First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have plans for a sale! Join our mailing list to be first to know.

Rats... I purchased the rack earlier this week JUST saw the newsletter get sent to me for limited time 10% off. Rack should be arriving today
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Half rack with pak rax is sold out, will there be more before the sale ends?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Half rack with pak rax is sold out, will there be more before the sale ends?
Please give us a call and we can help you out with this!

maybeoneday

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I foolishly bought a yakima t-slot adapter for my fatcat ski rack thinking it would be compatible with the trailrax slots which sure enough it wasn't the same type of T slot.

Any suggestions on how I can convert the universal clamps from a yakima fatcat to utilize the tslots on the rack?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I foolishly bought a yakima t-slot adapter for my fatcat ski rack thinking it would be compatible with the trailrax slots which sure enough it wasn't the same type of T slot.

Any suggestions on how I can convert the universal clamps from a yakima fatcat to utilize the tslots on the rack?
Because Yakima uses larger hardware with their slots, there is not a way we know of to do this.

Sponsored

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can you grind down the t-slot adapter to fit? I believe the extrusion takes 1/4-20 t-nut but maybe @TrailRax can confirm. I’m sure you could run a bolt into one of those to secure it.

Another option that would probably work.

https://yakima.com/products/fatcat-universal-mount

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roof rack arrived yesterday morning and installed it. Incredible job with packing! This package could have survived a hurricane and the worst disgruntled UPS driver! I read a previous post about missing hardware, but everything was included, packaged and labeled nicely.

I did the install by myself, but I would recommend a second person to help lift the rack on the roof. If you are solo and cannot find another set of hands, I ended up using my DIY ratchet strap hoist in my garage for my hardtop to slowly raise up the rack and place it on the roof. It took time, but with blankets on the roof and a lot of patience, I was able to get it on there with no issues. I found the PDF instructions on the website to be very good and had no issues, the video on your YT channel was a little confusing for me, but may be more helpful for someone else.

Overall, it was a fairly easy install, it was just time consuming to install all the parts. The rack itself is incredibly high quality and strong and I couldnt be more happy.

It does pick up a little more wind noise and has a slight whistle at higher speeds. I have the lightbar wind deflector cut out, but no lightbar installed yet as well as nothing mounted on top of the rack. The whistling I imagine could go away with one, or both of those installed on the rack. Overall, not a deal breaker to me, these broncos are already pretty loud driving down the road.

Thanks @TrailRax for an amazing product, very happy with it and incredible shipping and handling time.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof rack arrived yesterday morning and installed it. Incredible job with packing! This package could have survived a hurricane and the worst disgruntled UPS driver! I read a previous post about missing hardware, but everything was included, packaged and labeled nicely.

I did the install by myself, but I would recommend a second person to help lift the rack on the roof. If you are solo and cannot find another set of hands, I ended up using my DIY ratchet strap hoist in my garage for my hardtop to slowly raise up the rack and place it on the roof. It took time, but with blankets on the roof and a lot of patience, I was able to get it on there with no issues. I found the PDF instructions on the website to be very good and had no issues, the video on your YT channel was a little confusing for me, but may be more helpful for someone else.

Overall, it was a fairly easy install, it was just time consuming to install all the parts. The rack itself is incredibly high quality and strong and I couldnt be more happy.

It does pick up a little more wind noise and has a slight whistle at higher speeds. I have the lightbar wind deflector cut out, but no lightbar installed yet as well as nothing mounted on top of the rack. The whistling I imagine could go away with one, or both of those installed on the rack. Overall, not a deal breaker to me, these broncos are already pretty loud driving down the road.

Thanks @TrailRax for an amazing product, very happy with it and incredible shipping and handling time.
We appreciate your kind words! We are glad to hear you are happy with your rack! Once you get a light bar in that cutout, it will reduce the wind noise significantly!

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did my install by myself, what made it easier for me was I assembled the whole rack on top of the roof. Didn’t have to do any lifting of the rack on to the roof.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_0635
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco DSC_0147

Last edited:

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did my install by myself, what made it easier for me was I assembled the whole rack on top of the roof. Didn’t have to do any lifting of the rack on to the roof.

What T-Nuts did you do to mount the GFC RTT?

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I used 1/4”-20 x 1” carriage bolts and the aftermarket roof rack mounting bars that GFC sells.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used 1/4”-20 x 1” carriage bolts and the aftermarket roof rack mounting bars that GFC sells.
Thanks man. Hopefully I can find some around here!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like these guys used the GFC universal mounting kit, they most likely used 1/4-20 carriage bolts to mount the mount to the rack, from there, mounted the tent to GFC's universal mount. If you are trying to do that, we recommend our HD tent mounts for a stable and strong structure to hold the tent in place.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to drill holes on the aftermarket rack kit? Mine aren’t lining up evenly on the external extrusions

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to drill holes on the aftermarket rack kit? Mine aren’t lining up evenly on the external extrusions
You can drill the after market rack kit or you can mount these to our HD Tent Mounts!
Sponsored