mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DO IT you only live once ! get the hellcat if thats what youve always wanted drive the snot out of it and if you dont feel fulfilled trade for the bronco.
Dont put it in to that catagory of things in life like
Shoulda kissed her
Wish i would have taken that trip
Almost had my dream muscle car.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Hellcat certainly looks fun but I'm also a tad fatigued on the entire "Dodge Muscle" lineup. Every week there's a new trim announced. How long until we get the Dodge Charger Hellcat SRT8 Widebody AWD Platinum Scat Pack XtremeGamer Redeye?

You really have to be a modern-muscle guy to even know the minute difference between all the trims anymore.

And an accompanying parody article (plus my favorite bonus article)

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
DO IT you only live once ! get the hellcat if thats what youve always wanted drive the snot out of it and if you dont feel fulfilled trade for the bronco.
Dont put it in to that catagory of things in life like
Shoulda kissed her
Wish i would have taken that trip
Almost had my dream muscle car.
Its crazy you put it like that. I actually have too many of those regrets in my life. For real.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question... have you ever had a vehicle with 700hp?

My personal experience with cars that fast isn't exactly great. They suck to drive on the road. Most people don't know how to drive them on the track. And they're more of a novelty than anything.

Are they cool? Yes.

Are they useful? Depends on if you're a professional racing driver.

It all comes down to this... Would you rather go to a track on a random Friday night and get embarrassed by a '95 GMC Jimmy "sleeper", or would you rather go spend a week in the mountains exploring God's wonderful creation?
A pully and a tune gives the Hellcat 1,000 Horsepower and with the right tires i wouldn't be afraid of that 95 GMC sleeper.

With that said its not just about drag racing. It's about the love of the car, that supercharged whine, cruising, going to car shows. Its a lifestyle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats the hard part for me. Im into both Lifestyles. As I said I love the outdoors and Off-roading adventures but I also love the Muscle car scene.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is something to think about from a 50-something. I have had fast cars. Spent some time on road courses, drags, and autocross. I loved it and I still enjoy going fast, but I am not as driven to win or go as fast as when I was younger. The outdoors and off-road trails interest me more now. Not sure if you will go through the same transitions but if you do then get the fast cars now. You might not be as driven to go fast later.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First these discounts on the hellcat have been around for quite some time. The platform is ancient and the line has been full depreciated so dodge will keep aggressive pricing on them. The new super sport carries the same discount.

I have had multiple cars with that power level. All were fun but only of them was really useable (awd). The hellcat simply can’t put the power down on the street. If you don’t care about traction, then pick one up.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok.... as The Pope... I've Got To Chime In..... lol....

Go and Rent a Hellcat. Drive it for a few days and on a variety of roads.

Then after you've returned it, take 5 days to think it over. Make you decision on the 6th day. Then you can rest on the 7th Day.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask yourself this... what vehicle will give you that slow burn- u know that damn it feeling I should’ve bought it. The burn that will cause u too question why u bought the current rig vs the rig that gives u the “burn”

for me it will always be the bronco.
I have a ‘17 taco- great truck- but nothing damn special about it. They are everywhere here in Iowa ... it doesn’t give me the burn like a bronco
And I know if I say f-$k it and blow off buying the bronco and the 1st time I see one roll through my neighborhood I’m going to be instantly pissed- slow burn type pissed..

just my 2 cents brother..

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I placed my Reservation for the 2021 Bronco back in July. Such an awesome vehicle. I've always wanted an open air experience 4x4 and the Jeeps where always too much money for what they offered or should I say didn't offer. You have have to step all the way up to a Rubicon $50k just to get what a Basequatch will give you at $36k

I have so many plans for the new Bronco. Super excited.

There's one problem though. A dark uncertain cloud called Covid-19 looms over us all. And who knows if we'll really get our Bronco in 2021. The manufacturering may get halted and Some of us will get pushed into 2022. Unfortunately I can't wait that long.

So with any uncertainty and weakness the Devil likes to step in. In this case its in the form of a HellCat Challenger. It has always been my dream Muscle car. And right now Dodge is offering like $7,800 off msrp.

It's crazy because its literally the Angel vs the Devil on my shoulder scenario. The Bronco is the Angel because its more practical and will be the perfect vehicle for the Northeast. Plus I love the outdoors, Off-roading and camping.

The Challenger on the other hand with 717 horses and is wicked awesome and available now. I can get it now. And I'm also big into Muscle cars and that whole lifestyle. I've had more then I can count and its literally my addiction. I miss my 2015 Sublime green Scat Pack so much.

Who knows how long we'll see HellCats at this price. Its not a common scenario. Im guessing its because of Covid-19. Ive never seen a sale on them like this before.

Anyway im definitely leaning towards the Bronco but the Hellcat is calling my name like the Hell spawn that it is tempting me every step of the way. How the Hell can I make it a year? I think in need an exorcism!! ???
DO IT!!!! Join the crew! But if you’re going to do it just get the redeye and be wicked fast!!

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get a Challenger Hellcat! Get a Ram TRX with the 702HP motor. :)
Wait for the hype to die down- and then this absolutely or a Trackhawk. Way more practical. I would love to buy a Trackhawk or TRX or wait for the next Raptor- but I have a budget :cry:

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man, I've always owned mustangs... but I can't help looking at every hellcat that drives by with a bit of jealousy

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ask yourself this... what vehicle will give you that slow burn- u know that damn it feeling I should’ve bought it. The burn that will cause u too question why u bought the current rig vs the rig that gives u the “burn”

for me it will always be the bronco.
I have a ‘17 taco- great truck- but nothing damn special about it. They are everywhere here in Iowa ... it doesn’t give me the burn like a bronco
And I know if I say f-$k it and blow off buying the bronco and the 1st time I see one roll through my neighborhood I’m going to be instantly pissed- slow burn type pissed..

just my 2 cents brother..
Whats crazy is i know exactly what you're talking about. I know the Hellcat already gives me that feeling. I just one 3 days ago and it drove me nuts.

With that said even though I haven't seen the Bronco in person I have a feeling it will do the same thing. The Bronco is literally one if the hottest Off-roading vehicles coming from the factory in a long time.

I feel like factory 35s and the whole Sasquatch package is awesome. And I think in the Winter when the Hellcat is parked in the garage ill be sick when I see the new Bronco. Also when someone drives by in the Summer with the top and doors off ill be jealous. Lol.

In all reality I'm definitely leaning towards the new Bronco. Its more practical and just as exciting just in a different way.
Sponsored