Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can't smirk too much. I had two Jeeps and the top leaked on both, right above the passenger side front corner.
Theyā€™ll still give their smug smirk because the Bronco was supposed to fix all of Jeepā€™s issues.

Anyways, I just hope itā€™s a one off, small issue with a quick fix. Like another posted suggested, hopefully a seal on the roof was simply bunched up when it was re-installed or something simple.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my perspective the second picture looks like it dripped from above given the traces of water on the cover. First pic definitely looks like it came out of the cover, but maybe that was after a wipe? I bet it is from the roof but interested to hear the outcome.

My 09 JK hard top leaked too when I first got it. Basically a week or so after pickup it rained and we had a good amount of water, even in the molded top panels. Dealer fixed it and it was obvious where the seals were questionable. Of course, we leave the top off all summer and I have twice now had to remove the carpet inside it because of poor planning with weather (and once the cover blew off). Got a better emergency cover and replaced carpet with a liner kit.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Havenā€™t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But youā€™ll get the idea.

I hope itā€™s from the top and not the windshield.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain Capture-2

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain Capture-2
well, if its leaking from the airbag area , look for a recall. That would be a safety issue and could impact airbag deployment. Even if itā€™s coming from the hard top leaking, that would need to be sealed off. Now it is possible the window wasnā€˜t sealed exactly perfect when installed and just a fluke because of the initial run in manufacturing. Dealer install of a new windshield wouldnā€™t be so bad

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In a way I hope I'm 2022 and not a beta tester of a +$50k vehicle but I guess that's what the warranty is for.
lol, you think Ford is going to fix anything in the next year? We'll be lucky if the MY22 Broncos don't have all the MY21 problems plus a bunch of new ones! šŸ¤Ŗ

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
well, if its leaking from the airbag area , look for a recall. That would be a safety issue and could impact airbag deployment. Even if itā€™s coming from the hard top leaking, that would need to be sealed off. Now it is possible the window wasnā€˜t sealed exactly perfect when installed and just a fluke because of the initial run in manufacturing. Dealer install of a new windshield wouldnā€™t be so bad
yeah, that airbag can't be trusted to work right anymore, assuming it would have worked in the first place. šŸ™„

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Havenā€™t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But youā€™ll get the idea.

I hope itā€™s from the top and not the windshield.
Since there is water going by the airbags it could corrode the electrical connections rendering the airbag useless in an accident. This clearly looks worth reporting to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It will help all of us as it will make sure the issue gets to Ford for resolution and not buried in your dealers service department.

NHTSA Report a Safety Problem

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It was all coming out of the bottom front corner of the airbag cover. We pushed on it to see how much water would come out. And more did. Then we wiped it.

Iā€™ll pour water on the windshield and on the top to see if I can narrow it down.

Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t be the only one.

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to hope that problems like this, misaligned roof modules, delamination, etc. are results of Webasto's early piss-poor manufacturing and QA, and that these faulty roofs made it out into the supply chain somehow before Webasto roofs were locked down. I sure hope that the body color painted modular roof that's supposed to be available next year has all the bugs worked out. Will just have to live with the soft top on my OBX Sasquatch until then... whenever it gets delivered. šŸ¤ž

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This stuff happens on any new vehicle. Enjoy the Bronco.
Take it to the dealer, they will fix it. : )

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Since there is water going by the airbags it could corrode the electrical connections rendering the airbag useless in an accident. This clearly looks worth reporting to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It will help all of us as it will make sure the issue gets to Ford for resolution and not buried in your dealers service department.

NHTSA Report a Safety Problem
so nobody ever going to get caught in the rain with the top off? I imagine the airbag is a sealed unit with hopefully water tight connections.