Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm only at about 20k miles but a few months ago I noticed a small tear in the vinyl on the side of the driver's street, where I get in and out. Similar to tearing in the cloth driver's seat on my previous 4Runner. The tear recently has grown slightly longer (pictured).

Any suggestions for a cosmetically decent fix? I don't want a conspicuous patch on it. Maybe I'm being anal, but I've had my doors off for almost two weeks and I don't want a visible hobo patch on there.
Ford Bronco Tear in side of MVG seat 735DFBCC-B8A4-4464-9811-50E2078E4D7D
Sponsored

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Black Diamond on order. I was worried about the durability of the MGV, and a tear from wear after only 20k miles is worrying

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm only at about 20k miles but a few months ago I noticed a small tear in the vinyl on the side of the driver's street, where I get in and out. Similar to tearing in the cloth driver's seat on my previous 4Runner. The tear recently has grown slightly longer (pictured).

Any suggestions for a cosmetically decent fix? I don't want a conspicuous patch on it. Maybe I'm being anal, but I've had my doors off for almost two weeks and I don't want a visible hobo patch on there.
Ford Bronco Tear in side of MVG seat 735DFBCC-B8A4-4464-9811-50E2078E4D7D
I'm having the same issue in virtually the exact same spot. 30k on the odd, but I noticed it starting around 28. Will be visiting the dealer soon while I still have some warranty left.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How big ‘a boy are ya?

in all seriousness, we often see side bolster seat damage when people slide in an out of the vehicle causing extra wear on the side bezel & seat upholstery. 🤷‍♂️

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Black Diamond on order. I was worried about the durability of the MGV, and a tear from wear after only 20k miles is worrying
I've got 36k on my BL MGV and they look nearly as good as they did in Aug '21 when I took delivery, and they see weeks at a time with no door/tops.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How big ‘a boy are ya?

in all seriousness, we often see side bolster seat damage when people slide in an out of the vehicle causing extra wear on the side bezel & seat upholstery. 🤷‍♂️
210 lbs.

Actually, this seat was replaced less than a year ago because of a wreck where the airbag deployed. So it's got less than 10k miles.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How big ‘a boy are ya?

Getting out is "extra" wear? I've now begun lifting my ass off the seat first but sort of "standing" on my left leg, but now I hit my head on the roll cage getting out.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some softer material is need on the edge of the plastic. Sharp edge isn’t helping.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the MGV material would get pinched on the plastic edge of the seat. That side plastic definitely helps with the comfort of the seat overall, but since the Bronco is higher off the ground than most vehicles, I suspect most of us are doing a butt-slide to get out of the Bronco. Every time I do that personally, I noticed it would get pinched.

Ended up taking a small file to dull down that plastic edge a bit. So far so good.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Ford work van. 57k, but it started at around half that many miles. Very thin color layer. But you can’t scratch the plastic in this thing! Will be extra careful on my Bronco now.

IMG_4960.jpeg

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this is going to be a typical problem with the vinyl seats as they age and are used a lot and subject to wear. It has happened with every kind of vinyl used in vehicles over the years. Just because Ford sticks a MGV title on it all of a sudden it is "Far superior "to regular vinyl. Not buying it, I ordered a Big Bend to avoid the way over hyped vinyl but Ford decided to be Ford and screw everyone out of that option too.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Katzkin will be swimming in money in about 5 years with all these Broncos

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this is going to be a typical problem with the vinyl seats as they age and are used a lot and subject to wear. It has happened with every kind of vinyl used in vehicles over the years. Just because Ford sticks a MGV title on it all of a sudden it is "Far superior "to regular vinyl. Not buying it, I ordered a Big Bend to avoid the way over hyped vinyl but Ford decided to be Ford and screw everyone out of that option too.
Kinda like corinthian leather... ;)

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I too have a Black Diamond on order and I slide my ass all the way out of the seat, lol. Wonder if applying a vinyl conditioner more often to the bolster will be in order?

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Order OEM bottom seat cover and stash for later.

I've got one for my '17 F150 despite no problem with wearing.
Sponsored