Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Nickp just disengage, man. He's here to rant about all of his preconceived notions and biases about how the world is changing and he doesn't like it. There is no discussion to be had.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not exactly sure how we got here but holy f&*k what is all this hate? Bronco is not an SUV... You mean a Sport Utility Vehicle? Kinda looks like it'll fit that bill. And personally I'm a Bronco fan from the 80's on... So I guess I drove a Wagon (according to the state of NJ). My dream would've been for Ford to just re-release a 96 Bronco with a 351 under the hood. But that's not happening.
Then we move on to not wanting tech, yet I was in a thread a few days ago where most everyone needed a God damn heated steering wheel... Like WTF? LoL
So let me say this, if the new Bronco has power windows, power door locks and HOPEFULLY a starting price below $30k, then I'm good. No I don't need the touchscreen, but at same time that's not going to turn me off of it. And I agree, Base models should be standard but I don't see any dealers rocking base models of anything anymore.
So let's all agree to disagree. Either you'll buy a Bronco or you won't. And neither side will persuade the other side to think differently.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Craziest thing! Turns out Ford isn't making this truck just to satisfy people who need a utility truck. Instead there doing it to make boat loads of money. You can still buy an old used and capable utility truck for much less. Bonus: no doodads
I have a 17' GT350..it's all business..mechanical gauges and tach and such, but it still has some electronic gadgets too like entertainment touch screen..I'm hoping Bronco is similar but I think it will have a digital dash

Reactions: Jdc

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh Christ, here we go again... the people who think a startup animation is going to make the Bronco go from a sandrail to a fucking Honda Civic

here’s the bottom line; the vehicle will not perform ANY differently whether it has a 20” holographic touchscreen or an AM radio with an 8 track player. Fact of the matter is that the touchscreen is simply better and will appeal to a more broad audience. If you really don’t like it, then go grab a can of black spray paint and fucking paint over it so you can’t see it :eyeroll:

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always think of this video when people talk about new cars vs old cars
The one thing I liked about the 59 was the windshield flew away from the vehicle wilth the new car it caved towards the person. But other than that...interesting to see the dummy in the 59

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude what in the actual fuck are you talking about?? SUV’s have encompassed a broad range of vehicles for almost 3 decades now. One of the most popular SUV’s ever (RAV4) is exactly what you’re talking about; but that “devolved” 25 years ago. SUV’s if anything have only gotten better. Sure the more car-like ones are definitely more on-road focused than in the past. But the modern off-roaders (Wrangler, 4Runner, Land Rover Defender, Bronco) are WAY more capable than the vehicles that preceded them.
Well let's see what Ford delivers. For example, we don't know yet for sure the suspension travel, off-road behavior and user adjustability of the new front IFS. We'll find out soon in which ways it's better/worse than EB and other vintage rigs, and also against newer 4x4s.

And the new "Defender"? Top and doors no longer come off, a significant feature loss for some folks. (Show stopper for me.) Ford lost that feature after 1977, and has taken 40 years to finally regain that capability.

Back when the "utility" part of SUV had greater emphasis, Jeeps and other 4x4s had all manner of utility features that new SUVs no longer offer. It's interesting to look back at some of the stuff offered. With earlier CJs and Series Land Rovers you could even farm with them using various implements and the power takeoffs. I'd be surprised if the new Bronco offers a PTO, it simply will not have that level of utility.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two words:

OK Boomer

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The defender has lost it’s doors and roof coming off which is a loss for sure. It’s still an extremely capable off-road vehicle and has some better numbers than the Wrangler in several ways.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't have grand kids. Thats why I'm getting a two door bronco with rear seat delete or its getting thrown out, and if i did have grand kids they would know enough to respect their elders
I want a nice looking dashboard, not a screen in the middle of everything, I don't want necessary complication in a utility vehicle.I don't live in my car or eat in it and try to do everything in life at the drive through.I rather have a place to put my gun than a cup holder.

There are more elegant solutions to that stupid screen. after a few years of it being subjected to sunshine when the top is off, sand etc whats it going to look like?
Almost the same, they type do screens nowadays don't really do that unless you left it on the hottest of days in broad sunlight for a few days to even weeks. Besides most will never ever even take the roof or even the doors off. Also you will never see a vehicle that cost more that 20k without a screen, there's being realistic and then there's you