Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use their universal mounting kit for it and it should do just fine! The guys up there have done the install on our rack before so they should know how it should be done!
Awesome thank you!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered my 4dr with wind deflector 40” light bar capable today. Very excited. I am switching from GOBI for several reasons but mostly cuz your rack is lower and has nice integrated accessory mounts. This rack WILL enable me to get into my garage with a Freespirit Evolution 2 RTT that is 9.5” tall.

Question: Is the gap between the crossbars and the main side rails consistent and what is the dimension? Have you considered adding steel mesh to the top of the crossbars so a person could climb up and walk on the top surface? Or another concept??

9A7C1A3E-6EC3-40D1-9D5F-33960072A0AA.jpeg
That gap from the 90 degree bend to the cross members is just under half an inch and is consistent across the entire rack. We have not considered it as it is unneeded material, money spent, and weight added onto your rack, walking across the rack is possible but please be aware of weight load ratings.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes and no, both have pros and cons. The best is to load on the cross members as it best distributes the weight across the rack. We are working on an extremely low profile mount for the GFC RTT shortly which will mount to the edges of the side panels.
Now you have my attention as I have the GFC V2 RTT and was trying to figure out how to mount to your rack. I bought the GFC aftermarket rack crossbars but am still not sure they will raise it enough to clear that gap between the racks cross members and the horizontal side panel. I’m guessing the crossbars will need to sit on top of the horizontal side panel

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 2BABD8C7-6FEA-4364-8DF6-41912816466E

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco C24E0C1F-5A32-44E3-A9D9-60163E98BE31

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now you have my attention as I have the GFC V2 RTT and was trying to figure out how to mount to your rack. I bought the GFC aftermarket rack crossbars but am still not sure they will raise it enough to clear that gap between the racks cross members and the horizontal side panel. I’m guessing the crossbars will need to sit on top of the horizontal side panel

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco C24E0C1F-5A32-44E3-A9D9-60163E98BE31

Great question! So our rack spans width of about 48". The aftermarket crossmembers you have from GFC should be about 54" wide, mount these to our 90 degree bend in the side panels for 2-3 cross members from GFC. This should span the weight across the rack properly. If you have anymore questions let us know!

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi @TrailRax, I think I finally decided never to put on a soft top again after this winter. Which means I’ll be getting your rack for my 2 door.

I love the roof lights I have right now (RTR light bar with project X lights), which brings me to my question:
If I drill into your non-light front wind deflector, do you think I could mount the mounting brackets from the RTR light bar i have? Do you think there’s enough clearance behind the wind deflector to clear the space needed for the bolts/nuts?

i'd like to keep the 'low' placement of the lights regarding the windshield. any chance of getting exact measurements of that wind deflector? and possibly a photo of the space behind it while installed?

IMG_8462.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8464.jpg

IMG_8468.jpg

IMG_8469.jpg

IMG_8470.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi @TrailRax, I think I finally decided never to put on a soft top again after this winter. Which means I’ll be getting your rack for my 2 door.

I love the roof lights I have right now (RTR light bar with project X lights), which brings me to my question:
If I drill into your non-light front wind deflector, do you think I could mount the mounting brackets from the RTR light bar i have? Do you think there’s enough clearance behind the wind deflector to clear the space needed for the bolts/nuts?

i'd like to keep the 'low' placement of the lights regarding the windshield. any chance of getting exact measurements of that wind deflector? and possibly a photo of the space behind it while installed?

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8470

Hello! we have not had any customers try this, What we would recommend is pulling the U brackets off that are the individual light brackets and place them on our standard deflector before you drill holes, see if that fits, if it does great, otherwise it is possible for sure.

We do not have exact measurements to give you but we do know that you can likely use the hardware for the wind deflector for these lights keeping it easy.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still in the process of installing my TRMR rack on my 2-door and did an exploratory purchase at McMaster-Carr to see the largest and most robust mounting hardware I can use with/on the TrailRax. Hopefully my experiment will help some other folks out in time, money and frustration.

