Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. It's kind of a pain in the ass to open the back.
Seriously? I've got the best top and it's super easy to open up and have full access to the back without having to duck down like the factory top..
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to see attempts at improvement, but disappointing level of progress. I have a hard top that is going into service because if left in rain, I get drips on my left knee from the A-pillar. They told me today there is a kit/part number for something to address this known issue. They are going to water test it next week. I usually keep it covered so there haven't been too many times for me to even pick up on this. But when left outside after a big rain, I have seen small puddles on my rubber floormat when I get in. Am I shocked? No. But, seems like Ford should be on the hook for not having rain land on my pants while driving. (and yes, I have double/triple checked the panels). I have MIC.20 from dirt mountain for those who were part of that dynasty. 4dr wildtrak

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The amount of times I have looked at my windows and thought oh no the pieces of plastic don't look like glass are ZERO.
Same here! But the number of times Iā€™ve looked at them and wished they werenā€™t wavy is very high.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My '23 Wildtrak soft top isn't much louder than the MIC, which is one of the reasons I went ahead with the purchase... The windows are tight until I lift open the back a few times, then I need to redo the velcro to tighten them back up. Part of the compromise with having that ability, which I'm ok with as I don't lift it open often...just the tailgate mainly. I drove through a downpoor the other night, no leaks...

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I canā€™t wait to ditch my soft top day one for an adv top. This thing is so ugly that I donā€™t think I even want to wait for a body colored adv top to get painted at a shop lol

Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had a 4 door Wrangler for 5 years and I had my Bestop on my 2Dr Bronco all last spring/summer. Number of times in those 6ish years I wished I could left the rear of the top to access the back of either - 0.

Itā€™s functionality no one was asking for. In exchange you get wavey windows no one wants.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my soft top for 9 months and absolutely love it. I added the IAG struts and it functions better and is easier to use than any top to me. The one thing that does bother me slightly is the lack of gutters above the doors. However, still better than any rear panel you have to un-Velcro to open. Not 1 leak in 9 mo.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had a 4 door Wrangler for 5 years and I had my Bestop on my 2Dr Bronco all last spring/summer. Number of times in those 6ish years I wished I could left the rear of the top to access the back of either - 0.

Itā€™s functionality no one was asking for. In exchange you get wavey windows no one wants.
The 2 door Bronco Bestop folds all the way back, but sits high on the back of the roll bar, which is fine, because you get good rear visibility and you have a wide open roof. In the summer you can also run it without the side and rear windows like a Bimini top. It definitely wasn't a disappointment in that regard. It's too noisy at Freeway speeds currently, but I am hoping that I can fix this problem.

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Speak for yourself. It's functionality I want and use almost daily.

It's really annoying to have to duck down under the back when it's not lifted. Plus it gives me extra clearance to put my dog crate in the back.

The wavy windows have never bothered me.

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of the other pics that have been posted (in other threads) look much better. Personally, (having not seen in person), I think this looks 10000x better than my top windows.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just noticed this 23 Outerbanks with an updated Soft Top.

Biggest difference is the sides of the top portion are doubled up with a seam and some insulation on the sides. Makes the top look tighter and might actually cut down some noise. Haven't driven it yet.

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 20230120_153438
Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 20230120_153438
hate to rain on your parade, if you can still stick your hand between the frame and the soft top when it's closed that's not really going to help

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious about the wavy windows... Does the besttop or other manufacturers of softops, have the ability to pop up at the back for and extra 8-12" of clearance in the rear cargo area like the Ford soft top? Or are they fixed?
The Besttop is fixed, you remove the whole rear window for full access.
Not sure about other brands.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I actually want one of these. Iā€™m hoping I can find one later this year that someone doesnā€™t want with all the hardware and such.