Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that’s about 27mm too high in my opinion! I don’t know, maybe I should just Squatch it and swap to the regular flares.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That sounds like a Squatch wheel, and 55-32=23 which is moving the wheel out about an 1” extra. This jives with the extra width of the Wildtrak (Squatch standard) over the Badlands w/o Squatch.

(the puzzle pieces are falling into place - if we could just get pics of Squatch vs non-Squatch badlands front suspensions.)

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Most aftermarket wheels are cast too. Which is disappointing, at best. It's entirely too difficult to find a good looking off-road oriented forged wheel. The Sasquatch wheels have been listed in the various materials as being forged since the reveal though.
Great I hope that is the case.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But still too hard for Jeep owners.

Sorry..I had too. Lol

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it's hard to find a forged wheel for light-duty vehicles (in the size/offset/bolt-pattern). I really liked having forged wheels, but the practical difference between cast and forged was nil. The weight ratings of cast wheels are more than enough for our light-duty vehicles, and it's the tires that are the limiting factor. That being said, it is obvious there are pros/cons to each wheel type; cast/forged, steel/aluminum, offset, width, diameter, etc. Usually you have to compromise, unless you're willing to have custom wheels made, which is an option but very expensive.

Almost all wheels, that you'd buy for a light-duty truck or car, are made overseas, and they are almost all cast. The reason isn't really because they suck, it's because people don't want to really spend the money it takes to have a domestically sourced forged wheel. They're expensive and cost-prohibitive for manufacturers to make in every given size and bolt-pattern in the hopes people will pay the amount it would cost to be profitable. And, ultimately, you can pay much less for a cast wheel that will be in a cool wheel design and more than meet the needs of the everyday driver.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting question: so if we choose late availability badmanSquatch, how much do they charge for that option? Will it be the same $2500 as badautoSquatch or somewhere between the $1700 for the 285/70 MT plus wheels and the $2500?

(Edit) I am beginning to give up on the idea of waiting for MY 22, and lean towards picking either late avail manSquatch or late avail Black modular top in order to get the Bronco in a reasonable time frame, but allow Ford to work the kinks out of the supply chain and production processes.
that’s pretty much my build.
badmansquatch shadow black with the late availability Mod top and high pkg. who knows what that’ll cost though, or when I’ll get my hands on it.
reservation is some 104 something something .

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are definitely squatch wheels if they are 8.5". This is awesome as I have a set of 17x9's on -12 headed to the house for my Squatch.
Sponsored