Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Preorders go live tomorrow! Enjoy 10% OFF the preorder!

We are planning to have your orders shipped out in late July, or early August. They will be sent out in the order they were received. We look forward to serving all of you. This has been an amazing project and everyone's input throughout the design has helped us create an amazing product that we truly believe will be a favorite amongst all of you. Stay wild, we got some pretty crazy content and more coming to the Bronco community.

TrailRax.com

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco DSC04054.JPEG

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is by far the best roof rack I've seen. Great job on the design and capabilities this offers. Kind of a bummer, though, I just installed my 40" light bar on the roof yesterday! Hoping it fits, as it's a dual row LED light bar.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Preorders go live tomorrow! Enjoy 10% OFF the preorder!

We are planning to have your orders shipped out in late July, or early August. They will be sent out in the order they were received. We look forward to serving all of you. This has been an amazing project and everyone's input throughout the design has helped us create an amazing product that we truly believe will be a favorite amongst all of you. Stay wild, we got some pretty crazy content and more coming to the Bronco community.

TrailRax.com

Send it!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is by far the best roof rack I've seen. Great job on the design and capabilities this offers. Kind of a bummer, though, I just installed my 40" light bar on the roof yesterday! Hoping it fits, as it's a dual row LED light bar.
It should fit! the single rows are something we recommend because they were specifically designed to sit 2-3 mm below the top of the rack (the top face of the extrusions) so the lightbar does not intrude on anything you put on the rack. The dual row will work but only have the setback of not being slim line and sitting below the roof rack.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It should fit! the single rows are something we recommend because they were specifically designed to sit 2-3 mm below the top of the rack (the top face of the extrusions) so the lightbar does not intrude on anything you put on the rack. The dual row will work but only have the setback of not being slim line and sitting below the roof rack.
As long as I can fit in my garage, I don't care. Didn't build my rig to be streamlined!

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you guys ever consider building a soft top rack? Your features and construction look great!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as I can fit in my garage, I don't care. Didn't build my rig to be streamlined!
If you have a safe 4" above your bronco from the center of the hardtop, you will have no problem. the roof rack only adds 3.85" to the top of the rack. 4" is the safest bet though. Hope this helps

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you have a safe 4" above your bronco from the center of the hardtop, you will have no problem. the roof rack only adds 3.85" to the top of the rack. 4" is the safest bet though. Hope this helps
Very helpful. I'll find out later tonight. The only other thing I need from you is limb risers to use with my Trailrax trailsight mounts. Still haven't found any good options!

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Still torn on whether to do the light or not. I already have LP9’s that are bright AF and will be removing the top often. Not sure if I want to deal with the the electrical connection etc. 🤔

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still torn on whether to do the light or not. I already have LP9’s that are bright AF and will be removing the top often. Most sure if I want to deal with the the electrical connection etc. 🤔
Totally up to you and it is an upgradable option in the future. You can start off with the standard deflector and upgrade to the 40" cut-out later if you see a need for the Heretic bar. Heretic has made it really easy to install it to the already wired portion of the Bronco so all you need to do is splice and connect the ends by the Passenger A pillar.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally up to you and it is an upgradable option in the future. You can start off with the standard deflector and upgrade to the 40" cut-out later if you see a need for the Heretic bar. Heretic has made it really easy to install it to the already wired portion of the Bronco so all you need to do is splice and connect the ends by the Passenger A pillar.
Good to know. I’m going standard for now then.

Jpdisco

Badlands
First Name
Jean-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As Promised, we wanted to show off our new roof rack that we plan to offer in conjunction or as an add-on to our Bronco Pak Rax!

After trying to work with the Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack, we noticed a lot of inconsistency from Ford on their new OEM roof rack. While it is a great option from the factory for a roof rack, it did not offer the stability and strength we were looking for to work with. The housings for the most part are plastic which is fine for a roof rack that is rated to 150lbs roughly. We wanted to add more and give the end-user more confidence when carrying more weight especially since the Bronco is engineered for a faster-paced off-road experience. We also noticed the cost of what it would be per Pak Rax to make Ford's clamp system in metal for better stability and structure which means in turn we will lose customers due to the high price. We decided to take the original file and create a simplified version that still offers the strength and modularity our Pak Rax usually offers.

Presales will go live sometime in June 2022 // Delivery of Presale orders will be end of July or early August 2022

These are the attributes we focused on as we designed the roof rack and Pak Rax together for the Ford Bronco:
  • Higher weight capacity
  • Easy install
  • Wind deflector to minimize a ton of wind noise issues
  • Cutouts for high-performance Heretic Studio lights
  • All Aluminum construction to avoid any rust
  • Low profile to fit in garages and more
  • Offer the ability to remove the Hardtop panels
Spec's:
overall height added to your Bronco- 3.9" from the center of the hardtop or 3.3" from the highest point of the hardtop (outer edges).

TrailRax.com

Pictured below is the 4 door model with Pak Rax:

Pictured below is the 2 door model with Pak Rax:

Website says 500 pounds max. Can this hold a iKamper style tent plus 2-3 people?
Btw I have no idea how much the the roof top tents weigh.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Website says 500 pounds max. Can this hold a iKamper style tent plus 2-3 people?
Btw I have no idea how much the the roof top tents weigh.
It should! We are waiting for full confirmation right now which should come back from our engineering team that is working on a software that tells us what the actual weight rating can be verified at. At this time, the rating on the website of this response is what we are confident in saying right now. We plan to see an increase in that number next week once we get the verification from our software being used.

Omyleg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should! We are waiting for full confirmation right now which should come back from our engineering team that is working on a software that tells us what the actual weight rating can be verified at. At this time, the rating on the website of this response is what we are confident in saying right now. We plan to see an increase in that number next week once we get the verification from our software being used.
Is that rating with the Pak Rax or simply the rack?
Sponsored