BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.
Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.
I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"
I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!
My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.
The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

IMG_3322.JPG
I hate to be a debbie downer but I just don't see you get it back from Michigan by the end of the week....
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm still asking that question. My only thought is, it's got to be some kind of safety issue that needed fixing in Michigan and not my Dealership.
Maybe, perhaps, Ford figured out it was a vehicle involved in an assembly line injury accident and some worker's body appendage is somewhere inside the Bronco? Kind of hard to have the dealership's service department fix that issue.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For Ford to go through all of this rather than have the Dealership fix the issue, tells me its Ford not wanting to disclose what the issue is.
It was driven on and off the carrier, and OP said they sat in it ... I can't imagine what could have been so wrong they would send it back unless it was incorrectly configured or missing some major component, but I would expect it to be throwing codes like mad if that was the case.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes you wonder if some of the shipping delays are circumstances similar to this that were caught before reaching the dealer. Cause, you know, transparency...

Good luck OP, hope it returns soon.

Sponsored

Br0k3N_AxL3

Badlands
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Bronco, '11 F150, '88 Bronco, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.
Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.
I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"
I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!
My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.
The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

IMG_3322.JPG
I had this happen to me, sort of. My 2011 Raptor was in transit, stopped one state over, sent back, fixed, rechecked, then sent back to my dealer. The paperwork said 27 miles on the odometer, but it was 51 miles because they had to rerun it through its checks. Idk what the issue was, but Ford was doing their due diligence. This is likely the case, so stay positive.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Patiently waiting………. in Michigan.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still asking that question. My only thought is, it's got to be some kind of safety issue that needed fixing in Michigan and not my Dealership.
Your dealership knows why it was sent back. The question is why are they acting ignorant about the facts?

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is literally the weirdest thing i have ever heard of when buying a new car. this is not normal- did you sign anything yet in terms of titling it in your name or taking out a loan or lease on it? I hope not. The idea that "Michigan needed it back" is really weird. as a dirt mountain person myself, it makes me wonder what is going on with these vehicles- are they cannibalizing them? are there issues with them? and what are they doing to it such that they can get it back to michigan and then back to you in less than a week?
My bet is Ford is cannibalizing them and this one slipped through.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet Ford was short some chips to complete a couple of Raptors and figured this was the fastest way to get them.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Must be pretty serious for Ford to pay that $1595 destination charge two more times...

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had this happen to me, sort of. My 2011 Raptor was in transit, stopped one state over, sent back, fixed, rechecked, then sent back to my dealer. The paperwork said 27 miles on the odometer, but it was 51 miles because they had to rerun it through its checks. Idk what the issue was, but Ford was doing their due diligence. This is likely the case, so stay positive.
I had this issue with my ordered 2011 F150 Raptor. It sat for 6 weeks at the dealer waiting on the frame reinforcement parts to come and be installed. My Raptor was a April 2010 build.
Sponsored