Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah! I don't even know why Toyota has a service department if it never brake, damage, or anything else!! They are just perfect and Toyota is just wasting their money on service department.

In a matter of fact! why do they have warranty?? it shouldn't have because it doesn't need it!

I really don't understand the mentality of a Toyota guy. I mean they are good but not that good.
Ohh, when you own a Toyota you still need to get the oil changed occasionally. šŸ˜

In all seriousness though, Toyota lost me when there was an issue with the steering in my wifeā€™s Highlander. Their repair caused the steering linkage to fall apart on our drive home visiting family on Christmas Day. We got lucky and had just turned off a major road when we heard a loud snap and was I was left with no steering. We bumped a curb but it could have been so much worse.

So you are right, every car company has problems, some bigger than others. I expect in a year or two there will be a fix, no help to the current customers though.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wee bastos we believe. Right.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Webasto makes all of the OEM factory tops. Hard tops for the 2 and 4 doors, and the 4 door soft top.

Bestop makes the aftermarket ā€œfastbackā€ tops available as an accessory for both the 2 and 4 door.

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

gosh this sucks. push aside the supply issue for a second. They could have atleast nailed down the quality of certain things given that they've has extra time.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has Ford switched vendors or planning to switch vendors?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

gosh this sucks. push aside the supply issue for a second. They could have atleast nailed down the quality of certain things given that they've has extra time.
They could have given the soft contract to best top. Don't know if they have capacity....

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah! I don't even know why Toyota has a service department if it never brake, damage, or anything else!! They are just perfect and Toyota is just wasting their money on service department.

In a matter of fact! why do they have warranty?? it shouldn't have because it doesn't need it!

I really don't understand the mentality of a Toyota guy. I mean they are good but not that good.
haha excellent. Never any issues

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/avoid-these-used-toyota-tacoma-models-unless-you-love-rust/

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it would be awesome for ford to address all this stuff but my 2020 Wrangler soft top had the same wear issues on the soft top in the first 6 months.
^^^ This.

Please keep the problem in perspective and in comparison to similarly-constructed vehicles. The negativity towards Ford on this site, a site dedicated to a Ford-designed product, does not make sense. If you donā€™t want the product and are a Ford hater - fine. But if youā€™re in it to own it, would it not be more productive and less stressful to focus on the fixes rather than moaning about the defects? Just add a reaction to the first bitch so it can be concentrated hatred and donā€™t add 6 pagesā€™ worth of ā€œFord sucksā€ posts.

Being that Iā€™m an engineer I realize that my brain is wired to focus on analyzing the problem and finding a solutionā€¦of which thereā€™s AWWAYS a solution. IMO, lifeā€™s too short to spend any time bitching about the small stuff. It will get fixed. If youā€™re unfortunate to have an issue befall you, I feel sorry for you, and Iā€™ll also be glad when the problem is addressed and a solution is provided.

Iā€™ve gone through the teething pains with the first year Focus ST. At the end of the day, and with excellent guidance from the smart people on the ST forums, I got the fixes done and the updates needed under warranty and to my satisfaction. The car became the favourite vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned, and I regret selling it. Other than the selling part, I expect the Bronco to take the STā€™s place as my all-time fave, warts and all.

Go back in time and examine the first-model-year issues encountered by any manufacturer and decide if what weā€™re seeing here is out of line. If it is, opt out. If not, please stop the incessant complaining! Your blood pressure will thank you!
Sponsored