First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure if you should take my advice but, keep everything until your driveway is full… then get a storage a fill that up too.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you think 11 years for the 4Runner was a long time don’t go looking at the Tundra. It was something like 16+. I traded my Limited TRD packaged Inferno in for my Wildtrak. I do not regret it one but. I’m enjoying the Wildtrak. The only thing I’ll miss is the bed for storage on long road trips. The Wildtrak doesn’t come close to storage capacity. I’d say get the Bronco.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing wrong with owning three vehicles between the two of you (or owning three yourself). The only thing that matters is that your wife is onboard with your decision (not just okay with it but happy about it).

Lots of familes have a pickup as a third vehicle. It's that or a two seater convertible.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I traded off an ‘17 F250 for the Bronco. I do have a utility trailer tho. Then bronco can haul anything in the trailer that I would have put in my 250. Don’t get hung up on the truck stuff when a $1500 trailer can solve that issue. For us we have already and intend to use our bronco’s off road so I gave up the truck.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While you believe you have 'upgraded' your truck, it would take a special buyer to give you even half of that cost over the current value of a stock F-150. Essentially, you are likely going to eat most or all of that $10K if you trade or sell it.

Consider it an additional cost on top of the Bronco. You already have the 4Runner, that covers your SUV needs. As the Bronco is, and let's be realistic, a toy, the question really becomes do you need a truck or want a toy?

There is no wrong answer, but that is the actual question you need to ask yourself.

The Toyota will tow a decent amount and you did not mention that need, so it then becomes do you need or want an open bed vehicle or a toy.

If you don't use your truck bed but a couple times a year (you could rent or borrow the couple times you do), then go Bronco. If you use the truck as a truck every month or more, keep it.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While you believe you have 'upgraded' your truck, it would take a special buyer to give you even half of that cost over the current value of a stock F-150. Essentially, you are likely going to eat most or all of that $10K if you trade or sell
While normally mods are usually looked down upon in the used market. Today is a different story. I know a guy that just sold his 2016 Tundra with over 110k miles on it and it was lifted and a couple other mods and he got way over market value for it. The dealership couldn’t wait to get it listed on their site and flip it.
The world has changed and what we used to know is gone. The market is completely different now.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the f150 and skip the bronco if you have to. Bronco is useless for pretty much everything. Scratches way to easy on the inside, no room, no tow capacity, gas mileage blows. F150 is way more dependable and usable.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have my Bronco and Two F-150s. Keep all 3!

99Cruiser

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 & 200 Series Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Base
That truck is sweet. I almost bought the same one new in 2018, F150 XLT 5.0 with sport package and FX4 in the same color. I test drove it over a weekend. I should have bought it since it was $51k sticker and they were selling it for $35k after $3k of Ford consumer cash. No deals like that anymore. You may regret trading in the truck since you spent time and money getting it to the current state. However, if you really want that Bronco, now is the time to sell your truck since prices are still high.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Translation please : "then get a storage a fill that up too."?
Translation: If you have more cars than driveway, find another place to store the extra cars.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$40K EASY on trade in here in central VA. That's just going from dealer sales / auctions. The right dealer (volume) you could probably get more than that.

OP
OP
Jwwolfe1977

Jwwolfe1977

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bronco was delivered on june 10th. The wife and i decided to just keep all 3. Loving it! My truck is sad because it doesnt get any attention now.
Ford Bronco To trade, keep, or have both? 20220716_161333

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same problem about keeping my 2016 jeep cherokee trailhawk or trading it in when my Bronco comes in because I have a lifetime warranty on it that you can't get anymore .
Sponsored