Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats a Badlands with the 285s right? Man thats gotta be cutting it close for a 315 when turned. Im thinking maybe Ford made them removable for the squatches and they will come without those extensions?
I can"t find a sideview photo of the Overland Concept front tire , but I can remember in TN looking at the gap of the 35" to the rock rails and I don't think that was more than 2 1/2". In fact, I believe it was said that they hit on a hard turn.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

true. I am a big time DIYer so I guess to me its get a good foundation model / order and the rest will come. Pretty sure no OEM is creating the perfect vehicle for every persons desire.
I can"t find a sideview photo of the Overland Concept front tire , but I can remember in TN looking at the gap of the 35" to the rock rails and I don't think that was more than 2 1/2". In fact, I believe it was said that they hit on a hard turn.
yeah because those 35 tires were on a non sasquatch suspension and the extra accessory weights

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where’s the adventure in that? ?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the +55 on the Badlands 33" setup is .27" closer to the suspension than the Sasquatch. Just need a number off the Steelies and one off the OBX and we should know just about all we need too.
Ford Bronco Wheel offset confirmed for optional Badlands wheel (+55 offset) Screenshot-2020-12-3 Wheel Offset Calculator

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You still have to cut the crash bars in order to slide them out. Screw it, I’m going Squatch. I’m tired of working on cars.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This means a lot more people will be opting for the Sasquatch package.
Why? Seems no different than having track wheels or truck nuts.

If you track your car you seldom only have 1 set of wheels/tires and swap out for track day or at the track. I'll do the same thing for off-roading weekends.

Alternatively, if you're inclined to enjoy truck nuts, you let those hang out 24/7/365 and.... Oh, I see, it's a mod that chooses the owner. Sasquatch will have 95% of Bronco squatch owners hanging their version of truck nuts in the big cities of America, showing their off-road pretenses.

These posts from the Crash Bars thread discuss that on the Ranger they are removable/replaceable. Hoping the same for the Bronco.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/crash-bars.9410/page-4#post-340432

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/crash-bars.9410/page-5#post-340533
Initially the Ranger forum announced that you would have to remove the drivers front wheel AND the crash bar to change the oil. That got downgraded to only having to remove the wheel when the press got hold of the sensationalist post and ran with it.

After clarification by Ford every press junket had to redact their statements.

The forum deleted all those old threads... Long story short: They are bolt on crash bars, and every single Ranger owner who has hung his truck nuts to put on Texas sized wheels/tires had removed them. There's been a few accidents and it seems the only downside of removing them in an accident is that it breaks every suspension component on that side of the vehicle and the wheel can be pushed into the firewall. I haven't seen the responses from those as the posters tend to redact their pics/posts after insurance denies the claim. That's the best i've been able to figure but fully admit to not following the truck nuts train of modifications very closely. Just the insurance denials and thread deletes :)

More on topic, lets not forget the strength and material difference between cast and alloy in this lovely presentation: ENGAGE SAFETY SQUINTS!

I'll be getting a set of Ranger steelies and dedicated offroad tires so that I don't have all the issues of running mud tires on a daily basis.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So the +55 on the Badlands 33" setup is .27" closer to the suspension than the Sasquatch. Just need a number off the Steelies and one off the OBX and we should know just about all we need too.
Ford Bronco Wheel offset confirmed for optional Badlands wheel (+55 offset) Screenshot-2020-12-3 Wheel Offset Calculator
FWIW, another great online wheel fitment calculator is WillTheyFit

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Screenshot-2020-12-3 Wheel Offset Calculator.png
This graphic is slick. I assume it is available if I poke around on tiresize

Edit: I see willtheyfit, thanks

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You still have to cut the crash bars in order to slide them out. Screw it, I’m going Squatch. I’m tired of working on cars.
What needs to be cut? There are two bolts in a fairly simple receiver.

20201202_161837.jpg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What?

Show your work.
Well at least on the Ranger, on the front one.

Reason being theres not enough room between the end of bar and the fender/wheel well.

It looks like that rear one may come out if it can squeeze by that rock rail
Sponsored