Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My sales guy is saying retail price protection no longer exist and the only discount/rebate is the private offer certificate. Is anyone else hearing this who is trying to buy currently? I think I am going to walk from my order that is currently waiting for pickup after all the b/s back and forth with this deal; it just does not feel right.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My sales guy is saying retail price protection no longer exist and the only discount/rebate is the private offer certificate. Is anyone else hearing this who is trying to buy currently? I think I am going to walk from my order that is currently waiting for pickup after all the b/s back and forth with this deal; it just does not feel right.
Retail price protection has been a Ford thing for decades and is still active. Your dealer is wrong.

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
September 2021 original Order. Took delivery on May 1. I presented dealer with all of this info. They basically said don't believe what you read on forum. There is no price protection outside of what Ford private offer is. Had to make adjustments to the order to drop sasquatch, and signed new DORA sheet in january 2023. Order was filled in March with a new MSRP of about $2500 more than the January 2021 DORA. Dealer said there is no price protection within the model year 2023. The only protection is private offer. Gullo Ford houston TX

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got stuck as well and paid the new MSRP with private offer deduct. No further price protection

rosebuddusty

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda crv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alright... 2023MY time!

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

I want to stress that the information in this post is
only valid for those taking delivery on a 2023MY Bronco, and is NOT valid for 2022MY Broncos nor will it be valid for a 2024MY Bronco.

ARE YOU TAKING DELIVERY OF A 2022MY?
You're in the wrong place. Check out the 2022MY Price Protection Thread.

IMPORTANT APRIL 10TH, 2023 UPDATES

On April 6th, 2023, Ford announced yet another round of price increases (thread), that, much like the February 10th, 2023 price increases and March 15th, 2023 price increases, has dramatically increased the complexity of price protection for 2023MY units, especially combined with the $2500 order transition offer that was introduced in mid-January 2023.

Due to the mid-year price increases, there is now two forms of price protection:
  • Model Year Transition Private Offer - This price protection is delivered via private offer certificates in Smart VINCENT under Pgm #38644. It is design to protect price increases for those who have been bump from the 2021/2022 model years to the 2023 model year.
    • Your price protection amount is determined by what you had on order as as of September 9th, 2022.
    • You and/or your dealer may decide to apply this certificate to the final selling of the Bronco, or may wait to receive a check from Ford.
  • Retail Price Protection - This price protection is automatic across all retail-ordered Ford vehicles, and is designed to protect you from any mid-year (within the 2023 model year) price increases Ford implements.
    • Feb 10th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to February 10th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of February 9th, 2023.
      • If you change (or already changed) your order after this date, you may lose this protection if your body code changes. More information on that below.
    • Mar 15th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to March 15th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of March 14th, 2023.
      • If you change (or already changed) your order after this date, you may lose this protection if your body code changes. More information on that below.
    • Apr 10th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to April 10th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of April 9th, 2023.
    • If you qualify for one or both of these price protections your dealer should take the amounts off the final selling price of the vehicle. However, some dealers have opted to wait until they are reimbursed by Ford before providing this price protection. Either way, you will NOT receive a check from Ford for Retail Price Protection, it comes from your dealer.
WINDOW STICKER INVOICE DATE INFO

The window sticker invoice date is effectively the date the assembly plant receives the order for scheduling. It is usually the same date the window sticker is generated—roughly a week before your scheduled build date. This date determines the price level of the vehicle, and therefore your eligibility for retail price protection.

1678888932104.png

For example, say a window sticker for a particular vehicle is generated and has an invoice date of February 2nd, with a build date of February 13th. Because that vehicle was invoiced by the assembly plant prior to the February 10th price increases, it will still have the original 2023MY pricing even though it was built after February 10th. In this example, the customer is not eligible for retail price protection, because there is nothing to protect.

BODY CODE BREAKDOWN

Body code is is a 3-character code used in Ford's ordering system. If you modify your order and change your body code, you will likely lose your Retail Price Protection. (You will not, however, lose your Model Year Transition Private Offer.)

