for it though, the reserved space between the frame rails for a small battery.
PHEV or regular hybrid?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
5k is my low end guess for Sasquatch. I bet it's closer to 7k though. You're talking suspension, 'lectronics...But also 4 nice wheels and 35" tires. It ain't gonna be cheap.

I still think it's going to be the best bang for the buck add-on though. Stripped down model, but add the hard parts for off-roading. Genius move. Jeep should have done that 10 years ago.

Lerico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 2004 Silverado 1500 1989 nissan d21 1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been following Bronco6g since its inception. I think I have read every post on the site up until the last 24 hours, its been hard to keep up, Its been a wild ride. The first leaked photo that showed IFS was like a gut punch after years of speculation that it was going to be SFA. I took me several months, but I warmed to the idea that I could live with IFS if done right. No manual with the 2.7 is going to be a deal breaker for me though. I think Ford could have done better. That being said they nailed everything else, interior, exterior, packages all amazing. It checks every box the average consumer could possible want, they just left out the enthusiasts. The Bronco is going to sell by the train load Jeep Should be terrified, I just with I could join the party.
Sponsored