SlpybearTX

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Race Red Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone is entitled to their opinion including him. The problem I have with his dismissing the bronco is a lack of specifics. If he lost "confidence" in it then he owes to the audience to explain why, and not just that he did. His reputation and technical credibility as a reviewer require that he make a strong case for whatever major conclusion he espouses. Sadly that was not the case here, and I find it odd that he critiqued the soft top and the plastics of the interior before he addressed the driving portion as if the driving experience was only an afterthought and not the most important part. Unfortunately for me, this review of the bronco really brought him down several notches in my opinion.
It lacked substantial information and came across like a preference for Jeep products.
Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• i have a hardtop
  • not for a second have any "cheap plastics" even crossed my mind or bothered me - not sure what he's referring to
  • i've wheeled pretty hard in Utah for about fifteen days so far this year (hell's revenge, fins n things, seven mile rim, dome plateau, etc.) and have had plenty of confidence in my Bronco out on the trail
  • my tie rods haven't snapped
  • and most importantly... HE'S A JEEP GUY!
i learned a lot from Trailrecon's channel when i was first learning about overlanding

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone has their reasons for liking and disliking different vehicles. None of those are good cause for me to dislike someone personally. Most of his locations are in my backyard, so he’s like a travel channel of sorts. If someone likes or doesn’t like Bronco means dogshit to me. Choose to dislike me because I have a preference for Bronco? That person can go screw themselves as well.

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As bronco owners we have to be ok that a lot of people will prefer another vehicle over the bronco and that’s ok.

Let’s not let our egos be as fragile as our tie rods :LOL:

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As bronco owners we have to be ok that a lot of people will prefer another vehicle over the bronco and that’s ok.

Let’s not let our egos be as fragile as our tie rods :LOL:
Fewer words; no swearing. Winner!!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brad at Trailrecon gives his final take on his Bronco…”one vehicle that I don’t regret selling…is the Ford Bronco…”
Starting around 19:21 in video
My reaction to him was just, “whatever!”

What I do know is that Jeep got closer to him when he purchased that Bronco and I think that was his intent and it worked like a charm.

Brad is now treated as a “journalist” and Jeep ambassador even hanging out and making vids with the CEO, Chief Engineer, etc.

TrailRecon is a Jeep channel and that’s ok.

He had a soft top, was stock on trails where it was a stretch even for a stock Rubicon, but didn‘t damage anything. He’s used to 40s, long travel suspension from sponsors for free, etc.

Basically, typical YouTuber crap, but I like the channel and my wife likes anytime his wife Regina is on the screen.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is entitled to their opinion including him. The problem I have with his dismissing the bronco is a lack of specifics. If he lost "confidence" in it then he owes to the audience to explain why, and not just that he did. His reputation and technical credibility as a reviewer require that he make a strong case for whatever major conclusion he espouses. Sadly that was not the case here, and I find it odd that he critiqued the soft top and the plastics of the interior before he addressed the driving portion as if the driving experience was only an afterthought and not the most important part. Unfortunately for me, this review of the bronco really brought him down several notches in my opinion.
There’s nothing technical about him. Brad is a retired Navy guy who created a YouTube channel for fun, it exploded in popularity because of good video, good locations, and he’s got a natural talent for narration; nothing professional about him.

His technical capacity is likely much less than yours. He doesn’t “know” anything about the engineering aspects of vehicles, but he’s been at it for 7-8 years now and logged a ton of miles, so his opinions are useful, but more observations than anything. I’m actually glad that guys like him don’t try to make themselves sound like more than they are (TFL looking at you here).

He doesn’t like the soft top; well, no one does really and you shouldn’t need to if Ford didn’t have the supplier issues it did due to COVID.

He’s an informed consumer; that’s it and no one should ever lose sight of that fact. On top of that, he’s a Jeep guy all day and I was actually shocked to see him with a Bronco. He was looking for hits on the channel with the hot new thing and it didn’t go as he expected, so now he’s back in his comfort zone and that works for his channel.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His content is enjoyable. It’s comparable to a comfort food, like chicken soup. I go months without watching it but can pick it up anytime.

