Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the price certificate stay with me or the vehicle? I have an order at a dealer that I am really low on the allocation so I probably won't get a 23 so I will lose the certificate. If I place a new order from a dealer that increases my chances for a 23 or find existing stock order can I use my certificate?
Thanks
It is tied to your name/address and can be used on any MY'23 Bronco (except Raptor or Limted Heritage). That MY'23 can be an ordered Bronco, or dealer stock.

In my specific case, I knew that I was outside of my dealer's allocation for MY'22. I ordered (actual 3 different orders at different dealers) a new BD and took delivery in April '22. They applied the PP from my original reservation/order.

Now, I'm still outside my original dealer's MY'23 allocation. I also still have 2 MY'22 orders that were placed on PC'99 after I received my VIN for the 3rd MY'22 order. I will have 3 PP certificates for MY'23. The first amount is for my original reservation/order. And the other 2 are for the new MY'22 orders. The 2 for the new MY'22 orders are greater than the original reservation/order based on the ordered build spec.

Haven't made up my mind on which trim to build for the new MY'22 orders that I haven't updated, yet. The original reservation/order has been kept static from the beginning as they were insistent that it would negate PP which they are wrong on their interpretation. It didn't matter as I won't see that Bronco for 2 more years and PP will long be gone by then.
Sponsored

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, do we know if package changes strip price protection? And thanks to the OP. But honestly, why the fuck isn't FORD posting here or sending out an email on this to rez holders? After 800 days, can you not communicate with me?

It's sad that with $50-60K on the table FORD treats us this way. We get better reliance and info from each here on the board.
@Ford Motor Company @mrlevine 👆?

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is tied to your name/address and can be used on any MY'23 Bronco (except Raptor or Limted Heritage). That MY'23 can be an ordered Bronco, or dealer stock.

In my specific case, I knew that I was outside of my dealer's allocation for MY'22. I ordered (actual 3 different orders at different dealers) a new BD and took delivery in April '22. They applied the PP from my original reservation/order.

Now, I'm still outside my original dealer's MY'23 allocation. I also still have 2 MY'22 orders that were placed on PC'99 after I received my VIN for the 3rd MY'22 order. I will have 3 PP certificates for MY'23. The first amount is for my original reservation/order. And the other 2 are for the new MY'22 orders. The 2 for the new MY'22 orders are greater than the original reservation/order based on the ordered build spec.

Haven't made up my mind on which trim to build for the new MY'22 orders that I haven't updated, yet. The original reservation/order has been kept static from the beginning as they were insistent that it would negate PP which they are wrong on their interpretation. It didn't matter as I won't see that Bronco for 2 more years and PP will long be gone by then.
I don’t think it will work on a stock unit. I think there needs to be a name match.

brantleybryant789

Badlands
First Name
Brantley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright... 2023MY time!

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

As of today (Nov 4th, 2022) we are about a 1-2 weeks away from the beginning of 2023MY production. I want to stress that the information in this post is only valid for those taking delivery on a 2023MY Bronco, and is NOT valid for 2022MY Broncos nor will it be valid for a 2024MY Bronco.

ARE YOU TAKING DELIVERY OF A 2022MY?
You're in the wrong place. Check out the 2022MY Price Protection Thread.

Unlike 2022MY, all 2023MY price protection rebates will be handled via private offer certificates in Smart VINCENT under Pgm #38644 (last year it was split between private offers and retail price protection). These private offers should be visible to the dealer when you go to pick up your vehicle. You and your dealer have two options when applying price protection:
  • Apply the price protection to the final selling price of the Bronco at the time you take delivery. In most situations this makes the most sense due to sales tax.
  • Pay the full price for your Bronco and wait for Ford to send out a check after you take delivery.
Exactly how much you qualify for depends on WHEN you ordered/reserved and WHAT you had reserved/ordered as of Sept 9th, 2022. Refer to the flow charts and price table below. Note that it does not matter what you order for 2023MY, your price protection amount will remain the same regardless of what you order for 2023MY. (The exception to this rule is if you switch your order to Raptor or end up purchasing a Heritage Limited. Both are ineligible for price protection.)

