First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Well that's not good, you might have to get yourself a good car cover when you park outside.

Sponsored

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Neither my JT or JL had gotten snow inside the soft top.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've gone 325,000 miles in my 20 year old Toyota MR2 Spyder convertible and I've never had snow or rain get inside it. I daily drove a Mazda Miata lease for 3 years in Michigan and kept it parked outside, and it never got any snow in it.

People who say this is normal and that you should expect this to happen in a convertible don't know what they're talking about.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe Ford's new freebie gift will be a tarp to cover the soft tops

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Velcro's not exactly the best wind deterrent, I mean I could go on a spiel about quality, but there's no way this top is rated for a blizzard.

It's especially not going to hold snow on the roof, unlike a Samurai might (because the roof of the Mitsubishi has less surface area). Also, unlike a Jeep, the Bronco is missing a center-beam and is wider. Not the best combination.

Best of luck.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think if I ever move back north I will either have a hard top for winters or a car cover to possibly prevent this with my soft top. Ford definitely needs to look into this for all you guys up north with the soft tops.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw a post about the middle latch on the soft tops that weren't necessarily latched at factory. Some may need adjustment. Has OP checked this?
This was my thought, there's a hump in the top when he first walks up to the vehicle. Are we sure it was on 100% correctly?

Not slamming the OP, just double and triple checking before we bust out the pitchforks again.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe Ford's new freebie gift will be a tarp to cover the soft tops
Ford just go ahead and throw this over priced piece of work in the next "swag" box....

Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 1643725013179

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s consider this for a moment. Do you reckon that if he had access to a garage that he wouldn’t have pulled his $60k snow cone into it for refuge? Do you realize a good many people don’t have a garage?
Guess you also need to arrange garage parking every time you vacation to a ski area or a mountain cabin.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

BroncoCanuck

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Morning after update: the towels worked - no more snow got in. I didn’t post this to slam the Bronco or the soft top I still love both…. I hope there is an easy tweak or improvement Ford (preferably) or a 3rd party can make to decrease the soft top vulnerability to crosswinds. More tension? Improved weather stripping? Ford branded towels?

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A guy named Tyrone Raddi(may have misspelled the name) on the Facebook Bronco groups had this problem, everyone doubted the validity of his claims. Everyone slammed him here and there that he knowingly and purposefully put his soft top down in a blizzard.
Thank you for backing up this claim.
oh no that dude 100% fake.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No doubt you got snow. But! I found this sus
Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 6EC895F3-2856-4CA5-A0ED-E870F2F07619

My first thought was the window was down but when you opened it the snow cracked. I don't think ur top sealed properly (duh) prior to the wind. So idk what that looks isThe seal on the vehicle has these grooves which the top is supposed to lock in then shut, (like a tongue and groove is probably a better description) I've noticed on mine they won't lock right unless I pull and push them together.
Sponsored