Sponsored

What is your Bronco and why do you own it?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Always been a Bronco fan and recently sold my '90 Bronco to go towards the purchase of my '22 Bronco. My original plan was for my '22 to just be a cool daily driver with the top off during good weather, but it's now turned into a weekend warrior. Daily driver during the week and off-road machine on at least one weekend a month. Love my new hobby!
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
21 OBX SAS 2.7 4dr, I had been bouncing the idea of a convertible mustang. Being in Alaska its only useable 6 months out of the year. I've always loved broncos, so in early 2020 I got very into the spy photos and such and decided a bronco would be my 4x4 mustang convertible for year round use. I still have my other vehicles (a different tool for every job) so I'm not missing out on anything. Going on two years of ownership of my first brand new vehicle I love it move every day and it's so freaking fun.

Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? 20230619_173017

Last edited:

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still own a jeep, wanted the best of both worlds. The bronco and jeep both have their own personalities that have separate advantages/disadvantages but with a pretty large area of overlap on positive notes.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just because I had a 70- and 71 back when I first started driving and was in College. The Gen 1 Broncos are Icons and I did so much 4 wheeling, learned so much about 4 wheeling in them. I HAD to have a new Bronco 2 door. I don't really need one for my life style. I have a very long commute to work and it is cost prohibitive for me to drive it as a commuter due to gas. So it sits mostly all the time, driven on weekends only and not too far. We had fun in the Ga mountains with it though this past summer.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My family needs 1.5 cars (wife works within walking distance of home and Iā€™m indefinitely working a hybrid remote/in-person position). So, we have our functional family hauler (2019 Transit Connect) and our winter warrior/summer fun car (2023 Bronco Base 2 door).

Bronco replaces a low mileage ā€˜97 Wrangler TJ that was fun but didnā€™t feel safe, wasnā€™t reliable, and had no storage for even a weekend trip.

Base trim 2 door because it harkens back to my favorite Ford ever: the Bronco II.

Automatic because the TJ was a manual and my wife has no interest learning that dying art. Frankly, I thought Iā€™d care more than I do. We live in the city (auto is better here) and drive out into nature on the weekends via the sketchiest route we can find (auto is better there). Plus, trail turn assist is fun!

Added 33ā€ MTs for summer and a set of 32ā€ ATs are going on in a few weeks for the winter.

Thinking about adding full skids and a winch. At that point weā€™ll basically be invincible on the trails/service roads we drive.

Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? D05747B9-0763-4706-BFC4-24E3E39A5B07

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dad had a 71 bronco with a boss 302 engine from a totaled car. We changed the manifold and carburetor to mild it down a bit. I was on the fence between a bronco and a jeep. Iā€™ve rented enough jeeps to know that they were uncomfortable. I did not like the looks of the new bronco until they came out with the heritage edition. That sold me.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had Jeeps for decades, but I'm just not a fan of the current Wranglers.

When I moved back to Minnesota, sold the convertible and was looking for something a little more practical with an open feel, moderate tow capacity, decent cargo room, the ability to navigate six months of full blown winter on questionable roads, and the ability to roll down the freeway for road trips. That, and my wife had to be able to get in and out without pain.

The Bronco really has been my all in one ride.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ā€˜22 Black Diamond 2-dr 7mt

Jumped at the opportunity when it was announced. Wanted to get out camping more, was in the market for a vehicle. 2-Dr with manual is perfect for me. It is my daily driver, so Iā€™m enjoying it all the time.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Bronco is a truck, and I own it because I need to get places. :)

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a few different F150's my last was a Harley Davidson. I used to go off-roading, but the Harley could not do that. So after I bought my wife a baby Bronco I decided to buy a Bronco for myself. Found a great deal on a Badlands that checked all of my boxes, *except the hard top, and I pulled the trigger.

Absolutely no regrets.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a kid I had a 67 fastback 390 GT, didnā€™t really understand what I had then. Joined the Army, had kids and life happened. Now I am 65 and I saw and test drove a bronco, seems I am 17 years old all over again.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve always wanted a first generation bronco and I couldnā€™t afford one when I was younger and now they are outrageously expensive if they are restored properly, so I thought why not get the new version. My badlands two door is as close to that as I could find and it has all of the amenities that a new vehicle comes with.
Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? IMG_9507

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Both my wife and I were motorcyclists for > 30 years. We had great adventures across the country and in Europe without incident/injury. However, with the road crazies & texters and a work injury to her clutch hand, she opted to not ride her own anymore last year. Along came arthritis and I, too, decided we'd transition to a trike...definitely not the same, but kept us riding. Then came retirement for my wife and I promised her a "retirement vehicle". She loved Mustangs in the past but wanted a Bronco ever since they came back out (she had a Bronco II in 1988). Luckily a decades-long dealer relationship had a Wildtrac NOT spoken for and it was perfect! Sasquatch, Hot Pepper Red, 2 Door. WE LOVE IT! No more worrying about the weather (did our time in rain, snow, 100 degree heat) or light packing in saddle bags when vacationing on the bikes! She smiles every time she drives it! Happy Wife, Happy Life.
Sponsored