Sponsored

Supply chain is just an excuse, your dealer allocations are the reason you're waiting

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would you know that fun fact?
Wow that's super cool my dude. This totally explains why some people wait 3 months and others have been waiting since 2020! It's because Ford wants to use only the best steel for early reservation holders, and it's hard to get.

Makes sense now, thanks!
your welcome!
also fyi the exotic steel in the frame is common among all models from base on up

Last edited:

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fun fact - the company I work for does represent Fords's supply chain. In fact we make the frame for the Bronco. It does not get any more representative than that.

@Silver-Bolt is correct. I admire your conviction @Cyber2D but you are wrong. Please trust those who work in the industry.

As my previous post said the the commodity constraints are not the only issue, but they are most definitely a very large part of it.
If supply chain is THE issue, then explain this. The last week of MY22 scheduling, I came here and looked at the Build Date spreadsheet posted for that week. 22 people had the exact same build as me (other than color), and 18 of those (81%) ordered after me. And 16 of those (73%) were 2022 walk-in orders with no reservation. I had waited 430 days at that point and stood to lose my color. Yet, they couldn't manage to get me scheduled. STILL haven't gotten my SECOND favorite color Bronco scheduled at 480 days. This HAS to be a dealer allocation issue.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If supply chain is THE issue, then explain this. The last week of MY22 scheduling, I came here and looked at the Build Date spreadsheet posted for that week. 22 people had the exact same build as me (other than color), and 18 of those (81%) ordered after me. And 16 of those (73%) were 2022 walk-in orders with no reservation. I had waited 430 days at that point and stood to lose my color. Yet, they couldn't manage to get me scheduled. STILL haven't gotten my SECOND favorite color Bronco scheduled at 480 days. This HAS to be a dealer allocation issue.
go back and read the last line of my post page 2 post 28 & page 2 post 29

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's both. Supply chain issues is a real problem in the overall issue. Allocations are an issue for comparable builds. This is a result of many things being shut down for 2 years.
The company I work for was unable to get hydraulic oil for about 4 months from its main supplier and had to produce a new product and packaging with different suppliers.
That being said, Ford really screwed up by letting stripped dealer orders jump many reservation holders which only aggravated the parts shortage issue even further, but they had to make something to sell rather than bleed money.
Six of one, half dozen of another, pick your poison.
Exactly, it's both. Many (not all) day 1/2 people still waiting have loaded out builds. Ford isn't going to save aside parts for you while waiting for shorted items to come in. They're going to build what they can. Then those simpler builds hoover up what few allocations a dealer does have. It's a vicious cycle.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not "the" issue. It is a major part of the issue. The OP is blowing it off as a non-issue. There is no doubt that the Ford order system is beyond FUBAR'd. Everyone one of us that have ordered know that. OP stated the supply chain issue was BS. Simply stating facts rather than speculation regarding the supply chain.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 1/30/21 order, I completely lost out on getting it built in 21 due to the MIC constraint in order to finish out the FEs. After that, Ford moved the goal posts and I missed a couple more scheduling's until Ford 99'd my order to convert to a Braptor in Feb. Next fun due to more delays, constraints and almost a summer long QC hold on all Braptors until end of August, I lost more time in getting a 22 built, until Ford ran out of MY22 time. Finally after having to convert to year 3, I got scheduled right away and only because Braptor allocations are very slim and hand picked out by not only Ford, but the dealer plus I did my conversion within the first 3 days of being able to. Another new fun fact that there is now new constraints on some items on the Braptor that are causing push outs.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, my profile signature at the bottom acknowledges & supports the allotment issue. My mind was blown when I found out my end of October order had a vin# within two weeks of converting. I doubt anyone here can dissect and point to the exact reason(s) why their own truck was built quickly or delayed. There are too many moving pieces, with obvious ones being allotment & commodity constraints.

Covid, part constraints, finding people to work are all issues out of Fords hands, but are all very real. This does not absolve them of how this launch was managed but certainly added to the overall poor launch image Ford has earned. Ford deserves a poor launch score for they way they managed the issues, but can't fault them for supply chain issues. Add Dealership shenanigan's and a large customer base eager for the trucks and its a disaster waiting to happen.

