Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why not buy their stock? After all, it’s a publicly owned company. As a stock holder, you too can get your share in the 21 billion dollar profits.

One thing no one ever talks about, is the billions of dollars these companies have to invest in infrastructure, plant construction, design and testing (creating jobs). There are huge risks in doing this. There are no gimme’s. Vehicles do flop, after millions are invested. The unions have no such risk.
oh i think they've definitely had a gimme. 08 bailout ring a bell? not to mention all the tax breaks and other shit.

BDrool

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2013 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My production week for my raptor was 4 sept, blend on 7 Sept and still shows in production as of today. I can only hope the status just wasn't updated and I'm in trans or at least waiting for trans.

• Sad
Reactions: jon

geargeek

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco HE, 21 Bronco Sport BL
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My understanding is that Ford / Wayne Assy uses a third party for logistics (moving vehicles around, arranging transport, etc) so if yours has been released to the carrier you MIGHT be in luck….
Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: jon

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh i think they've definitely had a gimme. 08 bailout ring a bell? not to mention all the tax breaks and other shit.
With respect, I don't believe Ford received the bailout to which you refer.

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Indeed so much misinformation. One must pay attention to the details and not succumb to misinformation or misinterpretation.

The largest one I see here, in the media and in discussions with friends is that the cumulative benefits are compounded over years and totalled up. It's not 35-45% one time pay bump.

Pure and simple, even in the states and cities where there are large plants (generally lower cost of living than "tech cities"), one can not raise a family on a single UAW salary. And by raise a family I include own a home, have a stay at home parent, own a new car, provide activities and opportunities for ones kids, take some vacations and eventually retire. Whatever you want to call that, middle class, upper middle, whatever.
The majority of Jobs can’t do the things you listed, thats why most families are dual income. Expecting one job to provide a middle or upper middle class life style is rare. Unless you are in upper management or some high tech job that pays exceptionally well talking 6 figures plus. That or you own your own business I think peoples expectations are just simply not realisitic.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has had their hand out plenty of times, just like everyone else.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a job (or any really) obviously includes no specific guarantees of an ability to have any particular lifestyle. That said, a good auto factory job did enable exactly this for decades. Additionally, most white collar auto jobs do support this and well beyond. Should a blue collar and white collar job pay the same when one likely requires much more education and skills in high demand? No.

I certainly don't believe that folks deserve a comfortable lifestyle without hard work. It's just sad how far from this basic middle class dream one is making the average UAW wage of $25/hr.
I get it. Inflation has impacted all of us. I would love to demand a raise to keep up. However if i asked for a 36% raise (spread over 4 years)but for 32 hours of work then I'm out of work looking for a new gig.

The world we live in now is much more expensive than a couple years ago so we cut back on somethings to maintain the lifestyle we want

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Indeed so much misinformation. One must pay attention to the details and not succumb to misinformation or misinterpretation.

The largest one I see here, in the media and in discussions with friends is that the cumulative benefits are compounded over years and totalled up. It's not 35-45% one time pay bump.

Pure and simple, even in the states and cities where there are large plants (generally lower cost of living than "tech cities"), one can not raise a family on a single UAW salary. And by raise a family I include own a home, have a stay at home parent, own a new car, provide activities and opportunities for ones kids, take some vacations and eventually retire. Whatever you want to call that, middle class, upper middle, whatever.
https://www.calculator.net/salary-c...olidays=10&cvacation=15&x=Calculate#calresult

How much do the current workers make? I thought they were making same or more than teachers who can budget for their families?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just hope the new car manuals are printed in English, Chinese is hard to read.
Engish is hilarious and one of the best things about getting crap made in china. Also the cardboard from China is the worst quality so it is easy to rip open your junk from there.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A rising tide raises all ships. These union deals literally help all working class Americans. The uaw has increased the standard of living for so many industries and it’s workers. Unions protect the people from oligarchy.
Not going to debate benefits of unions, but what it sounds like you're stating (that everyone getting paid more would give them a higher standard of living), is not supported by history.

Raising the wages results in higher costs for anything being sold, resulting in everyone have to pay more. Looking just at the numbers one could say that people are getting paid more, but that's only part of the view. That increase is usually more than offset by people having to pay more for anything they purchase. Food prices go up, vehicle prices go up, transit fares go up. All of those prices are influenced by the costs of paying the people involved in production. its not like corporations are going to decide to make less profit, nor should they as their duty is to maximize profit for their business. If everyone in the US got a 10% raise that just means that everything will cost roughly 10% more. They're not getting any more buying power, just more money that is worth less than it was.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not going to debate benefits of unions, but what it sounds like you're stating (that everyone getting paid more would give them a higher standard of living), is not supported by history.

Raising the wages results in higher costs for anything being sold, resulting in everyone have to pay more. Looking just at the numbers one could say that people are getting paid more, but that's only part of the view. That increase is usually more than offset by people having to pay more for anything they purchase. Food prices go up, vehicle prices go up, transit fares go up. All of those prices are influenced by the costs of paying the people involved in production. its not like corporations are going to decide to make less profit, nor should they as their duty is to maximize profit for their business. If everyone in the US got a 10% raise that just means that everything will cost roughly 10% more. They're not getting any more buying power, just more money that is worth less than it was.
Don't forget that also drives companies out of overpriced labor markets and often out of the country. I know that jobs my grandparents had are now only done outside of USA.
Sponsored