Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So goofing aside. How do you like the Bronco compared the the YJ? I had a '95 YJ for 14 years. An elemental vehicle to say the least, loved it. The Bronco must feel like a Cadillac in comparison; at least that is what I am expecting.
I love my Bronco. Two different eras.
I haven’t had the Jeep for a long time. (Posted the pic for the joke)
I did love how the soft top folded down neat and tidy, with the half doors. And the way the fronts seats folded to get in the back.
I hated having to give it up.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a bunch of Wrangler and Bronco forums and FB groups. It's kinda toxic coming from both sides honestly. Usually not the guys that actually wheel as much. The lifestyle crowd tho...
Yup, it is usually the people who are in it for looks that are negative towards "others." Seen it several times on this forum as well and even posters in this thread deride an entire hobby because of the "type” of people that off-roading attracts.

Having come from the Jeep world I have definitely noticed a deliberate ignoring on the streets. However, on the trails I have had several pull upside me wanting to check out the Bronco and had some ask if they could join up with us so they can see what the Bronco is capable of.

Edit. I broke my self imposed rule of ignoring posts with "Jeep" in the title as these threads always spiral out of control but the original content seems over exaggerated.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I so far have found the opposite only jeep drivers have waved or gave the jeep wave to me. Bronco owners around me stare off into space or are self absorbed and don’t acknowledge anything. Went to a supposed bronco meet last Sat no one else showed up. But a ton of jeeps. Positive interactions with all I spoke to.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve waved at jeeps and they’ve waved at me, here in Colorado

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love how the try not to stare when they see me, so I put this little decal for the "jeepers".

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys IMG_3070.PNG
That symbol has a different meaning today...

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A$$HOLES are going to be A$$HOLES no matter what vehicle they drive. My daily driver is a 2015 JKU. I am not aware of any of my Jeep buddies who have this issue/hate thing for the Bronco. We love all things 4x4. Toyota's, Trucks....ok not HUMMERS.. ;) My Bronco is due for delivery last week of this month. It will then be my daily driver. Giving my Jeep to my grandson when he is 16.
What did hummers ever do to u????????? is this a toxic- masculinity thing, hummer =humvee = military = patriotism = BAD

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love how the try not to stare when they see me, so I put this little decal for the "jeepers".

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys IMG_3070.PNG
Ha.. and you have the ducks!!!! I use to get them all the time in Wildwood and Cape May and I would just drive off and let them fly

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm currently a Jeep driver. When I see a Bronco out on the road, I typically gawk awkwardly and then follow them uncomfortably close so I can check out their ride until we veer off in different directions.

I would imagine the average Bronco driver finds that way more annoying than getting flipped off. Ha.

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha.. and you have the ducks!!!! I use to get them all the time in Wildwood and Cape May and I would just drive off and let them fly
Yea I've been bucked four times.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only negative reaction I've had so far is a guy flipping me off, but he drove a Hummer H3 so his judgement is obviously skewed.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both. I have zero brand loyalty and never have. I buy vehicles because I like them, not the brand; most brands make stinkers of vehicles from time to time, and most certainly Jeep and Ford are among them.

The Bronco is off to a decent start. I frankly like my Wrangler a lot more, but it's not a fair comparison given it's been built up over time to be a serious wheeling machine. The Bronco can't even get past the gatekeepers for trails that are a breeze for the Wrangler.

Also, my Bronco (Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7L, Lux) just broke down and it's at the dealership so I'm not super hot on the Bronco lately to be honest. It broke down the first time I took it wheeling on a pretty moderate trail, too. Not exactly inspiring compared to the Jeep. But my wife likes it so we'll keep it. With 37s and some aftermarket improvements to the weak points (front suspension mainly) I'm hopeful it can be a fun little part-time wheeling machine.
Sponsored