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 415351

View attachment 415350

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
How does this affect D plan? Also when I was converted from MY22 to MY23, the wheels I wanted ($995) did not convert and I overlooked it when I confirmed. So my Badlands options are $995 less than I originally ordered.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think it will work on a stock unit. I think there needs to be a name match.
Incorrect. The name match isn't on an "order". The name match is on the sale of a MY'23 Bronco. At the time of sale, whomever the dealer is just has to do a name search in SmartVINCENT. The only restriction is that the name match with what is in SmartVINCENT and with the person actually buying a MY'23 Bronco (excluding Raptor/Limited HE).

So if someone is stuck in allocation purgatory and are afraid that PP will go away (Ford has made no commitment to PP beyond MY'23), they should expand their search for a Bronco that they can apply the PP cert towards. No need to leave money on the table.

Sponsored

Richc76

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...At the time of sale, whomever the dealer is just has to do a name search in SmartVINCENT. The only restriction is that the name match with what is in SmartVINCENT and with the person actually buying a MY'23 Bronco (excluding Raptor/Limited HE)...
So how is this "private offer" made? When I asked about price protection a week or so ago, my salesman said it was by private offer only, leading me to believe that Ford would email me or something. My Bronco is scheduled to be built the week of November 13th.

Is there any affirmative action a buyer need take, or does the dollar amount in the chart get credited at the time of sale automatically?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how is this "private offer" made? When I asked about price protection a week or so ago, my salesman said it was by private offer only, leading me to believe that Ford would email me or something. My Bronco is scheduled to be built the week of November 13th.

Is there any affirmative action a buyer need take, or does the dollar amount in the chart get credited at the time of sale automatically?
When you go to pick up your Bronco your dealer should see the private offer in Smart VINCENT. At that point in time your dealer should give you the choice to get that private offer via check from Ford, or have the dealer take that private offer and apply it to the final selling cost of the vehicle.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also... just noticed a moderator blew my first post away... not sure why. If it's still missing by the time I get home, I'll add it back.

Richc76

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you go to pick up your Bronco your dealer should see the private offer in Smart VINCENT. At that point in time your dealer should give you the choice to get that private offer via check from Ford, or have the dealer take that private offer and apply it to the final selling cost of the vehicle.
Thanks a ton for the insight. I appreciate it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also... just noticed a moderator blew my first post away... not sure why. If it's still missing by the time I get home, I'll add it back.
Doug was in the process of "featuring" it. Nothing deliberate on his part, but more likely a forum gremlin rearing it's head.

Sponsored

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So to be clear.....I had a 2 Door BD on order for almost all of my waiting period, but when I submitted my MY23 order I switched to a 4 Door BD, do I get any Price Protection or did I lose it all?
I'm an original reservation holder back in July 2020 and ordered at every point before any cutoffs/deadlines....

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So to be clear.....I had a 2 Door BD on order for almost all of my waiting period, but when I submitted my MY23 order I switched to a 4 Door BD, do I get any Price Protection or did I lose it all?
I'm an original reservation holder back in July 2020 and ordered at every point before any cutoffs/deadlines....
You will have the original build spec as a basis for your private offer. Reference the charts posted with the amounts from Group A.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doug was in the process of "featuring" it. Nothing deliberate on his part, but more likely a forum gremlin rearing it's head.
That's what I assumed. Must of gotten back from SEMA. Anyhow... first post has been restored.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You will have the original build spec as a basis for your private offer. Reference the charts posted with the amounts from Group A.
My dealer is stating that I no longer qualify for Price Protection because I switched to 4 door instead of 2 door....so you are stating that I would qualify for Group A: $2,820 Price Protection still? (Black Diamond 4 Door PP now)
Sponsored