Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that finally a few americans have learned to somewhat handle a stick, automatic gearboxes are far superior. American manual-lovers are too late to the party.
..... or, Americans have been loving the auto for far longer than Europeans, even when it wasn't superior.
We tend to do things Europeans are unable to do. .... abandon manuals, travel through space, walk on the moon, halt Germany's march towards world conquest .... twice.

;);) All in jest my friend.
I'm off to the doctors now, with my entire life's savings, cause I have an earache.
Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now that finally a few americans have learned to somewhat handle a stick, automatic gearboxes are far superior. American manual-lovers are too late to the party.
Too late? I dd a car that was produced in the last 6 years that was built with no auto option. Manual only. There's still hope

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..... or, Americans have been loving the auto for far longer than Europeans, even when it wasn't superior.
We tend to do things Europeans are unable to do. .... abandon manuals, travel through space, walk on the moon, halt Germany's march towards world conquest .... twice.

;);) All in jest my friend.
I'm off to the doctors now, with my entire life's savings, cause I have an earache.
Shoulda been a union electrician. :p

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoulda been a union electrician. :p
Lol! Do I know you , or did I bring it up before?
IBEW Local 531

Health care and retirement are way on the bottom of my list of worries.
But I have much empathy for those who are not as fortunate as me.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol! Do I know you , or did I bring it up before?
IBEW Local 531

Health care and retirement are way on the bottom of my list of worries.
But I have much empathy for those who are not as fortunate as me.
I saw you post you were an electrician on a large project. Local 6 here.

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is not "almost the same thing". It's a totally different thing.
Thank you Captain Obvious!
Ford Bronco The gripe thread. Obviously

BTW: Captain Obvious is a fictional TV commercial character and a sarcastic title for someone who states the obvious.
And given that automatic transmissions are an American (North and South) creation... you are welcome.
That being said, just because something may be faster or more fuel efficient doesn't mean it's better. I submit that a slow, fuel efficient car is more fun with a manual transmission.
I'm glad to hear that you are happy with technology that we grew up with, but is new to you. Maybe in a few decades Norwegians will again have an appreciation for manual transmissions.

Med vennlig hilsen.

All in fun. Sincerely wish you the best. ...And that you're wrong on a manual Bronco.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are we debating which transmission is fastest? We all know the fastest car in the world is a rental car....
I don't know about fastest, but the vehicle most likely to help you live out your Grand Theft Auto fantasies is a rental.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My gripe for this thread is that Ford canceled/postponed the reveal. C'mon, Ford!
I'm hoping we'll still get something next week, if not a live reveal!

Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please Leak some more photos to hold us over.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

whats taking so long....

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like everything i'm seeing. Only one complaint no SFA. The down payment ive been saving for the past three years will likely go elsewhere without it. Im still holding out hope for a future special edition.
Same boat here. Without the SFA it's dead to me, it's just another mall crawler SUV. Don't need any of that, plenty of other independent suspension pavement bound vehicles out there.

This justification always cracks me up. Once YOU own an auto that’s faster than this, you can use that as your justification. Until then, there are PLENTY of manuals out there faster than your slushbox

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dragtimes.com/blog/worlds-fastest-7-second-dsm/amp

Also, this is a Bronco we’re talking about... who gives a fuck how much faster it can go down a 1/4 mile
Well, until manuals are faster than autos, manuals are slower than autos. Your pile of shit crank walking DSM would get demolished by the fastest mod motor... with an auto:

So much for that brilliant theory.

In mustangs, the 6r80 and 10r80 are a helluva lot faster than the weak ass MT82. Not to mention, driving a manual that's made to hold up to 4 digits power is absolutely garbage. My 10s mustang would have broken many MT82s if it wasn't for my bullet proof slush box; and it would have been slower in the process.

Who’s worked up? I’m just talking facts... if you’re not faster than the fastest manual, then that means there are manuals faster than you... in other words, “autos are faster” is a load of shit because there’s most certainly a manual faster than your slushbox ?
You stated a 7 second manual is the fastest car on earth because in your knowledge there is no automatic car faster than that.

It's not. It's slow. Especially for an all out race car. There are faster autos and that's the end of that idiotic argument. There are automatic 8s cars that are perfectly streetable ffs.

Manuals are fun, but they just don't perform.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, it's true. Only in this last generation of cars over the last 5-10 years basically, but the modern torque converter autos like the ZF 8 speed and the GM/Ford 10 speed are faster than a manual trans, in a straight line OR around a track with corners. They shift really really quick and have more gears so can keep the engine in the power band more. Dual clutch is even better still.

Used to be that the torque converter auto you would give up a couple mpg and a little time 0-60 because you lost some power to the torque converter that you didn't in the manual. Nowadays it's the other way around.
Yep... The 6R80 shifts, slow, but the 10R80 is much quicker... almost ZF 8 quick, but not quite. A stock hellcat in track mode shifts insanely hard and quick.
Sponsored