Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question for those who have received their 2023 Bronco’s with price protection. Was the certificate applied to the pre tax price or did you pay tax on the full amount and receive the rebate after? Thanks!
I haven't received mine yet, 1/20/23 blend date, but did call my dealer today to ask the same question. My dealer, in Washington, said they treat it as a "rebate" and deduct it off of the final price (post tax). I attempted to explain to my salesperson that this costs me an additional $365 in sales tax and the dealership an additional $18 in B&O tax. I believe that the dealer could reduce the pre tax price by the private offer amount and reconcile their profit and loss statement accordingly, however I'm not an accountant. The dealer is choosing to not do this for their customer. It's BS in my opinion. Why can't they just apply put the "private offer" in as a receivable and credit it against the invoice price when received? Seems simple to me.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't received mine yet, 1/20/23 blend date, but did call my dealer today to ask the same question. My dealer, in Washington, said they treat it as a "rebate" and deduct it off of the final price (post tax). I attempted to explain to my salesperson that this costs me an additional $365 in sales tax and the dealership an additional $18 in B&O tax. I believe that the dealer could reduce the pre tax price by the private offer amount and reconcile their profit and loss statement accordingly, however I'm not an accountant. The dealer is choosing to not do this for their customer. It's BS in my opinion. Why can't they just apply put the "private offer" in as a receivable and credit it against the invoice price when received? Seems simple to me.
Depends on your state laws. Washington State taxes the sale price before the rebate is taken off.

https://dor.wa.gov/education/industry-guides/auto-dealers/discountsrebates

How are rebates taxed?

Rebates from the manufacturer or distributor are part of the selling price of the vehicle. The amount of the rebate may not be deducted from the selling price before retail sales tax is charged, nor may it be deducted before computing the B&O tax.

Edmunds has a chart near the bottom of this page with info for each state. Of course, it's best to double check with your state's Dept of Revenue to be certain.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends on your state laws. Washington State taxes the sale price before the rebate is taken off.

https://dor.wa.gov/education/industry-guides/auto-dealers/discountsrebates

How are rebates taxed?

Rebates from the manufacturer or distributor are part of the selling price of the vehicle. The amount of the rebate may not be deducted from the selling price before retail sales tax is charged, nor may it be deducted before computing the B&O tax.

Edmunds has a chart near the bottom of this page with info for each state. Of course, it's best to double check with your state's Dept of Revenue to be certain.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html
Thank you for that information. I just figured the dealer was profiting somehow; I had no idea it was Department of Revenue regulated. Would be nice if Ford would invoice the dealer at the price protected MSRP and do a charge back to the dealer without a name match. At least I now know that the dealership isn't trying to pull one over on me.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI. I just called the bronco help line, and they told me I could not use my private offer from the MY2022-MY2023 converted order at another dealership for another bronco. Not sure about the newly announced $2,500 offer for cancelling your existing order.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI. I just called the bronco help line, and they told me I could not use my private offer from the MY2022-MY2023 converted order at another dealership for another bronco. Not sure about the newly announced $2,500 offer for cancelling your existing order.
Honestly they most likely don't know what they are talking about.

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope you're right. I'm going to try anyway, as my private offer was bigger than the new $2500 program.
As an update, after asking several times, the dealer was able to apply the private offer. Hopefully this helps others on the forum. Be persistent.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As an update, after asking several times, the dealer was able to apply the private offer. Hopefully this helps others on the forum. Be persistent.
Just to be clear, you were able to use a Private Offer based on ordering through Dealer A on a 'off the lot' purchase you made with Dealer B?

Another question - Has your original order already been scheduled?

I was told by my dealer that my private offer for the model year transition would not show up until the ordered vehicle was scheduled to be built.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to be clear, you were able to use a Private Offer based on ordering through Dealer A on a 'off the lot' purchase you made with Dealer B?

Another question - Has your original order already been scheduled?

I was told by my dealer that my private offer for the model year transition would not show up until the ordered vehicle was scheduled to be built.
Yes. I used private offer for order with dealer A on an off the lot bronco at dealer B.

My original order through dealer A has not yet been scheduled, and I have not received a VIN.

If you call the Ford Bronco help line, they can provide your certificate number, which you can then give to dealer B. That's what I did. It should exist.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's great news. I had read conflicting info in diff threads here where some were saying the transition offer was limited to your order with original dealer.

Now if I can only figure out if I can get $2500 for cancelling my Wildtrak order and have that along with my MY23 offer on my Badlands. I figure that's too good of a deal to happen so it probably isn't possible

Sponsored

TNTim

Everglades
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 GC
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Apologies if this was previously posted…

but can anyone share the link to Ford where this price protection is documented?

Reservation 9/2021 - Wildtrack
Converted to Order November 2023 - changed to Everglades
Delivery scheduled for 2/12

dealership is indicating I’m not eligible for any price protection because I change the model of my reservation. Based on this group I don’t see that to be true so they are asking me for an official Ford posting with such details.

Thank You in advanced!
Tim

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco a couple weeks ago and the amount I received off the final price of my vehicle matched exactly with what I saw on the chart. No going back and forth or nothing. I just asked about my price protection and they took it off the total before taxes.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if this was previously posted…

but can anyone share the link to Ford where this price protection is documented?

Reservation 9/2021 - Wildtrack
Converted to Order November 2023 - changed to Everglades
Delivery scheduled for 2/12

dealership is indicating I’m not eligible for any price protection because I change the model of my reservation. Based on this group I don’t see that to be true so they are asking me for an official Ford posting with such details.

Thank You in advanced!
Tim
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...el-year-bronco-transition-private-offer-faqs/

amandapaka

Big Bend
First Name
Anant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi All, I am finally taking delivery within the next week. My dealership is telling me that I should receive an email from Ford with the Private offer ( for price protection), but I did not receive any. Are they telling me the truth? I thought the dealership sees the private offer on their side. PLEASE HELP!

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All, I am finally taking delivery within the next week. My dealership is telling me that I should receive an email from Ford with the Private offer ( for price protection), but I did not receive any. Are they telling me the truth? I thought the dealership sees the private offer on their side. PLEASE HELP!
You'll get nothing from Ford. It's in a system called Smart Vincent, which we as customers do not have access to.

Your dealer has access to Smart Vincent to look it up, or you can call Ford's customer service line and ask them to provide you a certificate number.
Sponsored