Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. If only Ford found an experienced high quality soft-top roof producer with extensive Off-Road product experience to partner with. Someone who could make their Soft tops for BOTH the two and four door models AND give Bronco owners non-wavy windows…. Someone maybe like:

43F437C4-1DBA-4D42-958A-9B30A77FF443.jpeg
33A89005-2B32-44E6-9BF7-E2993B0823CD.jpeg
A1736800-F851-4C9E-880B-487B179502E0.jpeg
This top would be excellent if it would just fold ALL the way down. Hope that becomes a thing in the near future.

sjbronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've noticed in the instructions, either online or in the manual don't make any mention of how the fabric be rolled during soft top fold back. That seems odd as there are so many different ways it can get caught up that I can see this as a major issue. Minimally Ford should say how the fabric should look during fold back. Thanks for the thread. I've only folded back the top once and will now be careful on how the fabric folds back.

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed in the instructions, either online or in the manual don't make any mention of how the fabric be rolled during soft top fold back. That seems odd as there are so many different ways it can get caught up that I can see this as a major issue. Minimally Ford should say how the fabric should look during fold back. Thanks for the thread. I've only folded back the top once and will now be careful on how the fabric folds back.
It is odd. Maybe ford will update in the future. Now I walk around and make sure all the fabric is folded correctly. Driver side has been ok going to the correct position without adjustment but the passenger side requires fixing everytime.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi there! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Bronco– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!
Even if nothing is done because of user error, I greatly appreciate the fact that Ford is monitoring the forum AND reaching out for issues and problems.

Although there are lots of points of frustration, just simple communication helps relieve the stress of any situation.

Get2Zchoppa

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Dodge Super Bee, 72 Plymouth Road Runner GTX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updated the first post with where I think the issue came from.
What ended up being the outcome from this and Ford? I ask because mine is starting to do the same thing.

314B1656-7A2C-40F1-9D2E-2C3C71405836.jpeg

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks 314B1656-7A2C-40F1-9D2E-2C3C71405836

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks 314B1656-7A2C-40F1-9D2E-2C3C71405836

Update 8/1

Took a minute today to do some troubleshooting. It looks like when the top is folded back it can fold under the frame and rub against a piece of plastic. I noticed it folded differently yesterday so not sure what causes it to fold under and rub versus not. Definitely check your top when folding it back.

Pictures of the issue.

I’ve had mine for three weeks now, and I am seeing the same thing with my soft top, but at the leading edge of it. Any thought on what to do?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had mine for three weeks now, and I am seeing the same thing with my soft top, but at the leading edge of it. Any thought on what to do?
Complain to Ford and arrange for a hard top.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That first pic is something to be upset about. One reason why I wouldn't change to a soft top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That first pic is something to be upset about. One reason why I wouldn't change to a soft top.
Double check both sides when you fold the top back that it isn't tucked under and touching the plastic on the roof frame. This is what caused mine to wear.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow. If only Ford found an experienced high quality soft-top roof producer with extensive Off-Road product experience to partner with. Someone who could make their Soft tops for BOTH the two and four door models AND give Bronco owners non-wavy windows…. Someone maybe like:
But what is the sense in having a soft top that doesn't go all the way down? May as well just have a hard top with removable front panels at that point, right?

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Double check both sides when you fold the top back that it isn't tucked under and touching the plastic on the roof frame. This is what caused mine to wear.
I'm late in seeing this issue. Does this happen when just the front part is folded back in the first position, or when the entire roof is folded all the way back with the rear panels removed?

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm late in seeing this issue. Does this happen when just the front part is folded back in the first position, or when the entire roof is folded all the way back with the rear panels removed?
It can happen in either. It happens when the top folds under and rubs on a piece of plastic on the top. Double check when you fold the top back it's not folded under on either side.

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Even if nothing is done because of user error, I greatly appreciate the fact that Ford is monitoring the forum AND reaching out for issues and problems.

Although there are lots of points of frustration, just simple communication helps relieve the stress of any situation.
Update- props to Ford they contacted me here and I arranged to go to the dealer this week. They reviewed it and have a new top on order.

My Bronco has the same issue. its passenger side right where it folds back. @Ford Motor Company please assist.

Soft top fray.jpg
Sponsored