What worked:

• 93180A911 - 316 Stainless Steel Square-Neck Carriage Bolt Super-Corrosion-Resistant M6 x 1 mm Thread, 20 mm Long, Packs of 10. This is a very tight fit and the tolerances of the carriage bolt are not exact, so about 1 in 10 wouldn't fit in the track:
    • 92356A628p1-b01-digitall@4x_637042398395001295.png
  • 94205A250 - 316 Stainless Steel Nylon-Insert Locknut, M6 x 1 mm Thread, DIN 985, Packs of 50.
    • 94205a290-@halfx_637691222151272901.png
  • 3061T26 - 316 Stainless Steel Oval Eye Nut - for Lifting, M6 x 1 Thread Size. I test fitted this one and seemed a little loose, I think using a washer and blue thread lock would work here. YMMV.
    • 3019t18p1-e01g-@4x_637049970629752230.png
  • 47065T226 - T-slotted Framing. Drop-in Nut with Spring Loaded Ball, 1/4"-20 Thread Size. These allow you to drop these in through the top of the track (meaning you don't have to take off the side brackets and slide something in. The one caveat to this is the bolt is 9/16" which means it sticks up rather much, so you'll need something thick to get a tight fit, they do have 1/2" size that I will try out as it's 11% shorter.
    • -digital-master1570138795-p9@4x_637057359503655131.png

Did NOT Fit:

• 3136N399 - T-slotted Framing, Drop-in Hammer Nut, Button Head, 30mm High Rail, M6 Size
  • 5537T72 - T-slotted Framing, Drop-in Hammer Nut with Button Head, 1/4"-20 Thread Size
  • 6000N312 - T-slotted Framing Fasteners, Drop-in Spring Loaded Ball Nut, Stainless Steel M6

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still in the process of installing my TRMR rack on my 2-door and did an exploratory purchase at McMaster-Carr to see the largest and most robust mounting hardware I can use with/on the TrailRax. Hopefully my experiment will help some other folks out in time, money and frustration.

What worked:

• 93180A911- 316 Stainless Steel Square-Neck Carriage Bolt Super-Corrosion-Resistant M6 x 1 mm Thread, 20 mm Long, Packs of 10. This is a very tight fit and the tolerances of the carriage bolt are not exact, so about 1 in 10 wouldn't fit in the track:
    • 92356A628p1-b01-digitall@4x_637042398395001295.png
  • 94205A250- 316 Stainless Steel Nylon-Insert Locknut, M6 x 1 mm Thread, DIN 985, Packs of 50.
    • 94205a290-@halfx_637691222151272901.png
  • 3061T26- 316 Stainless Steel Oval Eye Nut - for Lifting, M6 x 1 Thread Size. I test fitted this one and seemed a little loose, I think using a washer and blue thread lock would work here. YMMV.
    • 3019t18p1-e01g-@4x_637049970629752230.png
  • 47065T226 - T-slotted Framing. Drop-in Nut with Spring Loaded Ball, 1/4"-20 Thread Size. These allow you to drop these in through the top of the track (meaning you don't have to take off the side brackets and slide something in. The one caveat to this is the bolt is 9/16" which means it sticks up rather much, so you'll need something thick to get a tight fit, they do have 1/2" size that I will try out as it's 11% shorter.
    • -digital-master1570138795-p9@4x_637057359503655131.png

Did NOT Fit:

• 3136N399 - T-slotted Framing, Drop-in Hammer Nut, Button Head, 30mm High Rail, M6 Size
  • 5537T72 - T-slotted Framing, Drop-in Hammer Nut with Button Head, 1/4"-20 Thread Size
  • 6000N312 - T-slotted Framing Fasteners, Drop-in Spring Loaded Ball Nut, Stainless Steel M6
Hey,

Just as a note, the TSLOTS is fractional size so 1/4-20 hardware will fit. The channel is .26"

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello! we have not had any customers try this, What we would recommend is pulling the U brackets off that are the individual light brackets and place them on our standard deflector before you drill holes, see if that fits, if it does great, otherwise it is possible for sure.

We do not have exact measurements to give you but we do know that you can likely use the hardware for the wind deflector for these lights keeping it easy.
ok. I'll try and post to show what happens.

anyone have photos of a 2 door with the half rack from trailrax?

@emulous74 , why did you have to buy all that extra hardware?

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1) I'm assuming that if all fails miserably, i could always re-purchase just the wind deflector by itself?

2) also, anyone have photos of a 2 door with the half rack from trailrax?