On most Ford vehicles, the body code is roughly equivalent to trim level. On the Bronco, it is more complicated, as there are multiple possible body codes for each trim level. In general, you may trigger a body code change by changing any of the following:
  • Trim level
  • Number of doors
  • 4x4 transfer case
  • Equipment package
The Bronco's Body Codes are listed below:
  • E5A - 2-door, part-time selectable 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5B - 4-door, part-time selectable 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5C - 2-door, advanced 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5D - 4-door, advanced 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5E - 4-door First Edition
  • E5F - 2-door First Edition
  • E5J - 4-door Raptor
  • E4C - 2-door Heritage
  • E4D - 4-door Heritage
  • E4E - 2-door Heritage Limited
  • E4G - 4-door Heritage Limited
Your current body code can be found at the top of your order summary sheet:

1681239108380.png

Again, if your body code changes, you will likely lose retail price protection.

Below are some examples of body code changes, which likely will cause you to lose Retail Price Protection. This is NOT a complete exhaustive list.
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from Base or Big Bend
  • Switching Wildtrak to Big Bend
  • Switching from Part-Time Selectable 4x4 to the Advanced 4x4 transfer case on Outer Banks
  • Switching from Big Bend to Heritage
  • Switching from 2-door to 4-door
And below are some examples of changes that do not change your body code. Again, this is not a complete list.
  • Switching from Wildtrak to Badlands
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from your Black Diamond order, but retaining the Advanced 4x4 option
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from your Badlands
  • Changing from the 2.3L engine to the 2.7L engine

FLOWCHART & PRICE TABLE

NOTE: The flowchart and price table below will provide you the price protection amount based on the window sticker price.

View attachment 494679

View attachment 494680

View attachment 494685

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
How do I determine what column (a,b,c,d) my 2dr Outer Banks falls into? What is the price range for each column? Thank you

Sponsored

IDAbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I'm picking up my 2023 4dr black diamond tomorrow.
I should be entitled to the $1995.00 Model Year Transition plus another $3450.00 from the increases on 2/10 and 3/15.

Dealer is honoring the $1995.00 no questions asked but I had to "fight" with them about the remaining $3450.00.

Eventually they said in 8-12 weeks after the sale and the vehicle has been registered under my order information (to make sure I'm not flipping it) they will receive a $1200 check from Ford, and then at that point will let me know and forward that $1200 on to me.

I'm not super happy about it... but it's better than nothing. And honestly I just want to be done with it. Either way I'm still going to take out out a small ~$10-12k loan after my down payment. So whats a few extra bucks per month. I just want my damn Bronco.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found out from Ford my price protection is $3,220. My reservation is from October ‘20. My question is am I also entitled to prior year increases as well? This is quite a way off from my original pricing. I also dropped some things that increased the original MSRP but even with the $3,220 off I’m still over that original MSRP.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found out from Ford my price protection is $3,220. My reservation is from October ‘20. My question is am I also entitled to prior year increases as well? This is quite a way off from my original pricing. I also dropped some things that increased the original MSRP but even with the $3,220 off I’m still over that original MSRP.
It's all on the first post.

The $3,220 is only your private offer.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all on the first post.

The $3,220 is only your private offer.
I read through the entire first post. Just looking for clarification if I’m actually price protected against all increases or just the latest rounds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read through the entire first post. Just looking for clarification if I’m actually price protected against all increases or just the latest rounds.
You quality for everything the flow chart and price table says you quality for.

Ford's Customer Service Reps have the power to look up Private Offer Certificates, but that's as far as they go. Everything else is based on your 2023MY DORA which only your dealer has access to. The flowchart takes in account all of the price increases, and any protections will match the price reflected on both your DORA and the Private Offer Cert.

Whether your dealer will pass any of this down to you as the customer is entirely dependent on your dealer.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I'm picking up my 2023 4dr black diamond tomorrow.
I should be entitled to the $1995.00 Model Year Transition plus another $3450.00 from the increases on 2/10 and 3/15.

Dealer is honoring the $1995.00 no questions asked but I had to "fight" with them about the remaining $3450.00.

Eventually they said in 8-12 weeks after the sale and the vehicle has been registered under my order information (to make sure I'm not flipping it) they will receive a $1200 check from Ford, and then at that point will let me know and forward that $1200 on to me.

I'm not super happy about it... but it's better than nothing. And honestly I just want to be done with it. Either way I'm still going to take out out a small ~$10-12k loan after my down payment. So whats a few extra bucks per month. I just want my damn Bronco.

