CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heck, I would go with 74Weld. Made in the USA & will probably come in around $12K.

What makes you think the weld74s would be 12k?

I was looking at an article on the weld 74s and they were saying 28k for install plus brake parts and everything else to put a weld74 kit on a Jeep. Could the Bronco's actually be cheaper?
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What makes you think the weld74s would be 12k?

I was looking at an article on the weld 74s and they were saying 28k for install plus brake parts and everything else to put a weld74 kit on a Jeep. Could the Bronco's actually be cheaper?
I wasn't counting install, only the portals themselves. I saw the parts price for Jeep I think coming in around $10k. There will always be the need for supporting parts on such a venture. Matching the gearing in the rear axle will be one of them because the portals are in themselves are a gear reduction box.

At any rate, I'm not going down that rabbit hole :sneaky:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw that today too. Iā€™m really interested in these portal hubs, but donā€™t know anyone who has ever used them. I have a lot of questions. Love the idea of having more clearance on 38s than being on 40s with a suspension lift. It even changes the gear ratio to compensate for the larger diameter tire, and it would probably even keep the speedometer pretty close to accurate.

How are they on the highway? How is the steering? do they require a lot of maintenance? How easy is it to find replacement parts without having to replace the whole thing?
I can't speak to add on or aftermarket portals, but I've had 4 vehicles with portals stock. You are adding an extra small gear box per wheel, so you have a little extra maintenance but not much. Just gear oil change. No effect on the highway other than the extra height and the effect on overall gearing but you should accommodate that with your tire selection. No change on steering other than the extra vehicle height. If they effect your steering, then something is wrong.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't trust sending my CC info to Ukraine. But that's just me.
I wasn't counting install, only the portals themselves. I saw the parts price for Jeep I think coming in around $10k. There will always be the need for supporting parts on such a venture. Matching the gearing in the rear axle will be one of them because the portals are in themselves are a gear reduction box.

At any rate, I'm not going down that rabbit hole :sneaky:
I donā€™t know about you guys, but I would prefer to save a few bucks by buying from the cheaper manufacturer in Ukraine. Nice 1-year warranty for use with 40ā€ tires and larger, so Iā€™m sure the product quality is robust. Vendors from that country always produced great harnesses for GMā€™s European operations, so it should be a nice stable supply source that I can rely on in future years if I have any problems requiring after-sale service and parts. The website can already be read in either English or Russian, so there should be limited geopolitical risk. I can even pay via PayPal and avoid those pesky CC fraudsters. Hopefully theyā€™ll let me choose ā€˜Friends & Familyā€™ to save a few more bucks.

What could possibly go wrong?
/s

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't speak to add on or aftermarket portals, but I've had 4 vehicles with portals stock. You are adding an extra small gear box per wheel, so you have a little extra maintenance but not much. Just gear oil change. No effect on the highway other than the extra height and the effect on overall gearing but you should accommodate that with your tire selection. No change on steering other than the extra vehicle height. If they effect your steering, then something is wrong.
I wish you told me they suck. How am I gonna spend 16k without my wife finding out?

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I donā€™t know about you guys, but I would prefer to save a few bucks by buying from the cheaper manufacturer in Ukraine. Nice 1-year warranty for use with 40ā€ tires and larger, so Iā€™m sure the product quality is robust. Vendors from that country always produced great harnesses for GMā€™s European operations, so it should be a nice stable supply source that I can rely on in future years if I have any problems requiring after-sale service and parts. The website can already be read in either English or Russian, so there should be limited geopolitical risk. I can even pay via PayPal and avoid those pesky CC fraudsters. Hopefully theyā€™ll let me choose ā€˜Friends & Familyā€™ to save a few more bucks.

What could possibly go wrong?
/s
Actually Urkraine is fully able to produce these with quality and a better price. Their aircraft parts are top notch!!! I use their propellers. They also have built some of the most reliable aircraft engines ever made. Some of the best genius minds have come from This area

Once I found out they were built in Ukraine, I was releived.

74weld is great but they made it clear they are making jeeps a priority and Broncos will be next year at the soonest now.

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least 74Weld shows pictures of the product. Werewolftech seems to be hiding theirs.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone tried or know anything about the Wherewolftech Bolt-on portal axles kit for Ford Bronco ?

Link: https://werewolftech.com/en/catalog/portal-axles/portal-gearboxes-for-ford-bronco-2021

Clearance increase
+130 Š¼Š¼

Gear ratio
1 : 1,35
HUB type
6 x 139,7

Recommended wheel size
38"

Minimal rim size
17"

Recommended wheel offset
ET 60

Individually designed for Ford Bronco 2021 kit, fitted to the factory axles and brake system.

By increasing the clearance by 130mm and reducing the gear ratio by 35%, portal gearboxes WEREWOLF can multiply improve the vehicle's cross-country ability, increase torque and while unloading the transmission.

And also allows you to install a central tire inflation system.

20220927_163940-min-600x600.jpg

20220927_164347-min-600x600 (1).jpg

20220927_164004-min-600x600.jpg

20220927_164155-min-600x600.jpg
Looks nice, but probably not an option for 99.9% due to the insane price.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually Urkraine is fully able to produce these with quality and a better price. Their aircraft parts are top notch!!! I use their propellers. They also have built some of the most reliable aircraft engines ever made. Some of the best genius minds have come from This area

Once I found out they were built in Ukraine, I was releived.

74weld is great but they made it clear they are making jeeps a priority and Broncos will be next year at the soonest now.
I am sure there are quality manufacturers in Ukraine, especially in the aerospace and defense industries. Obviously, my post was dripping with sarcasm. šŸ˜„

However, you have to admit that a 1-year/6,200-mile warranty for the 40s application does not inspire great confidence in this particular manufacturer's product.

More importantly, though, the country is in the middle of a hot war that is threatening its very survival as a sovereign nation, and that little kerfuffle has interrupted global supply chains across multiple industries: e.g., aerospace, defense, agriculture, automotive, energy, construction, mining, and metals. The list goes on an on. And the thought of paying for a $16,000 upgrade imported from a foreign country in a hot war with PayPal is pretty comical.

Although I love the concept and design of portal axles, and I recognize their benefits in increasing ground clearance in off-road environments, it's just too pricey for me to realistically consider. But I would love to see you or someone else install them and report back to the forum. Frankly, if anyone here can carry this out, it is you, my friend, so I say go for it! (y) :cool:

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish you told me they suck. How am I gonna spend 16k without my wife finding out?
There's a recent tik tok that shows a guy that "says" he ordered jewelry for his wife but he got scammed and was sent boxes of car parts.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Ukrainian country code.

Proceed cautiouslyā€¦.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks nice, but probably not an option for 99.9% due to the insane price.
Most people on here will buy them with street cred!!! :ROFLMAO: Oh wait!! Buy them FOR street cred. LMAO. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could mash some serious potatoes which those puppies.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty badass really. I'd want more info, but I'm for sure intrigued! Looks like they are all steel, no alloy, and use factory ball joint/tie rod, CV and hub bearing. Not lightweight like the weld race ones, but plenty sturdy for the weekend wheeler.
Sponsored