First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Instead of 6 trim levels they really should have had three and had interior and wheel options on the top two. Sasquatch should be stage 1 with 33s or stage two with 35s and should include the swaybar disco. I would have spent the 52k or even more if I could have gotten what I wanted but decided to spend 34 and some change and find someone else to give the other 18k. (That might end up being Harley Davidson lol.)I certainly didn’t want to spend 52k then another 6 or 7 to change the stuff I didn’t want.
I couldn't agree more. This could have been all done with two trim levels and a 1st edition.

The Base, Black Diamond, and Badlands would all fit nicely into one trim level, while the Big Bend, Outer Banks, and WildTrak all fit nicely into another trim level... that's all it needed to be.

Call one the Badlands Edition, call the other the Shopping Edition. ;) Allow Sasquatch on all.
Sponsored

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can pull the carpet out of the basquatch and have washout interior. All models have a drain hole it is just has a fancy plug on BL and BD. Full disclosure, I went with BD with a big reason being the washout. I almost switched to BB because I like the tan interior.

OP
OP
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatch is absolutely worth it to me. Lockers, lower gearing, and stronger axles are expensive to add later to support 35s, and you get a warranty. I just took delivery and I love this truck. Very happy with the 2.7 as well.
doesnt badlands come with the exact same axles?
I’m manual transmission so gearing will be fine.

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Harley crowd cracks me up when they list their's for sale. A whole bunch of chrome upgrades and add ons that they think added value and expect you to pay for. Individual tastes don't translate into cash on resale.
We fight this same mentality in real estate. Some sellers practically save every receipt when they do upgrades or work on their house and think the sum of all those receipts plus the home value is the current price. It doesn't work that way.

Buy whatever the heck you want to drive. Or live in. If you maintain it, it will retain value.

Sponsored

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

I keep going back to, all I really want is a pure driving experience.
But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

So here is where I'm wondering if I'm crazy because it's almost and obsession.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

It's not a money issue but who doesn't want to save some cash if they can.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
I'll chime in. I went round and round also. Ended up with Badlands non squatch high package. I can tell you the vinyl flooring and seats are super nice. The extra tech is cool and made insurance cheaper but as far as needed, not really. Could go with Black diamond and get about the same and save a little if saving money is only concern with staying low. Or you could build your own rig and not deal with the draw backs. Could base or big bend, rip out carpet, remove plastic bumpers for steel, add your own bash plates, Katzkin your seats any design you want, and with squatch you'd have the suspension and tires.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re not alone. I’m firmly in the badlands category, I’m going to take it crazy places off-road. I’m going crazy about configuring it though. The 2.3l/7MT/no Sasquatch appeals to me and is about $10k cheaper than the 2.7l/auto/Sasquatch that I currently have on order. Not sure which one to go with.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Theory of Relativity. My son's girlfriend just ordered a Subaru Forester: 6 packages available, zero factory options. You pick one out, color choices are minimal, and nothing more. The dealers may swap stock with each other. My son has a 4Runner. Pick your package, zero factory options. Color choices are limited, dealers in Colorado do not swap stock, drive it home or wait... for your color to arrive. My wife has a new Traverse- the same thing- pick out your trim level and head for home (IF you can find a new Traverse...). Ford's ala carte menu was a great pre-pandemic idea, but mother nature now has her foot on its throat.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I debated back and forth the three lower trim levels over and over and then just decided Base was all I needed. If Ford would have just allowed the base to have a rear locker option then it wouldn't have even been a debate for me. For me there was no way I was spending over 40k on a bronco, my 2015 f150 brand new cost me only 35k with the rebates when I bought it. I'll be putting my shocks, wheels/tires on it anyway so might as well just start with the cheapest trim. Only regret for me is not going to be having the factory locker, but oh well. The base 2.3 MT is nicely equipped and setup for upgrade and for the price is hard to beat, an XL F-150 is a stripper model compared to the base bronco and I don't need all the upper level tech of the higher trims.

Bronconius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford Lighting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was initially in the BL camp but decided I didn’t need all the extras so I decided on the BD. I was a bit worried I’d have regrets but I’m happy to say upon receiving my BD Bronco I have zero regrets. This vehicle is incredible in whatever flavor you get it. 👍😁

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You’re not alone. I’m firmly in the badlands category, I’m going to take it crazy places off-road. I’m going crazy about configuring it though. The 2.3l/7MT/no Sasquatch appeals to me and is about $10k cheaper than the 2.7l/auto/Sasquatch that I currently have on order. Not sure which one to go with.
I’m seeing similar statements: badlands because crazy off-road. Honest question: What can’t a base sas do? Auto sway disconnect is it, right? Is the throttle too sensitive in an base auto to rock crawl that you need a goat mode to remap the throttle? That’s the only other thing I can think might hinder a base sas and I don’t even know it’s true.

also, if the throttle sensitivity is an issue, are there any options to tweak the map manually through obdii or a piggy back system?

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m really happy with my Black Diamond 2dr, 2.3 manual, tow and roof rack. Functionally it’s everything I need, but I may add heated seats at some point for that added luxury. For me it is the right mix of old school charm, new tech, and a decently aggressive stance without being a brodozer. I bet you’ll be happy with whatever you get given my experience 3k miles in.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.

If the money is not really a huge issue for you, just get exactly what you want and you'll have no regrets.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

I understand your dilemma. My original MY21 reservation was for a BL Lux for around $53K. I chose the BL because I liked the factory 33s, not because I am an off-roader. At the time, I didn't even know what a sway bar disconnect was used for. But, the production delays gave me time to research each trim and make a better decision. Since I just need a daily driver, I decided on the BB and saved a lot of money. This way, I can have a capable daily driver and $10K in the bank :)
Sponsored