I hear ya there, but I'm the other way. 3645 transition and 1800 PP. Invoiced Feb 27th. Dealer gives me the "if we get re-invoiced I will give you the money" excuse at time of sale. I got it in writing but I just wanted my Bronc I waited since 2020 for. 60 days from sale not up yet but I went to use my points on a rear cargo mat and the Sales Manger says right away, "We haven't heard anything yet" I said "Maybe not yet but I expect to hear from you by the end of the month, that would be 60 days from sale, if not you will hear from me. I'm just here to pic up my cargo mat" :LOL:

So I expect I will get the "we never got re-invoiced or never got the credit excuse. "

I did the same small loan and big down payment, I had saved a bunch up waiting since 2020. I just wanted it to be done as well. Such BS, just like "we will follow as close to reservation order as possible. " ......... BULLSHIT you will!!!

In the end I can say I got a good deal on a 23 Bronc, less than most have paid for one. And now I can just enjoy wheeling the shit out of it. 😁

Last edited:

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M2; 2015 Accord -goes when Bronco arrives
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been lucky, Wright Ford in Redmond, OR. sat with me and we worked through the flow chart back to my original Dora. He was somewhat amazed. While not exact, it was within $250 if I remember correctly (edit: turns out this is shown on my window sticker -$250 for loss of factory amp/subwoofer and he said he would honor that too.) He said he would call his Ford corporate rep to see what they say. Couple of weeks later, he said I am good to go and provided a somewhat simpler way to approach it. Take the smart vincent offer, should be your colum A/B (whichever) applies. Apply this to your COVP Dora from September/October 2022 and poof! Same number came up as going through the whole flowchart. Ignoring the MSRP of my Window Sticker as he is very familiar with being reimbursed (visions) for sales of this type. I told him thank you for being understanding and honest as I described the horror stories being posted here. His response was, that's horrible and some shady sh*t. Bad for customer service and the brand! Delivery scheduled for 6/5-6/18/2023 unless it gets stuck in rail yard between Michigan to Portland, OR.

This thread has been a champion for our understanding and finding ways to communicate with our Dealers - the honest ones at least.

Good luck Everyone!

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-door manual base with no options. I'm having trouble understanding the flowchart - mainly on what exactly constitutes an "order"? Here is my chronology, in case anyone can shed some light on the matter:

07/27/2021 - Reservation made (I think my dealer 99'd my order status, said I was too far down on list to get a Bronco at that time)
07/21/2022 - My dealer reached out about placing an FY2023 order when the banks open. I said yes.
09/21/2022 - Got Ford email about "order confirmed". And dealer had me email copy of driver license etc.
04-21-2023 - Date on computer generated vehicle sticker

Along the way since the time of the reservation date, I had been getting some emails where Ford referred to my "order", mostly apologizing for delays and stuff.

Oh, also I did call Ford maybe around Feb 2023, to ask about any price protection. Ford Rep gave me a code and said I had $2845.

I'm not clear about this flowchart though, any ideas? It seems like I should be eligible for $2500? Unless reservation vs order vs order status muddy it up? I mean it's been 2 years with various things occurring and statuses, who the hell can keep up and interpret all this?!

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been lucky, Wright Ford in Redmond, OR. sat with me and we worked through the flow chart back to my original Dora. He was somewhat amazed. While not exact, it was within $250 if I remember correctly (edit: turns out this is shown on my window sticker -$250 for loss of factory amp/subwoofer and he said he would honor that too.) He said he would call his Ford corporate rep to see what they say. Couple of weeks later, he said I am good to go and provided a somewhat simpler way to approach it. Take the smart vincent offer, should be your colum A/B (whichever) applies. Apply this to your COVP Dora from September/October 2022 and poof! Same number came up as going through the whole flowchart. Ignoring the MSRP of my Window Sticker as he is very familiar with being reimbursed (visions) for sales of this type. I told him thank you for being understanding and honest as I described the horror stories being posted here. His response was, that's horrible and some shady sh*t. Bad for customer service and the brand! Delivery scheduled for 6/5-6/18/2023 unless it gets stuck in rail yard between Michigan to Portland, OR.

This thread has been a champion for our understanding and finding ways to communicate with our Dealers - the honest ones at least.

Good luck Everyone!
You & your dealer were thinking about it correctly! Yahoo!!

The price you pay should be your 2023MY DORA minus the price protection.

Unfortunately we as customers don’t have access to the DORA. Your dealer can generate it, but unless your dealer provides you the DORA, we have no way to generate that paperwork. So everything in my post is based off of the window sticker… which… admittedly complicates things. But you nailed it.
Sponsored