steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TrailRecon is a Wrangler fanboy. I've never seen him do technical crawling where the Wrangler shines over the Bronco.
He built his gray Wrangler with a soft, flexy suspension, but has to convince himself how great it is to drive, even when the rest of his family hates it. I'm not hating on that Wrangler, but it just seems like the wrong suspension for the trips he takes. Er, films. Maybe he does unfilmed trips? Doubtful.

He should stick to that awesome 392. That V8 sound will keep me watching and it seems more suited for his overlanding style.

I like watching his videos. I'm getting a little tired over the same "great conversation", surprise that you can get tasty food from a chef with a nearly complete kitchen, and the constant reminding himself that he's always having a good time. Even when it's clear he's not.

I can tell he works really hard on the videos; his videography is some of the best and the story telling is good too. I'll keep watching his adventures. I hope he goes out a bit further to change up the scenes with new/different geography.
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In your experience, what were your issues with your soft top Bronco?
I had the hard top spec’d for over a year before realizing I was spending half my energy trying to make it more easily convertible. Changed to soft top, bingo presto, it’s great. The single best Bronco decision I’ve made. No, it’s not perfect, pretty sweet though.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watch his channel and enjoy most it’s content, He is definitely 100% Jeep and that’s okay.. My Bronco is better then the last 3 Jeeps I have owned… NEVER regretted getting rid of any of them…

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
He’s just like the dude that changes chicks every year or so, he’ll never be happy. He likes change. Good for him.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the hard top spec’d for over a year before realizing I was spending half my energy trying to make it more easily convertible. Changed to soft top, bingo presto, it’s great. The single best Bronco decision I’ve made. No, it’s not perfect, pretty sweet though.
I removed my hard top and tow options quickly and got my Bronco "early".
I love my soft top and am glad I got it. I pop the latches and open it to the first position all the time.
The more I read about the hard top here, the more I am thankful I removed the hard top option. I don't have a hard top, so I can't agree or disagree with anyone's opinion on it.
I can say it would be harder for me to store the front two panels in the cargo area because I have a fridge back there, but maybe there would be room for them without getting in the way of all my stuff back there?
The flip up rear glass would make it easier to access the fridge and rear cargo. I think the rear cap with a retractable soft section for the front 3 pieces might be a nice compromise. Then you could make use of it even if a roof rack is installed.
The Jeep top with the center canvas is pretty awesome, too.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In your experience, what were your issues with your soft top Bronco?
When Ford was trying there best to push the soft top on us, I went to my dealer and asked if I could spend some time looking at it. I have had jeeps for years so I knew what I was looking for. I was shocked the sides were not sealed, the overall clunkyness of the system, when fully down it completely blocks your rear view, when its half down it looks like a whale tail sticking up, in order to remove the system, panels and bolts need to be removed and it weighs a lot, access to the back while up is a slight tilt up, overall seems over engineered and on top of all that work, the side windows are wavy. After spending time with it and realizing it is almost easier with the hardtop to go topless I decided it was a no go for me. my TJ top is better, and that is as simple as they come, sometimes thats the best way to go. Don't get upset that I think this top is bad, its your Bronco, if your happy with it, rock on. For me is just not good. I love myv2 door hardtop Bronco, took the top off in just a few minutes, and will put it back on in a few minutes, love that I can pull the front panels. Love my Bronco and my Jeeps.

Last edited:

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When Ford was trying there best to push the soft top on us, I went to my dealer and asked if I could spend some time looking at it. I have had jeeps for years so I knew what I was looking for. I was shocked the sides were not sealed, the overall clunkyness of the system, when fully down it completely blocks your rear view, when its half down it looks like a whale tail sticking up, in order to remove the system, panels and bolts need to be removed and it weighs a lot, access to the back while up is a slight tilt up, overall seems over engineered and on top of all that work, the side windows are wavy. After spending time with it and realizing it is almost easier with the hardtop to go topless I decided it was a no go for me. my TJ top is better, and that is as simple as they come, sometimes thats the best way to go. Don't get upset that I think this top is bad, its your Bronco, if your happy with it, rock on. For me is just not good. I love myv2 door hardtop Bronco, took the top off in just a few minutes, and will put it back on in a few minutes, love that I can pull the front panels. Love my Bronco and my Jeeps.
I do love my soft top and glad I got it. I do agree with you that it is over engineered. It’s too heavy and clumsy to take all the way off but for the 350 days out of the year I don’t have it totally off I do love it.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was a subscriber for years, but i actually unsubbed after that one. The Powerwagon and Bronco were a breath of fresh air. The jeep stuff and the gee golly wiz what a great trip videos are just getting repetitive and now there's not much chance for change in that department.
He makes good videos and is very likable.
Jason

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't watch it

What are his thoughts on AM radio? 😆

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

his videography is some of the best and the story telling is good too.
I'd disagree with that. He doesn't use any drone shots, nothing overly cinematographic or artistic as far as editing, music score etc... Just average filming. Not knocking him. He puts out entertaining content and I've spent a ton of time watching most of his videos. I appreciate all he's done for the community. However I think having a big channel shouldn't get confused with creative videography. I've seen way more creative stuff as far as filming, editing, music score, drone shots from all kinds of small channels.

With that said he's clearly a Jeep guy. Was also funny how he was talking up the 4runner as if that can compete with the Bronco for off-roading, comfort, tech, fun to drive. I just wish he was more honest about how much better the actually Bronco drives and handles compared to the Wrangler. He kinda just shrugged that point off when it's night and day.

Last edited:

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who cares what one of the thousands of people on You tube think any way. People need to think for themselves. That guy has his opinion and so don't the other 8 or 9 billion people on the planet.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone is entitled to their opinion including him. The problem I have with his dismissing the bronco is a lack of specifics. If he lost "confidence" in it then he owes to the audience to explain why, and not just that he did. His reputation and technical credibility as a reviewer require that he make a strong case for whatever major conclusion he espouses. Sadly that was not the case here, and I find it odd that he critiqued the soft top and the plastics of the interior before he addressed the driving portion as if the driving experience was only an afterthought and not the most important part. Unfortunately for me, this review of the bronco really brought him down several notches in my opinion.