Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone point out where the bent axle tube is in that picture? I see the plug weld and the drip but is the bent tube actually visible?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone point out where the bent axle tube is in that picture? I see the plug weld and the drip but is the bent tube actually visible?
It’s twisted closer to the wheel hub

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s twisted closer to the wheel hub
This is interesting. Pops the weld plug like the tube either twisted in the housing or moved laterally, but the tube is actually twisted out by the bearing flange? Are they certain the whole tube isn't twisted and it's just more noticeable due to the distance from the housing to outer flange? This is not what I expected to see.

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is interesting. Pops the weld plug like the tube either twisted in the housing or moved laterally, but the tube is actually twisted out by the bearing flange? Are they certain the whole tube isn't twisted and it's just more noticeable due to the distance from the housing to outer flange? This is not what I expected to see.
I think the whole tube is twisted yes and more noticeable by the wheel hub. What I find strange is that I don’t feel it at all driving it. And if I look in my side mirror the tire isn’t bouncing or anything. It drove smoothly to the dealer

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the whole tube is twisted yes and more noticeable by the wheel hub. What I find strange is that I don’t feel it at all driving it. And if I look in my side mirror the tire isn’t bouncing or anything. It drove smoothly to the dealer
You may not notice anything if it's still somewhat in the horizontal and vertical planes. The caliper may be rotated fore or aft compared to the other side but it would have to be fairly significant to notice.

Sponsored

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys, just thought I’d post this so anyone else considering running 37’s at least knows the risks going into it. I just passed 1200 miles on my 23 Bronco, took it out Sunday only for the second time on some mild trails. I came outside Monday morning to oil dripping from my rear diff. I immediately took it to Ford for diagnosis since I thought maybe it was a bad seal. It turns out (Ford claims) my 37” tires caused too much torque on the rear axle and caused it to twist, breaking the plug welds and bending the axle tube by the wheel.

I am an open book so for sake of clarity, I have never used the TTA function. I have however engaged the rear locker on the trail. I wouldn’t have even known there was a problem with the truck if I didn’t see fluid on the ground under the rear diff. As of right now I’m told warranty won’t cover the repair so just a heads up to anyone else with high expectations for off road performance and durability, this isn’t the truck. I’ve attached some photos for reference.

70639024399__C65F77A5-C595-483C-8CE1-4D6042384465.fullsizerender.jpeg

70639027068__4C6A585C-9B9F-4FDE-BB0C-6D9C2A4E5E62.fullsizerender.jpeg

70655521213__7795D711-D4F2-47AD-90A9-CDB3718BF363.jpeg

70639023286__5353CB02-FE1D-4EBF-BC79-7E7207A2C4CB.jpeg
Pure bullshit. Call Ford Customer Service immediately

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, just thought I’d post this so anyone else considering running 37’s at least knows the risks going into it. I just passed 1200 miles on my 23 Bronco, took it out Sunday only for the second time on some mild trails. I came outside Monday morning to oil dripping from my rear diff. I immediately took it to Ford for diagnosis since I thought maybe it was a bad seal. It turns out (Ford claims) my 37” tires caused too much torque on the rear axle and caused it to twist, breaking the plug welds and bending the axle tube by the wheel.

I am an open book so for sake of clarity, I have never used the TTA function. I have however engaged the rear locker on the trail. I wouldn’t have even known there was a problem with the truck if I didn’t see fluid on the ground under the rear diff. As of right now I’m told warranty won’t cover the repair so just a heads up to anyone else with high expectations for off road performance and durability, this isn’t the truck. I’ve attached some photos for reference.

70639024399__C65F77A5-C595-483C-8CE1-4D6042384465.fullsizerender.jpeg

70639027068__4C6A585C-9B9F-4FDE-BB0C-6D9C2A4E5E62.fullsizerender.jpeg

70655521213__7795D711-D4F2-47AD-90A9-CDB3718BF363.jpeg

70639023286__5353CB02-FE1D-4EBF-BC79-7E7207A2C4CB.jpeg
You’re not gonna get any sympathy when you put aftermarket parts on your vehicle, and expect it to perform like stock and not have any affect on the rest of it. You’re gonna put massive size tires on that not do any reinforcing.? come on man

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re not gonna get any sympathy when you put aftermarket parts on your vehicle, and expect it to perform like stock and not have any affect on the rest of it. You’re gonna put massive size tires on that not do any reinforcing.? come on man
No one is asking for sympathy. I’m making others aware if they intend to run 37’s they may very well need to replace the rear axle assembly because the truck can’t handle it despite how it’s marketed. Read the post next time

BirdDogger

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runnerTRDP - 1997 Lexus LX450 Locked
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not trying to be mister negative, but where has Ford marketed that you can lift your vehicle over factory specs and add larger tires?

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Massive size tires? +1 in size is considered massive? Simply put, this is a defect

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one is asking for sympathy. I’m making others aware if they intend to run 37’s they may very well need to replace the rear axle assembly because the truck can’t handle it despite how it’s marketed. Read the post next time
Fords bottom line is hurting and the standard..let’s deny all claims is their playbook to save some expense.
Fords quality is absolutely hitting an all time low …I have 3 Ford trucks , all less than 3 years old and I have lost track of how many warranty visits I have made in the past 24 months. I am still waiting for my software to update on my 2021 ford f150 raptor. It has never update since new …and the dealers response is we cannot update software or factory warranty will be voided ??? Yes the dealer say this ..nothing aftermarket of any kind on the vehicle. I had to make 3 calls to ford to get the dealer to attempt to fix it …and it’s still not working. 2 years!!!
Ford doesn’t care about its customer base…the last few years have permitted them to take advantage of us …ADMs and denied warranty claims are just status quo today for Ford. Too bad. Because the idea of of their trucks is best in world …build quality and customer service is not world class.
Good luck on your claim.
cheers

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not trying to be mister negative, but where has Ford marketed that you can lift your vehicle over factory specs and add larger tires?
Performance.ford.com

advertising and marketing the bronco modified. Promoting companies like 4WP and photos of lifted Broncos with winches and bumpers etc

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeeps (rubicons and many other trims) have almost the same Dana 44 rear, and have been putting 37s on them for years. I havnt seen to many failures of a Rear axle like this. Jeeps have issues with the front axle on occasion because of the FAD ( front axle disconnect) portion on the passenger side which is a cast iron section in the middle of the tube.

The size of the tire should not have that big of an impact on the tube pulling out of the center section, if it is welded properly from factory.

It can be fixed , but who pays for it is the issue. You can take the components out, use a rear end narrowing jig to locate off the bearings and weld it back together, then add braces to connect both tubes and the center section.

BirdDogger

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runnerTRDP - 1997 Lexus LX450 Locked
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I scanned the bronco parts at performance and I see a pic of a SAS bronco on the top page 35" tires. Then I scanned the parts offerings and I see a 2" lift for non SAS broncos. I get where your coMing from but ford has not marketed a king suspension on a bronco with 37" tires. They don't offer a 2" lift for a SAS or even the raptor. Honestly, I would get something in writing from the dealer that no warranty will be voided if they lifted a stock bronco with ford parts and put 35's on it.

Ford Bronco Update: Rear Axle Tube  - 1200 Miles Warranty Covered Screenshot_20230524_144601_One UI Home
Sponsored