3) @emulous74 , why did you have to buy all that extra hardware?
1) Yes absolutely. try using existing holes first.

2) we have not released pictures of the 2 door half rack yet but it is in the works.

3) all hardware is provided that is needed to install, we believe this was for accessories or additional hardware for mounting accessories to the rack. We are happy to ask questions to make this process easier, just message us!

Sponsored

Kilroy

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma 2005 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I took delivery of my Bronco Raptor in October 2022 and order a @TrailRax system in November 2022. Finally had it installed in January 2023 and we are currently on a road trip from San Diego to Salt Lake City UT for some snowboarding. When we got to SLC I noticed and issue with the rack (most likely error by the installer) and reached out to @TrailRax. They said I could just send the wind guard back and they would send me another one….I would just have to pay for the shipping. I looked up their address and went by their shop unannounced. They looked at it and said to pull my Bronco into their new shop and they changed out the wind screen in 10 minutes. We spoke with a couple guys there and they told us a couple stories while we waited, checked out their company Bronco and then we were on our way. A great company / product with great people working there….thanks again for helping us. And if you are on the fence about which roof rack to buy….you don’t need to look any further.

PS…do not over-tighten the bolts when installing the rack.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I took delivery of my Bronco Raptor in October 2022 and order a @TrailRax system in November 2022. Finally had it installed in January 2023 and we are currently on a road trip from San Diego to Salt Lake City UT for some snowboarding. When we got to SLC I noticed and issue with the rack (most likely error by the installer) and reached out to @TrailRax. They said I could just send the wind guard back and they would send me another one….I would just have to pay for the shipping. I looked up their address and went by their shop unannounced. They looked at it and said to pull my Bronco into their new shop and they changed out the wind screen in 10 minutes. We spoke with a couple guys there and they told us a couple stories while we waited, checked out their company Bronco and then we were on our way. A great company / product with great people working there….thanks again for helping us. And if you are on the fence about which roof rack to buy….you don’t need to look any further.

PS…do not over-tighten the bolts when installing the rack.
It was awesome meeting you! We are glad we could help and we hope your ski trip was great! Awesome Bronco Raptor by the way!

Last edited:

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

anyone have photos of a 2 door with the half rack from trailrax?

@emulous74 , why did you have to buy all that extra hardware?
Yes, it's for adding additional accessories for the rack. I have an 80/20 rack on my trailer so I knew I would need to have all the extra hardware laying around when I want to mount something and not wait a week for the parts to come in.

I had to create a semi-custom bracket to mount my Rigid Lightbar and used 4 M6 Carriage bolts to do so. When I want to mount my kayak brackets, shower room brackets and additional lighting I will need all of this hardware.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_0965-X2

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Announcement March 7th 2023!
Hello friends! We wanted to take this time to thank everyone for the support and business as our brand is growing! We have set a goal for ourselves this year to minimize and eliminate lead times on our products as we respect and value our customer's time. We wanted to first thank you all for the business and support that we have received from the Bronco community and our plans for more Bronco products are forever expanding as this community is so fun to work with. As we try to accomplish our goals, we will of course be running into some obstacles.

Our main goal is to eliminate all of our lead times and make our products
available at moments notice for our customers. Unfortunately, our inventory on hand has quickly sold out before our new inventory has made it in, which was projected to get us to April. This is an amazing problem to have but it makes it look like we are not fulfilling our promise. We are doing everything we can to stock the products for you! Our 4 door TRMR Racks will be on backorder and have a lead time of about 4 weeks which is definitely shorter than our past backorders. We will do our best to plan for these crazy volume of orders so that we can be better prepared as we grow.

All of our 4 door TRMR racks are currently sold out as of today (March 7th, 2023), yes we plan to get them back in stock! We plan to open them for preorders of the new batch of inventory coming in shortly. Stay tuned! Once again, thank you for the support and business from the whole team at TrailRax. Welcome to the TrailRax Crew, we are so excited to have you.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 65EFA318-F694-47C6-93AF-9CAB4991B690_1_105_c

For those who skipped this, It's okay! Our 4 door TRMR Racks are out of stock quicker than we imagined and we are working to get them back in stock as fast as we can! Thanks for the support!
Sponsored