First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not like it was done properly anyways. Should have been in the pillar like other models.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for reminding me. Have a keypad on my '15 f150 and to this day haven't used it once (other than the day I programmed it several years back) and I can't even recall the code I set anyways.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not like it was done properly anyways. Should have been in the pillar like other models.
2 door Broncos don't have them pillars...

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The same folks that are proud to have never used the keypad are the same folks that proudly stand in a line of 30 or more people at Sam's Club, while others use the app and proceed directly to the exit.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the best things about Ford are the keypads IMHO. I havent taken the key out of the last 4 pickups I have had nor my Bronco. They charge for it anyway. Why not keep it as an option???
If someone gets into your Bronco, will they then be able to start it and drive off, because your key fob is in the vehicle?

Sponsored

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If someone gets into your Bronco, will they then be able to start it and drive off, because your key fob is in the vehicle?
Not if the vehicle was locked with the keypad. Once locked using the keypad, either the keypad or a remote must be used to enter the vehicle. If they break in, the alarm will sound until they find the remote and silence it. Even if they break a window and use the lock switch to unlock the door, the alarm will activate.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not if the vehicle was locked with the keypad. Once locked using the keypad, either the keypad or a remote must be used to enter the vehicle. If they break in, the alarm will sound until they find the remote and silence it. Even if they break a window and use the lock switch to unlock the door, the alarm will activate.
So in that case you would want to hide the fob (remote) in a hard to find location?

Given that a Bronco is an open top vehicle, and some versions having only a soft top, if a person manages to get into the vehicle without triggering an alarm, can that person then start the vehicle? Or would the person still need to enter a code or physically push a button on the hidden fob?

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So in that case you would want to hide the fob (remote) in a hard to find location?

Given that a Bronco is an open top vehicle, and some versions having only a soft top, if a person manages to get into the vehicle without triggering an alarm, can that person then start the vehicle? Or would the person still need to enter a code or physically push a button on the hidden fob?
Great question. They would still need to enter a code, or push the alarm button. I have tested this several times on Fords I have owned, including the Bronco.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same folks that are proud to have never used the keypad are the same folks that proudly stand in a line of 30 or more people at Sam's Club, while others use the app and proceed directly to the exit.
I’m ok with fob for daily use. Quicker than app.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought the keypad was something I couldn't live without, but the tacked on look got me over not having one quickly.
yup...love the one on my Fusion, just hidden LED lights. The Bronco one is pretty hideous, kind of an afterthought.

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is true. I carry very good insurance but hope thieves wont think of that.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The keypad is one of the best features Ford has offered for over 20 years. I think the issue is that there are only two types of consumers: Those that love the keypad, and those that don't take the time to understand it's function and know how to maximize it's use.
My wife is in the "they are creepy and tech= bad" category. She won't even consider a vehicle if it has one.

She won't drive my Bronco because it has a pushbutton start instead of a metal key.

Personally, I've never had a vehicle with one that I can remember. It's not something I would ever use. I'm far more likely to use the "windows down" feature on the fob. Just wish the fob was normal size (mid 2000s Ford) than the gigantic monstrosity we have now.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just seems like a bad plan to me on Ford's part.
You're marketing this vehicle to go anywhere and while many people won't use it outside of a city, those that do probably travel to areas without cell service.

Shoot, I lose cell service just driving from my house to the hard top. Glad I've already got my Bronco with the keypad.

I do wish some of the executives making decisions actually left their cities and traveled out into the country some time (like the Ford executive that took the F150 Lightning out and discovered EV isn't ready for people outside city limits). It might do them some good to see how the other half live.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then it wouldn’t have been a good option for the 2 door. Except for the stick on version.
i have this on all of my broncos. it is 110 dollars at the parts counter. a tech programs it to your vehicle. i have used one of these on a 2021 a 2022 and now my 2023. Sick it on the inside of the gas door.
Sponsored