It’s too bad he sold the bronco. I’d be more inclined to watch something new instead of all the cookie cutter jeep grilles. Congrats to whoever bought his pinstriped bronco lol.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s nothing technical about him. Brad is a retired Navy guy who created a YouTube channel for fun, it exploded in popularity because of good video, good locations, and he’s got a natural talent for narration; nothing professional about him.

His technical capacity is likely much less than yours. He doesn’t “know” anything about the engineering aspects of vehicles, but he’s been at it for 7-8 years now and logged a ton of miles, so his opinions are useful, but more observations than anything. I’m actually glad that guys like him don’t try to make themselves sound like more than they are (TFL looking at you here).

He doesn’t like the soft top; well, no one does really and you shouldn’t need to if Ford didn’t have the supplier issues it did due to COVID.

He’s an informed consumer; that’s it and no one should ever lose sight of that fact. On top of that, he’s a Jeep guy all day and I was actually shocked to see him with a Bronco. He was looking for hits on the channel with the hot new thing and it didn’t go as he expected, so now he’s back in his comfort zone and that works for his channel.
Even though I stopped watching mainly because the jeep only content doesn’t interest me, he is miles ahead of TFL 😂 I stopped watching them during the fiasco prior to the Bronco launch when they became super whiny lol

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though I stopped watching mainly because the jeep only content doesn’t interest me, he is miles ahead of TFL 😂 I stopped watching them during the fiasco prior to the Bronco launch when they became super whiny lol
Boy did they have some butt hurt! :ROFLMAO:

They try to stay neutral, but the son, Tommy is a Jeep guy for sure.

Another team of ‘informed consumers”, but not technical; TFL. Think Doug Demuro+ is how I view them. Sure, they’re big and the info is ok, but not very entertaining vids.

YouTubers can think/say what they wish, Bronco sells like crazy and owners seem to love it; I love mine.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I enjoy his channel, really admire his attitude, and like he said, he's a car guy and like to switch things up.

I've had like 6 cars in the past 10 years...if I had hundreds/thousands of people wanting me to explain why I got rid of them, I'm sure people would complain about my reasoning as well.

He's taking his channel in a new direction with his family (and family friendly content..THANK YOU)

I'd watch his jeeps stuff over LB click bait all day long.

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watch his channel and enjoy most it’s content, He is definitely 100% Jeep and that’s okay.. My Bronco is better then the last 3 Jeeps I have owned… NEVER regretted getting rid of any of them…
I traded in a 2021 jlr rubicon 2door with only 2200 miles that I had lifted with the mopar fox and 35s from dealer to match what I orderd from ford 18months earler a 2door BadSquatch and I love my Bronco way better then my new jeep that was done by mopar to make a 2door extreme recon pkg..

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
main thing that bugs me with these kind of comments from these youtubers is they always compare a stock bronco to a jeep with 50-100k in mods and say they prefer the jeep...lol
litebright was the same way, they hated their bronco and got rid of it (bone stock) and now they have a brapter which equals a modded jeep and love it. go figure
i watched one trail recon where his son was driving the bronco and he was in a jeep and then they switched vehicles and compared like/dislikes at the end and his son liked the bronco more while he liked the jeep.. So shows he is Jeep guy and his son more open minded especially since all he probably knows is jeeps from his father and was interesting to see he liked the bronco
Always wonder about the cheap plastics comments, what vehicle doesnt have a plastic interior? The Bronco interior from what i have read is designed to be hosed out and durable, why would you want a leather interior with carbon trim if you are beating on it and hosing it out???
I dont mind the interior at all

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have to remember that these youtubers are just average enthusiasts and they are by no means experts, on anything. What they are good at, is producing content that gets views, which brings in both monetization funds and creates a venue for manufacturers to place products that can be reviewed/showcased.

I actually only discovered TrailRecon because he had a Bronco for a while.

It's an amazing time that we live in, where these people actually have credibility and tremendous influencing power, with no real credentials, for the most part.
Sponsored