First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like being over 6' tall and using money to make money, which often includes some amount of debt leveraging.

Being 100% debt free is seldom a winning long term strategy. Same as being leveraged into inequity.
It was one thing to have debt when interest rates were at all time lows influenced by a ridiculous government policy. Much different when interest rates are similar to today. Go back to the early 80’s. This doesn’t just flip back overnight.
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's okay! It's just a four door! You could always get a 2 door when your financial situation improves!!!

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What all was damaged? My basement has flooded a couple of times... Usually it's a few hundred bucks for a new sump pump, maybe some PVC, and some muscle work cleaning up/digging some trenches for new pipe maybe. I guess what happened to where you are out a ton of money? Was basement finished?

Like others said, when you own a house this stuff will happen. If a few thousand bucks affects a car buying decision you probably aren't in a position to be buying a $50-$60k vehicle anyways. Not trying to be a jerk, I've been at that life stage too. You will be less stressed not overextending yourself. The newness of the vehicle wears off fast. Do I love mine? Sure. After a few months, do I sometimes question the $10k I spent on it in addition to selling my perfectly fine Tacoma. You betcha.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow thanks for the kind words. Was not expecting that. I have two sump pumps but the leaking still came it. They couldn’t keep up. Getting bigger pumps and will fix but it’s costly. Insurance doesn’t cover ground water. Very frustrating. To upgrade pumps and repair everything it eats my large down payment up. I could do it without anything down and still do it but that would eat up a lot of the money for other things which I don’t know if I want to put myself in that situation. I’m leaning towards just walking away. Just so hard after driving it around a bit and waiting so long for it.
Ignore the trolls, man. IMO you posted looking for a genuine opinion, and most people here are typically happy to offer it. The others are just trolls. I didn’t see any reference to your age in he original post, but if you’re a young dude….
my 2 cents is that you have to factor expenses too. My Bronco sits at a dealer waiting for a steering gear part from Ford that doesn’t ship for two more weeks. They just replaced the driveshaft under recall. all that with just under 30,000 miles and I haven’t off-roaded it past minor mud n ruts and a little bit of Philly area snow last year (not much).
Im up against a decision to spend đź’°for an extended warranty now or roll the dice on repairs.
good luck reaching your decision. I understand the emotional attachment to it so try to put that aside the best ya can.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My advice would be to buy it, drive it for a month, and then sell it for a profit. Strong demand for a Bronvo spec'd like yours. Better that you take the profits then your dealer.
Great idea until you get T-Boned at an intersection and it takes 6 months to get parts while you're making payments.

OP, sorry for your issues but it's not worth overextending yourself for material things. Pay for the basement and move on, they make new cars every day. You'll sleep much better without the stress.

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your house troubles. I agree with Black_Stallion13, if a few thousand dollars makes this purchase a strain on your finances, you were not in a financial position for buying a Bronco. The Bronco is a want, not a need. Take care of yourself, your family, and your house. If you need transportation, get something practical. I have adequate resources to purchase my new Bronco but still question why I'm spending $45k for a vehicle I don't need. My plan is to purchase it, drive it stock for a month or two, then decide if its a fit. The new Bronco will need to be: as special as my 1994 Bronco is to me, satisfy my off-road needs & tow behind my motorhome as well as my Jeep, and lastly, not piss me off too much with the limited range on fuel (2-door). If the boxes get checked, I'll accessorize it to my liking, sell the jeep, and enjoy the heck out of it. If it doesn't meet or exceed my expectations, I will sell it. Good luck to you, whatever you decide.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already been said… but there is nothing worse than worrying about money. And if your Bronco puts you in a situation where you aren’t financially sound, then it’s going to be a curse rather than a blessing. Don’t make the Bronco a curse.

If your dealer is charging MSRP with all of the price protections, it may make sense to buy the Bronco, and trade it in for a (potentially used) lower trim Bronco at another dealer. You’d still get a Bronco that way, and probably make some money on the trade which could be used to help repair the basement.

BUT, it may be a terrible idea, I obviously don’t fully understand the situation you’re in. Either way, don’t make the Bronco a curse, you’ll regret it. I’ve made cars a curse in the past and it took me years to recover from that mistake.

LionFury23

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought the same thing when I bought mine. The finances were over my budget. I decided to go for it and buy it now because I know the price would be worse in the future. I waited 2.5 years and was price protected. My logic was if I feel at anytime that the payments are overwhelming, I could always sell it and break even or maybe prophet a little. I made the right decision and loving it!
I was in a similar situation. My Bronco came at the time when my wife and I were renovating our home. I told my wife if financially it becomes difficult we can always sell it. I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad we made the decision to purchase it.

Sponsored

geargeek

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco HE, 21 Bronco Sport BL
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My advice would be to buy it, drive it for a month, and then sell it for a profit. Strong demand for a Bronvo spec'd like yours. Better that you take the profits then your dealer.
^^ What he said! ^^

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell it and make some money! This is not a money problem at all. Plenty of people willing to pay a little over MSRP to get a brand new bronco.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
After waiting 3 years for my badlands sas. with lux, and reordering 3 times and thinking I was never going to see it but finally made it through with a 2023 model. The day before it arrives the basement floods and now I have to spend the bronco money on repairs. Financial it no longer makes sense. Dealer gave me to Tuesday to decide and has been absolutely great but I don’t know what to do. I’ve waiting so long to not do it but don’t want to be in any financial trouble. Getting it for a great price but still not a great situation. Anyways. Just screaming into the void. Take a look. She is beautiful don’t you think?

FC673FFE-7F7D-45E5-9C79-B17A703DA44F.jpeg

D507595B-946C-4C04-A31C-80AEEF80A108.jpeg

74CEFA7E-5737-4ED6-A562-B97E9FF540AB.jpeg
According to some on this site, you could buy it and flip it for about $20k profit. I wouldn't take that chance personally. The car market and the economy in general are not heading in a positive direction. That's a sweet 4 door for sure and only you know what your priorities are or what they should be!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if the Bronco had come 2 months earlier?
How would you have dealt with this situation?
What if you buy it now and the next "incident" occurs that needs a few grand thrown at it?
How is the supposed coming recession going to effect your income/job?

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to read this.
Garth Brooks… Thank God for Unanswered Prayers. Imagine you getting the Bronco and then you had the flood. At least now, you have an option to steer clear. Bronco will be around later.
Sponsored