Ford has not had a good launch on the Bronco. Period. Absolutely no denying this. However, Ford did not put years of development into the bronco to wake up one day and have Farley say "guys - lets make this the shitiest launch ever". Ford needs to look at the the components they can control and specifically the parts they failed at. They also need to look at the dealers as I suspect some dealers got greedy and are partially to blame.

I chose to hang on, but we all have the choice to either get pissed @ Ford and move on from the bronco or hurry up and wait.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do know that your only options right now are to buy or wait to order? And if you wait to order you’re still looking at even more waiting.
I'm probably going with door #3 (was just pricing some Wranglers). Depends on how my old TJ is holding up, and amount of distant off-roading planned for the upcoming year.

Goal is to be driving up some picturesque mountain trail next summer. That fun and adventure doesn't require a Bronco. A Wrangler will get me there in top-down fashion as well.

Some folks are gluttons for punishment waiting around. Maybe too caught up in the image of a vehicle, rather than what they are actually doing?

Ford Bronco Supply chain is just an excuse, your dealer allocations are the reason you're waiting JeepJL

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 1/30/21 order, I completely lost out on getting it built in 21 due to the MIC constraint in order to finish out the FEs. After that, Ford moved the goal posts and I missed a couple more scheduling's until Ford 99'd my order to convert to a Braptor in Feb. Next fun due to more delays, constraints and almost a summer long QC hold on all Braptors until end of August, I lost more time in getting a 22 built, until Ford ran out of MY22 time. Finally after having to convert to year 3, I got scheduled right away and only because Braptor allocations are very slim and hand picked out by not only Ford, but the dealer plus I did my conversion within the first 3 days of being able to. Another new fun fact that there is now new constraints on some items on the Braptor that are causing push outs.
my brother has an F150 order. To get his truck faster he took the heated steering wheel delete option. There are other "delete options" out there on other vehicles, it sucks but either the OEM's build fewer vehicles until all parts are available or they build more vehicles with fewer options. LOL I think his credit was like $27. Crazy times.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my brother has an F150 order. To get his truck faster he took the heated steering wheel delete option. There are other "delete options" out there on other vehicles, it sucks but either the OEM's build fewer vehicles until all parts are available or they build more vehicles with fewer options. LOL I think his credit was like $27. Crazy times.
These are definitely not normal times. Too many people are not aware of how different it is.

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do people determine which dealerships are high volume in their area? This will be the first Ford I've ever purchased, so I am not familiar with the local dealerships. In Greater Boston area if anyone has particularized knowledge.

Thanks!
Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA is in the Top 50 dealers for volume in the U.S. Most dealers won't share their allocation with you. Instead, provide them with your build details and ask them for a timeframe for when you will likely be scheduled. If they tell you over a year, then they don't have any allocation.

Here's a link to a list of the top 150 Ford dealers in the country. It's from 2015 and doesn't list the location, but I used it to find my high volume dealer.

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/whe...-largest-ford-dealers-in-the-us.386/post-6690

Last edited:

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA is in the Top 50 dealers for volume in the U.S. Most dealers won't share their allocation with you. Instead, provide them with your build details and ask them for a timeframe for when you will likely be scheduled. If they tell you over a year, then they don't have any allocation.
Thanks. Really appreciate this advice.

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks. Really appreciate this advice.
Once you pick a dealer, make sure that you get a signed purchase agreement guaranteeing the agreed upon sales price. My dealer in NY said that Ford just gave them a bunch of 2023 builds for their lot arriving in Jan. It might be worthwhile to check with a high volume dealer now to see if they were given additional allocation.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The problem is both but it starts with constraints and capacity. Allocations are only an issue when the demand exceeds the supply and or capacity. If Ford had the supply and capacity to build all the orders immediately, they would and there wouldn't be an allocation issue unless they chose to limit the availability (First Edition, Heritage Limited). The formula (which I do not pretend to know) basically rewards big dealers and penalizes little dealers and is loosely based on material supply and capacity and what they have sold in the past.

My previous toy was a Gen 1 lightning. It was produced in limited quantities and only supplied to certain dealers. It's just the way it was and way smaller numbers than what we are talking today.

The demand for the Bronco is outstripping the supply and Ford allocates a higher supply to the higher volume dealers.

The minute they went from a reservation order modal to an allocation model, having an early reservation was less valuable than having a high volume dealer when it came to getting it built quicker.
Sponsored