First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my OBX with Roast. That interior was the selling point for me. And with the 2.7 and modular bumper, the only differences I can really find are aesthetic.
Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBX Sas/Roast/Onyx here too. The roast/onxy leather was the changer for me. Originally wanted a Wildtrak, but didn't like the sandstone interior. The roast looks a lot more luxurious, along with the painted door handles, mirrors etc. We added over $13K of options to our OBX inc the modular bumper and steel bash plates, so it's almost identical to the Wildtrak (apart from the obvious grill/baja mode/black beauty rings etc).

We have absolutely no regrets at all!

Swordofthemorning

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just here for my Recommended Daily Allowance of bitching about the fact that I have a Wildtrak that supposedly just got built and yet the fact remains I ain't got shit !

Can't. Take. It. Any. More.

Ain't Got Shit!

Now now that is no way to act with a name like that good Ser. Stay stoic and most of all stay pumped 🤣

In all seriousness, the waiting game is frustrating for sure, here's to hoping your Bronco along with everyone eles built Bronco arrives soon in perfect condition!

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the replies. The only thing I can find is that I had to add the side steps to the Wildrak where they are included on the OB. I guess it came down to getting things that can't be changed easily, and its not easy to change the interior color.

I do wish they would offer the capable bumper across the models so I don't have to settle for a plastic bumper to get factory installed fog lights.

Now I just got to get past the fact that my Bronco is named after a teen drama tv show and not a cool name like Wildtrack. So my first mod will be removing the fender sticker LOL.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my Wildtrak order we added the Modular bumper and I can't remember why but I remember the guy saying that if we took off the the Modular bumper we lost something we wanted.
You would lose the front steel bash plate is all.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On my Wildtrak order we added the Modular bumper and I can't remember why but I remember the guy saying that if we took off the the Modular bumper we lost something we wanted.
Yes, When you order the modular bumper, you automatically get the front bash plate, as I remember

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was it, we wanted the bash plates.

But the deal is by getting the modular bumper you do in fact lose the fog lights no?
Yes, the modular also eliminates the standard OBX fog lights, standard with the stock plastic bumper.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was it, we wanted the bash plates.

But the deal is by getting the modular bumper you do in fact lose the fog lights no?
You will lose fogs, but the mod bumper is pretty nice.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I can think of is fog lights.
Yes, fog lights and front bash plate. For some reason, Ford says the bash plate requires the upgraded bumper, but other aftermarket companies sell the plating with the stock plastic bumper.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You did the right thing.

#1 Eruption Green and that roast interior are a match made in heaven. I’m going Velocity Blue with roast but had a dark green Eddie Bauer edition back in the 80’s-90’s with a similar combo and it was fantastic.

#2 if you add SAS, aux switches, and modular bumper with front bash plates, you are getting a WT without a hood decal (if you add Baja with FORScan), plus you get color matched mirrors and handles, side step, and IMO a nicer front grill. And you will be within a few hundred dollars of the WT. A great value.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Build and Price just came back up on the Wildtrak today. Based on the computer generated image, it looks like the standard bumper is now the capable bumper and not the plastic bumper. Of course this happens the day after I switch.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I just got to get past the fact that my Bronco is named after a teen drama tv show and not a cool name like Wildtrack. So my first mod will be removing the fender sticker LOL.
The outer banks have been around a lot longer than the teen drama that takes place there lmao

FWIW I think Outer Banks is a cooler name than Wildtrak

BUCKNUT1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You did the right thing.

#1 Eruption Green and that roast interior are a match made in heaven. I’m going Velocity Blue with roast but had a dark green Eddie Bauer edition back in the 80’s-90’s with a similar combo and it was fantastic.

#2 if you add SAS, aux switches, and modular bumper with front bash plates, you are getting a WT without a hood decal (if you add Baja with FORScan), plus you get color matched mirrors and handles, side step, and IMO a nicer front grill. And you will be within a few hundred dollars of the WT. A great value.

#1 Agree with you on all of this.

#2 I personally do not like the color matched mirrors or handles. I like the WT grill better. That's what makes this great, you can get it how you want it for roughly the same money!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and Price just came back up on the Wildtrak today. Based on the computer generated image, it looks like the standard bumper is now the capable bumper and not the plastic bumper. Of course this happens the day after I switch.
It still gets the plastic bumper
Sponsored