Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After having my Wildtrak on order from the beginning, for me about 7 months ago, I woke up this morning and called my dealer and switched to a Sas Outerbanks, why, I got worried the light tan interior parts on the WT would show wear to quick. So after building it identical to WT is was about $800 less. I think I am going to like the dark roast brown interior color with eruption green much better.
If I understand it right, the only thing I give up is the Baja GOAT mode and a hood decal. I gain color match mirrors and door handels, a different grill and silver beadlock rings. What am I missing that makes the OB less money?
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope. I went OBX Sasquatch for that roast leather. Best decision I made!

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bumpers, unless you added modular?

Outer Banks has side steps, that's a plus I think. Or sell them. Gain either way.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After having my Wildtrak on order from the beginning, for me about 7 months ago, I woke up this morning and called my dealer and switched to a Sas Outerbanks, why, I got worried the light tan interior parts on the WT would show wear to quick. So after building it identical to WT is was about $800 less. I think I am going to like the dark roast brown interior color with eruption green much better.
If I understand it right, the only thing I give up is the Baja GOAT mode and a hood decal. I gain color match mirrors and door handels, a different grill and silver beadlock rings. What am I missing that makes the OB less money?
I havent looked lately, but check the bumper and bash plate options for both vehicles. If you want the plating, and order it with the vehicle, the springs may be sized for the extra weight. Also, doesn't WT come with MIC top standard? Or has that changed for 2022. Also, the OBX has a stock running board, while the WT?

Regarding your comment on the Roast/Onyx interior, I have it on my OBX non-SAS, delivered on October. In leather. I love it, and the colors make the cabin a nice place to be. And I got the leather/vinyl seats because they are electric and infinitely adjustable and comfortable. I have the High package with the 12" screen. I love the tan dash etc, will go with the green, I had an Eddie Bauer bronco in that scheme in the 1990s.

SmartSelect_20220127-010202_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Qasimateen

Outer Banks
First Name
Qasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can always add Baja mode later using FORScan.
I did the same thing recently since I had a feeling OBX would be produced sooner than a wildtrak, considering how often I run into OBX trims. Alā€™s itā€™s for the brown leather seats in the OBX, canā€™t stand the beige interior on the wildtrak.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thereā€™s not much difference between the two when you add the 2.7L, and Sas to the OBX. I prefer the sandstone onyx interior with the digital camo pattern seats. I have the sandstone and onyx seats on an abandoned order BB I picked up while waiting on my WT and after 5 months the seats, and even the sandstone still look brand new. I must say I prefer the WT interior to the OBX, but I think the Roast is fire and classy when paired with the EG.
I switched from the BL to a WT because I love the blacked out appearance pkg of the WT, especially the grill and the gloss black wheels and beauty ring and black emblemā€¦especially with race red. I also love the graphics pkg on the WTā€¦..I think the side graphics look much better than without, especially on the lighter and brighter colors. And, like you
mentioned thereā€™s the Baja mode. Iā€™d prefer to have that standard than having to go through forscan. I also like the image and idea of the WT. I got it in my head that the OBX was more of the Sahara equivalent with the body colored fender flares and all and was missing a bit of the ruggedness of other trims. I like the MIC door handles now that they did away with the body color as I feel the MIC is more rugged looking and will age better than the painted handles, which I feel will tend to chip easily. I do mis the 2021 WT Mirror caps however, as they look better with the WT grill and wheels. But mostly I just love the way it looksā€¦..this picture (ladybroncos rig I believe) is exactly my build and I think it looks better than any other trimā€¦ā€¦but you canā€™t go wrong either way, for the most part just superficial differences and personal preference.
Ford Bronco Switched to an Outer Banks from a Wildtrak 4910840A-6741-469E-AD15-56907AD93058

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my Wildtrak order we added the Modular bumper and I can't remember why but I remember the guy saying that if we took off the the Modular bumper we lost something we wanted.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Back in March 2021 when I first placed an order I picked OBX optioned like a WT. About a week later I switched to WT. To me it really came down to Baja versus Roast interior. Baja won out by a whisker so I have the leather sandstone when the WT arrives. I had a 2009 Tundra in that color and it really grew on me. By the way, I think the roast interior is fantastic and I wish there had been a way to get that on the WT. So those of you that have roastā€¦Iā€™m jealous. But I think the sandstone will be fine too.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my Wildtrak order we added the Modular bumper and I can't remember why but I remember the guy saying that if we took off the the Modular bumper we lost something we wanted.
All I can think of is fog lights.
Sponsored